Paris and DJ Can't Shoot Today

• 25 replies
Re: Paris and DJ Can't Shoot Today
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 05:24:31 PM »
yankeez, DJ was ok today but ive said it since the beginning of the season that i dont think hes going to put up big #s (at least this year) against major teams.  he's going to do a lot of little things well that will help the team win a few of the big games but hes not going to be a big guy numbers wise.   he just doesn't have those tools to do it and i hope people that havent seen him in person can see what i mean about his handle.  he cant go full speed with his handle because he loses control of it too much. i think if he can keep it under control when going full speed he'll be a good penetrating player. 

DJ wuz the second leading scorer wit 10 pts. He got hisself 6 boards 2 dimes and 2 assists and 2 TOs. And he aint gonna be puttin up numbers?
From all I hears, it wudn't DJ who hurt us t'day. 

i never said it was dj that hurt the team at all. i thought dj played pretty well but all im saying is that i dont think hes ever going to be the "star" (nothing wrong with that), but what he currently/will be is, IF there are the proper pieces around him, a role player that can play a major role in a championship or winning team. 

i understand that dele is a freshman however this team needs him to play minutes this year and if he doesn't play smarter it will be a long rest of the season.  i think what norm should consider is going small at times with geno/malik, wright, dj/rob thomas (if healthy), mase and burrell on the floor.  this will give them an athletic and good defensive team that can run the floor and if they are anal with boxing out they wont be that bad on the boards. 

Read ya bre.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2007, 08:02:56 PM »
johnnies practice day after game which is rare....who is the last two guys in the gym? what were they doing? anyone want to take a guess?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2007, 09:19:50 PM »
i hope that practice the day after a game isn't too rare. but it might explain things. i have been patiently waiting for norm to show me something and i will continue to wait. but this blow out does suck. i spent the days leading up to the game hyping st. johns to the syrapuke fans i work with. and they actually watched the game. needless to say, they are laughing...a lot.

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 09:39:26 PM »
they have nothing to laugh at. Cuse has looks abysmal in games too

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007, 09:53:09 PM »
theyve looked abysmal defensively. offensively it maybe one of the better teams theyve had in a while
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2007, 10:40:15 PM »
they shot 5 of 25 from 3 against ohio state. They've looked bad offensively at times too. Agreed though this is a good offensive team but to make a point everyone has their off nights