Alex "Quags" Kline-TEAM MANAGER-The Pennington School-Ewing, NJ

• 19 replies
Alex "Quags" Kline-TEAM MANAGER-The Pennington School-Ewing, NJ
« on: September 30, 2010, 07:01:42 PM »
Okay folks, so this may seem ridiculous but here it goes.  Alex Kline runs TheRecruitScoop.com and is one of the true up-and-comers in the recruiting business.  He is also just a senior in high school and is thinking about coming to St. John's and working as a team manager.  I can tell you that it can often be VERY helpful to have a team manager that is in touch with the recruiting scene and recruits.  Having someone like Alex would be a major help to our program, and hes a hard worker and a nice guy to boot. 

Let's get on here and see if we can persuade Quags to commit to SJU!!! (I will direct him to read the thread)
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Re: Alex "Quags" Kline-TEAM MANAGER-The Pennington School-Ewing, NJ
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 07:02:45 PM »
By the way, you can visit his site at TheRecruitScoop.com or on twitter at www.twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 07:09:02 PM »
I'm looking forward to the " Mazel Tov " thread when Alex commits to St Johns

Poison

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 07:16:34 PM »
But does he have a qualifying test score?

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 07:34:41 PM »
He's actually a Junior.  Got a whole other year to recruit him!!

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 07:43:25 PM »
Okay folks, so this may seem ridiculous but here it goes.  Alex Kline runs TheRecruitScoop.com and is one of the true up-and-comers in the recruiting business.  He is also just a senior in high school and is thinking about coming to St. John's and working as a team manager.  I can tell you that it can often be VERY helpful to have a team manager that is in touch with the recruiting scene and recruits.  Having someone like Alex would be a major help to our program, and hes a hard worker and a nice guy to boot. 

Let's get on here and see if we can persuade Quags to commit to SJU!!! (I will direct him to read the thread)
Yeah, Miami's been a terror since they landed Alex Schwartz out of that same Pennington program. ;)

For a variety of reasons, he's got some guys that seem to want to take him down a peg.

I don't believe that Alex Schwartz is a team manager there...

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 09:44:21 PM »
[tweet]http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/26035823248[/tweet]

8)

[tweet]http://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/26034533258[/tweet]

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 10:39:26 PM »
Your skepticism is not helping us win this recruiting battle!!!

LJSA

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 01:31:24 AM »
Eva Mendes and Jessica Alba are huge St. John's fans and personal friends of mine. They are willing to have a weeklong threesome with Quags if he commits, so long as he uses his connections to bring a talented big man along with him. Please relay this message to him.

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 01:33:20 AM »
It would be great to get him at St. John's!  I didn't realize he was so young.

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 07:28:44 PM »
Eva Mendes and Jessica Alba are huge St. John's fans and personal friends of mine. They are willing to have a weeklong threesome with Quags if he commits, so long as he uses his connections to bring a talented big man along with him. Please relay this message to him.

I have passed this message along and he tells me that after reading that, he is now a St. John's lean.

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 07:26:59 PM »

I have passed this message along and he tells me that after reading that, he is now a St. John's lean.
Tell him if he's looking for an Abe Keita type of incentive then to lean to kentucky. :)

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 09:27:27 PM »
"Teenage recruiting guru Alex Kline of The Recruit Scoop is taking an unofficial visit to St. John's on Saturday"

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamZagoria/status/4331566079680515

gonzalo

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 09:42:20 AM »
http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/6072453721759744

Just finished my St. John's visit. It was great & everyone there was friendly. Met up with Steve Lavin's assistant Derrick Wrobel. Good guy!

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 10:41:50 PM »
[tweet]http://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/6077112557510657[/tweet]

@TheRecruitScoop You went to St. John's while also being in New Haven for the #prepshowcase? Outstanding stuff.

mkras99

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 10:45:22 PM »
NTSG, why do so many people hate on the retweetscoop?

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 10:53:05 PM »

:2funny:
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 11:18:59 PM »
Personally, it's not a big deal to me.

I don't want to say what others may want kept private, but I think it's probably from a similar line of thinking that caused some to be annoyed by Adam Zagoria. He was a newcomer (nationally), didn't travel to the events, and some believed he would effectively repackage others' articles or give them credit for  breaking news at the end of his articles/posts (as opposed to the beginning, where all could see it). In one instance (Harrison Barnes), there was the plagiarism issue, where Rivals stepped in. The Goodman/Zagoria spat seems to have become more public, after AZ apparently became aware of Goodman talking to coaches about him behind his back.

In the case of Kline, I'd say some feel he's been sloppy with giving credit to those breaking news.

gman

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2011, 04:35:30 PM »
Kline to Cuse.  Does he have to stop his recruiting coverage while in school.  I'm guessing somehow he will now be considered a Cuse booster

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2011, 05:32:35 PM »
Kline to Cuse.  Does he have to stop his recruiting coverage while in school.  I'm guessing somehow he will now be considered a Cuse booster

No, he's not going to be working with the team.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle