Ricardo Ledo - SG- South Kent - Kent, CT - PROVIDENCE

• 40 replies

Marillac

Re: Ricardo Ledo - SG- South Kent - Kent, CT - PROVIDENCE
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 04:25:32 PM »
Providence has lost the last two verbals from top recruits.  This may play out differently, but 2012 is far away and this kid will be getting a lot of attention.

I hope he stays committed because we need the Catholic schools to step it up from top to bottom.

Marillac

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 04:27:19 PM »
A few things about Ledo he's a big time player who can shoulder a scoring load. The first thing anyone would say when someone asked, "where is he going?" is "anywhere he wants"

Also I wonder how Keno will feel about Rick Pitino coaching the Puerto Rican national team which Ledo will be playing for.

From everything I've read its a long shot he makes that team anyway.

No way in h'ell he makes that roster if everyone who is eligible plays IMO.  PR has a ton of talent at the wing spots. 

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 01:27:11 AM »
A few things about Ledo he's a big time player who can shoulder a scoring load. The first thing anyone would say when someone asked, "where is he going?" is "anywhere he wants"

Also I wonder how Keno will feel about Rick Pitino coaching the Puerto Rican national team which Ledo will be playing for.

No way in h'ell he makes that roster if everyone who is eligible plays IMO.  PR has a ton of talent at the wing spots. 

He has a spot on the team if he wants it. Ledo is a freak one of the best wing players I've seen this winter.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 12:39:26 PM »

He has a spot on the team if he wants it. Ledo is a freak one of the best wing players I've seen this winter.

Your saying he's a lock for Puerto Rican team?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 01:52:58 PM »
One guy saves nothing. Remember how Sylvan saved UVA?

I fail to see how one situation has to do with another. The promise of a blue chip recruit saves a job there is no way around that.

My point is that bringing in one top recruit guarantees nothing. UVA is better now that Landesberg is gone.
One guy can make a good team a great team, but this guy is not going to carry a bad Providence team that's
going to be without the BE's leading scorer—a very good player, who's led them to what?

Marillac

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 11:23:40 PM »

No way, Dave.  Ledo is good, but he is just a boy and can't compete with professional men right now.  Carlos Arroyo, David Huertas, Jose Juan Barea, Ricky Sanchez, Renaldo Balkman, and Guillermo Diaz would all play over him without a doubt.  There are also kids currently in college that have bodies ready to compete and give more to that team than Ledo. 

It's a 12 man roster and I just named six pros 1-3 without even mentioning any big men--of which they will need at least 4-5. 

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 09:03:09 AM »

No way, Dave.  Ledo is good, but he is just a boy and can't compete with professional men right now.  Carlos Arroyo, David Huertas, Jose Juan Barea, Ricky Sanchez, Renaldo Balkman, and Guillermo Diaz would all play over him without a doubt.  There are also kids currently in college that have bodies ready to compete and give more to that team than Ledo. 

It's a 12 man roster and I just named six pros 1-3 without even mentioning any big men--of which they will need at least 4-5. 

Ricky Torres will be fighting for time too

Re: Ricardo Ledo - SG- South Kent - Kent, CT
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 01:49:43 PM »
http://www.projo.com/pc/content/Ricky_Ledo_PC_Friars_Reynolds_02-03-11_CTMA4P_v2.d3a7f9.html

Maybe more important, Ledo has become a poster child for today’s college basketball culture, one that’s very different from what it was a decade or two ago. For this is no longer about getting a college scholarship, no longer about going to the NCAA Tournament, or graduating from high school. It’s no longer about any of the traditional markers of success.

This is about the promise of money.

This is about American Idol in baggy shorts and expensive sneakers. This is hopefully about going to college for only a year or so before going off to the NBA, where the checks are big and you don’t have to worry about passing western civ. This is the world Ledo is right in the middle of, and it’s not your father’s basketball world, not even close.

“Kids used to have entourages when they were in college,” Hart said the other day, when the news broke that Ledo had changed his mind about committing to the Friars. “Now they have them in high school.”

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 12:58:06 AM »
Hearing grumblings of Ricky Ledo to UConn

Moose

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 08:36:24 AM »
They must show recruits a good time :2funny:

gman

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 09:04:49 AM »
Hearing grumblings of Ricky Ledo to UConn

He was on campus according to Zags.  Pay back for Gomes, lol.

Poison

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 09:32:25 AM »
Uconn can certainly afford him

Marillac

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2011, 03:18:48 PM »
Uconn would be smart to stay away from this kid.

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2011, 11:44:18 AM »

I'm not sure why you would say that. He's pro talent

Gumby

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2011, 09:45:35 PM »
Ledo is a player with some baggage, but a player with great potential.  I cannot see too many schools saying no to him he was interested.

It would be interesting if he contacted Coach Lavin.  What another SG?

Marillac

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011, 10:30:22 PM »

I'm not sure why you would say that. He's pro talent

Lenny Cooke II

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2011, 04:48:40 PM »
Providence hanging in there with Ledo:

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/30004918

Kentucky, Syracuse, Providence and Connecticut are the four currently standing out for Ledo, but Texas, Florida, Arizona and Maryland are also heavily involved.

"I want to go somewhere I can win," he said. "Playing time is also important."

« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 04:49:15 PM by fordham96 »

Moose

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2011, 04:53:13 PM »
Providence hanging in there with Ledo:

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/30004918

Kentucky, Syracuse, Providence and Connecticut are the four currently standing out for Ledo, but Texas, Florida, Arizona and Maryland are also heavily involved.

"I want to go somewhere I can win," he said. "Playing time is also important."

This kid hasn't met a shot he hasn't liked.  He was hoisting from everywhere on Friday.  Mind you he does make a lot.  But I wonder how that fits into a structured offense.  Unless he's going somewhere he gets freedom to do whatever he wants.

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2011, 03:37:15 PM »
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/6932818/highly-touted-prospect-ricardo-ledo-headed-hometown-providence-friars

To Providence...

"But there is a chance Ledo may beat Dunn to campus. Ledo said he and his family are investigating all options at this juncture, even possibly getting to Providence by January. "
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 03:40:04 PM by jumpinjohnny »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!