Ricardo Gathers - PF - Riverside Academy - Reserve, LA - BAYLOR

• 1016 replies
Re: Ricardo Gathers - PF - Riverside Academy - Reserve, LA - BAYLOR
« Reply #1000 on: April 13, 2012, 09:45:12 AM »
Would there be anything better for banter on this board than Iona coming out as a dirty program and having to watch Baldi bash them?  I do not wish that on Iona, but it'd make for some great message board fodder

Iona has had its fair share of  dirty laundry, see Ruland as player and coach. Sore loser Kevin Willard  is even spreading rumors about the team recently.

What is Willard saying

Questioning how Iona got Momo. Sour grapes because he couldn't land Momo or get Machado to come with him to Seton Hall

Tha Kid

« Reply #1001 on: April 13, 2012, 12:28:49 PM »
Yeah I mean why would Willard question why the Gael$ would get a top recruit over a Big East school in Seton Hall?  Nothing $u$piciou$ about it, right Baldi? ;)
"I drink and I know things"

boo3

« Reply #1002 on: April 13, 2012, 02:51:54 PM »
Yeah I mean why would Willard question why the Gael$ would get a top recruit over a Big East school in Seton Hall?  Nothing $u$piciou$ about it, right Baldi? ;)

Even hoops players have their safety schools.....

« Reply #1003 on: April 13, 2012, 10:12:38 PM »

Iona has no $ to pay basketball players, that nun robbed the school blind

« Reply #1004 on: April 14, 2012, 03:16:10 PM »
I thought I was coming on here to read about Ricardo Gathers
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

sju89tr

« Reply #1005 on: April 15, 2012, 11:29:18 AM »

Every thread turns into a Iona debate.

« Reply #1006 on: April 15, 2012, 12:01:41 PM »

I didn't bring it up,was just responding

pmg911

« Reply #1007 on: April 16, 2012, 09:09:18 AM »
where were the Willard quotes in regard to Momo & Iona..?

Tha Kid

« Reply #1008 on: April 16, 2012, 11:47:38 AM »
When a recruit commits elsewhere, I don't think it's that surprising that it turns into more of an off-topic.  And is that so bad? First was about Baylor's lack of institutional control (not Gathers), then about Baldi thinking some programs are actually clean, then I brought up Iona, and then it snowballed.  THreads evolve by their nature...while it is FANTASTIC they are so organized here, to expect there won't be any digression is to ignore the nature of the beast.
"I drink and I know things"

desco80

« Reply #1009 on: April 16, 2012, 11:08:49 PM »
When a recruit commits elsewhere, I don't think it's that surprising that it turns into more of an off-topic.  And is that so bad? First was about Baylor's lack of institutional control (not Gathers), then about Baldi thinking some programs are actually clean, then I brought up Iona, and then it snowballed.  THreads evolve by their nature...while it is FANTASTIC they are so organized here, to expect there won't be any digression is to ignore the nature of the beast.

Agreed.   There's a fine line between keeping things organized and breaking up the natural flow of a conversation by switching Topics.  Generally Dave and the mods do a great job though.   Maybe give a little more leeway to a conversation that is relatively related to the thread, and arose from that topic.   Plus, you often can tell when a thread is dead, and when it's not.    Not likely there will be much to say about Gathers anymore, so this doesn't bother me.
If the same conversation was cluttering the Michael Chandler thread, that would be different.   Just my 2 cents

sju89tr

« Reply #1010 on: April 17, 2012, 09:47:25 AM »

I didn't bring it up,was just responding

Not blaming you Marco, a lot of times people bring it up just to stir the pot

Marillac

« Reply #1011 on: April 17, 2012, 12:39:47 PM »

Good post, Tha Kid.  I agree.

paultzman

« Reply #1012 on: September 25, 2012, 03:38:27 PM »
Must be eating out with Rothstein!

“@JonRothstein: .@BUDREW on Ricardo Gathers "He's 265 pounds of muscle. He's getting better at scoring over length."”

paultzman

« Reply #1013 on: September 25, 2012, 05:35:58 PM »
“@franfraschilla: @rgsaunders1 Rico Gathers is unpolished but has great nose for ball. Good piece of puzzle as freshman. Raw O right now.”

« Reply #1015 on: June 16, 2015, 04:40:29 PM »
Was arrested last week for shoplifting:

http://m.wacotrib.com/news/police/baylor-basketball-forward-gathers-arrested-on-theft-charge/article_ef57c4f1-2707-59bf-816d-5cac8500a4ba.html?mode=jqm

He should have went to boosters through his family.

Or he shouldn't have had a kid if he couldn't provide for it