Jaren Sina - PG - Gill St. Bernard's School - Gladstone, NJ - SETON HALL

• 280 replies
Based on what others have said, seems to me that he is going to end up at Seton Hall.  Rutgers has Mack, who will be good next year (not sure who East Coast bias thinks is there other PG, because Carter isn't one IMO).  And I don't know who East Coast bias believes is Hall's PG.  I don't see one.

Rutgers has seagars. Seton hall has Gibbs and Mayan.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Well I give up.

If you want 4 year kids the 14 and 15 classes will provide opportunities.

I want to win big and have superior talent.  MCW stays 2 years but you get Ennis. 

Moose

Well I give up.

I want to win big and have superior talent.  MCW stays 2 years but you get Ennis. 

Hey we each have opinions and favorites.  I don't think Jordan wants to be in college for very long.  Great talent but joining an already crowded backcourt he's going to want his shots out of the gate.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Well I give up.

Hey we each have opinions and favorites.  I don't think Jordan wants to be in college for very long.  Great talent but joining an already crowded backcourt he's going to want his shots out of the gate.

How long is not too long, 2 years?

Would you take Mudiay?  That kid is 1 and done definitely.

Moose

Well I give up.

Yeah I'd take Mudiay but he's on another level from Jordan to me.  Jordan isn't an McDonalds AA.  Mudiay is.  Hardly the end all be all factor but it drives home my point.

I want to build a roster.  I just don't want to grab these kids just to grab these kids because they are athletic freaks.  I want to build a team.

Moose

Well I give up.

Yeah I'd take Mudiay but he's on another level from Jordan to me.  Jordan isn't an McDonalds AA.  Mudiay is.  Hardly the end all be all factor but it drives home my point.

I want to build a roster.  I just don't want to grab these kids just to grab these kids because they are athletic freaks.  Give me some smarter players on the court.  I want to build a team.

Well I give up.

I want to build a roster.  I just don't want to grab these kids just to grab these kids because they are athletic freaks.  Give me some smarter players on the court.  I want to build a team.

Jordan is a 5 star kid and can start immediately. 

But here is my my point.  SJU has Greene, Jones, Balamou, Branch and JUCOs.  There is no evidence to suggest just because Lavin pursues Jordan over Sina that somehow he is sacrificing the future for now.  First off Jordan is not a 1 and done.  Which means he is at least a 2 year player.  Everyone is using the premise that pursuing Jordan over Sina assumes that is what Lavin wants to do.    That IMHO is a false premise.  Lavin is pursuing Jordan for the same reason Temple and UCLA are because he is an immediate impact player. And I like that philosophy.

Not against Sina other then he is very limited sans as a good shooter.  He doesn't make them better next year and there are plenty of Sina's in 14 and 15.  There aren't plenty of Jordan's.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 10:52:04 PM by fordham96 »

Moose

Well I give up.

But here is my my point.  SJU has Greene, Jones, Balamou, Branch and JUCOs.  There is no evidence to suggest just because Lavin pursues Jordan over Sina that somehow he is sacrificing the future for now.  First off Jordan is not a 1 and done.  Which means he is at least a 2 year player.  Everyone is using the premise that pursuing Jordan over Sina assumes that is what Lavin wants to do.    That IMHO is a false premise.  Lavin is pursuing Jordan for the same reason Temple and UCLA are because he is an immediate impact player. And I like that philosophy.

Not against Sina other then he is very limited other then as a good shooter.  He doesn't make them better next year and there are plenty of Sina's in 14 and 15.  There aren't plenty of Jordan's.

Interesting group of guys you listed there.  Left out Harrison for instance.

I disagree on Sina as I think he is a good distributor of the ball.  Hey if Harrison aint around we'd have room for both guys.  I'm not confident in any player that highly rated being around two years.  Basing it off history of players leaving and quotes from this kid who wants to play at the next level and soon.

There are plenty of Sina's and Jordan's in '14.  We just arent listed with them, or have been :)

My preference if given the choice (and Harrison back) is Sina.

Well I give up.

Not against Sina other then he is very limited other then as a good shooter.  He doesn't make them better next year and there are plenty of Sina's in 14 and 15.  There aren't plenty of Jordan's.

I disagree on Sina as I think he is a good distributor of the ball.  Hey if Harrison aint around we'd have room for both guys.  I'm not confident in any player that highly rated being around two years.  Basing it off history of players leaving and quotes from this kid who wants to play at the next level and soon.

There are plenty of Sina's and Jordan's in '14.  We just arent listed with them, or have been :)

Carrington is better then Sina and better for us and he is a 4 year player.
There are 5 or 6 Jordan's and there are 15-20 Sina's.  He isn't even top 100.

Time to go to sleep....lol!

Moose

Well I give up.

No way is Carrington better than Sina.  Wow.
But yes Carrington does fit in better since he can join the gang that can't shoot.
Trey Burke was 142
Goodnight :)

goredmen

Well I give up.

No way is Carrington better than Sina.  Wow.
But yes Carrington does fit in better since he can join the gang that can't shoot.
Trey Burke was 142
Goodnight :)

Never seen Sina play but if he's Better than Carrington then there is no way we can pass on him. I don't think we are in a position yet where we can pass on 4 star players if they are interested in playing in Queens

paultzman

1. Jaren Sina, a top recruit out of New Jersey for Northwestern, was granted a release by NU AD Jim Phillips Monday, according to the Chicago Tribune. Sina may still go to Northwestern, his father was quoted by the Trib. But the actions of Phillips should be applauded. He took the time to fly out to New Jersey Monday upon making the decision of firing Bill Carmody. He wanted to talk to the prospective recruit and make an attempt to keep him but at the same time honor the family's request. There is no reason to turn this into some protracted fight when a player may not want to attend the school. The genuine gesture by Phillips would likely be respected by the Sina family if they connect with the new hire. Northwestern could easily play hard ball and not release Sina. But what would that prove? Phillips is being a hands-on athletic director, trying to get this hire right with the correct fit and at the same time ensuring there is a comfort level with the incoming players. More ADs should take note.

“@eamonnbrennan: 3-point shot: Coaches under tighter scrutiny http://es.pn/XYhoHH

From ESPN scouting:

"Sina is a super skilled guard with a lethal jumpshot. He has an effortless stroke which is automatic when in rhythm from anywhere inside 25 feet...He is a pinpoint passer, and has a tremendously high basketball IQ."

I want him on this team.

paultzman

“@AdamZagoria: St. John's is not involved with PG Jaren Sina, hia father tells @SNYtv. Johnnies focused on @sheedjordan for 2013”

Moose

“@AdamZagoria: St. John's is not involved with PG Jaren Sina, hia father tells @SNYtv. Johnnies focused on @sheedjordan for 2013”

Fordham rejoices :)

ras

From ESPN scouting:

"Sina is a super skilled guard with a lethal jumpshot. He has an effortless stroke which is automatic when in rhythm from anywhere inside 25 feet...He is a pinpoint passer, and has a tremendously high basketball IQ."

I want him on this team.
A high basketball IQ w a lethal jumpshot, I can see why he isnt a good fit LOL.

boo3

Sounds like an deal back up plan if Jordan goes elsewhere.

Dave, PMG, and Fordham seem pretty confident he isn't a BE player, so I'll defer to them.  Sorry Moose. I've never seen the  kid play, so tough for me to kill staff for not going after him. 

Poison

From ESPN scouting:

I want him on this team.

He sounds too smart for us. We don't play smart.

Moose

Sounds like an deal back up plan if Jordan goes elsewhere.

Dave, PMG, and Fordham seem pretty confident he isn't a BE player, so I'll defer to them.  Sorry Moose. I've never seen the  kid play, so tough for me to kill staff for not going after him. 

I don't think any of them are saying he isn't a BE player.  I could be wrong but Dave just said he didn't fit in, PMG said Hall who is a BE team (hold jokes) and then Fordham is valuing Jordan because of the higher ranking.  Look at the list of schools after him and its clear he's a Major recruit.

boo3

Well, then he sounds like a great back up plan if Jordan bails. 

Hopefully the staff, if they aren't interested, has someone else in mind as a back up plan.