Moose

Re: Amile Jefferson - SF - Friends Central School - Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2011, 07:51:29 AM »
fb.me/B2nL2x0y
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2011, 08:52:54 AM »
Amile wide open:

“I have been taking to Alabama lately and my father has been talking to St. John’s,” said Jefferson.

St. John’s might be an appealing option for Jefferson as one of the members of Steve Lavin’s highly rated incoming recruiting class is a close friend of Jefferson’s.

“It’s a great school. I know about the program through a friend Nurideen Lindsey. So I’m learning about the program through him being there. And the guys back at home that follow him.”

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011-0801/amile-jefferson-still-open-in-the-recruiting-process-as-july-closes/

Moose

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2011, 10:43:53 AM »
Amile wide open:

“I have been taking to Alabama lately and my father has been talking to St. John’s,” said Jefferson.

St. John’s might be an appealing option for Jefferson as one of the members of Steve Lavin’s highly rated incoming recruiting class is a close friend of Jefferson’s.

“It’s a great school. I know about the program through a friend Nurideen Lindsey. So I’m learning about the program through him being there. And the guys back at home that follow him.”

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011-0801/amile-jefferson-still-open-in-the-recruiting-process-as-july-closes/

Copycat :)

Guy

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2011, 07:32:35 PM »
If we land both Amile and KA with our final 2 ships.. oh my god.

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2011, 08:01:14 PM »
Kyle anderson and either jefferson or reinhardt would be great

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2011, 08:59:52 PM »
He's playing on CBS Sports Network right now. Game just came on.

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2011, 09:56:29 PM »

I would prefer Reinhardt.  There seem to be multiple players with Amile's skill set on the team already.

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2011, 07:15:55 AM »

I would prefer Reinhardt.  There seem to be multiple players with Amile's skill set on the team already.

Amile won the MVP of the Adidas national title game last night.  Kid looked real good in a game that had all the heavy hitters ( Purvis, Drummond etc)

MCNPA

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2011, 07:42:37 AM »

We're at the point where either Reinhardt, Amile are all gravy...  Can't get greedy at this point.  If we land Kyle Anderson, staff can go after anybody they want and it will be an excellent class.

Gumby

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2011, 01:39:45 PM »
Now that our heads are turned from CA to PA, is there any news on our status with Amile?

MCNPA

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2011, 05:24:45 PM »
Rothstein reporting that SJU come on real strong with Amile now.  It appears we're a real player for the kid now.

crgreen

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2011, 05:42:26 PM »

We're at the point where either Reinhardt, Amile are all gravy...  Can't get greedy at this point.  If we land Kyle Anderson, staff can go after anybody they want and it will be an excellent class.

Great Point about Anderson.   Land him, and you've bascally solved recruiting questions at 4 positions - do we need a 1? Kyle can play there - don't HAVE to recruit one.  Do we need a 2?  Kyle can play there don't HAVE to recruit one.  Do we need a 3?  Kyle can play there - don't HAVE to recruit one.  DO we need a 4?  Kyle can play there - don't HAVE to recruit one.

So as has been said, additional recruits are gravy, and we can take the best player who'll comit regardless of posiition.   Tho looking at the above, we really need a  5!  :)

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2011, 06:35:38 PM »

Don't forget the possibility of Jovan Thomas re-committing to SJU if both or either Jefferson & Anderson end up going elsewhere.

Gumby

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2011, 12:48:53 AM »
It seems that we are really focused on KA and Amile for the last two recruiting spots.  KA will give us not only a tremendous BB player, but, as already stayed on a number of posts, a great deal of flexibility in his ability to play 4 positions.

I do not think that Amile will find it hard to get minutes with us. 

There are two things I have picked up from reading so many posts on our recruits:
*  They all can play at least two positions, and several can play three positions.
*  Coach Lavin will field, at times, five players who might not all fit the traditional roles of certain positions, but will use their athleticism to overcome that and prevail nicely.

Amile falls into both of these situations.  He seems to be a very talented player.  Such players will always get time on the court.

Now, I hope that Nuri and Rico bring Amile into our family, and he is joined on 9/20 by KA.  38 Days to Go!!!

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2011, 11:52:00 PM »
Must admit I do not know much about Amile but I was watching some summer league AAU game and the announcers were saying he could be the #1 player in the class.

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2011, 04:18:22 PM »
Just visited NC ST. Had a good time. Says he has no list but that State, Nova and SJU recruiting him hardest right now.

http://northcarolinastate.scout.com/2/1095783.html

crgreen

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2011, 04:42:26 PM »
Just visited NC ST. Had a good time. Says he has no list but that State, Nova and SJU recruiting him hardest right now.

If Washington were to get into the mix, the entire UCLA '95 Championship team Assistant Coaching staff would be fighting it out for this kid - Steve Lavin, Mark Gottried and Lorenzo Romar....

NYCoffey

« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2011, 01:37:08 PM »
Here's an article about his visit to NC state. sounds like he really liked it, but then again they always say the visit was great.

http://ncstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1252805

Moose

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2011, 02:37:13 PM »
Has Amile stated if he plans to decide early?

« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2011, 12:18:58 PM »

Beating out Nova for a Philly kid they really want would be quite an accomplishment for the staff and something we haven't seen in many years. Go get'em Lavin & co.