Ricardo Gathers - PF - Riverside Academy - Reserve, LA - BAYLOR

• 1016 replies
Re: Ricardo Gathers - PF - Riverside Academy - Reserve, LA
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 11:18:03 AM »
Per Rivals....

Ricardo Gathers, PF, Brandon Bass Elite- Simply put, Gathers is built like a full grown man and he does full grown man things on the floor. A beastly interior player who has a nose for the ball, a will to score and a need to play with physicality, he tests the manhood of his opponents. A strong transition finisher, he's improving as a spot up jump shooter. Listed St. John's, Connecticut, Syracuse, Texas, Kansas, California and LSU.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1212759

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 03:09:52 PM »
Per ESPN Recruiting....

Ricardo Gathers (LaPlace, La./Riverside) offered up an interesting nugget. The Louisianan told us St. John's and Steve Lavin are doing the best job stoking his fire so far.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=6381709

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 11:46:10 PM »
Highlights from Boo Williams....  Gathers's clips start at 1:26.  He looks like he's about to rip the rim out of the backboard on one of his dunks.

http://www.ballislife.com/video/2011-nike-eybl-session-1-boo
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 11:46:46 PM by mjdinkins »

Moose

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 04:54:53 PM »
More stuff on Lavin and Gathers from Telep:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/blog?name=telep_dave&id=6396341&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb%2fblog%3fname%3dtelep_dave%26id%3d6396341

Music to my ears-

"Gathers would be a fit for the Red Storm because he's strong enough to put his hand in the dirt and be a down lineman, he's also the owner of a nice shooting touch and should he balance that out with his inside game, could be a real force next to Norvel Pelle (Long Beach, Calif./Price) for the Storm."
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2011, 10:57:44 PM »
The kid reminds me a lot of Jeff Adrien - would LOVE to get him.

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 07:56:06 PM »
Gathers visiting unofficially May 12th per Zags tweet.

Lavin working his magic again.

Moose

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 07:57:38 PM »

I was so worried this past year of a limit on officials and so many ships we might get caught.  Boy was I wrong.  Did half our recruits even visit officially?  Heck some did AFTER we already had their commit.

ras

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 08:37:47 PM »
Gathers is a bull. This team with the addition of Gathers would go far.

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 09:10:49 PM »

I was so worried this past year of a limit on officials and so many ships we might get caught.  Boy was I wrong.  Did half our recruits even visit officially?  Heck some did AFTER we already had their commit.

JaKarr only visited during the Skills Camp.  He got an in-home with Lavin however.  Pelle visited both in the Skills and then officially on Midnight Madness then committed.  He also got an in-home.  Garrett visited both ways as well joining Pelle at MM then committed.  Harrison visited unofficially and then got a in-home.  He committed just before he was taking his official also on MM and then took it.  Greene visited officially in January committing then.  GG just visited officially as well.

Lindsey not 100% sure.  Harkless did not need to visit officially as he practically lives on campus.

Moose

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 09:12:38 PM »

JaKarr only visited during the Skills Camp.  He got an in-home with Lavin however.  Pelle visited both in the Skills and then officially on Midnight Madness then committed.  He also got an in-home.  Garrett visited both ways as well joining Pelle at MM then committed.  Harrison visited unofficially and then got a in-home.  He committed just before he was taking his official also on MM and then took it.  Greene visited officially in January committing then.  GG just visited officially as well.

Lindsey not 100% sure.  Harkless did not need to visit officially as he practically lives on campus.

And to put it this way.  Did anyone officially visit that we didn't land?

Marillac

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2011, 10:29:17 PM »
Gathers is a bull. This team with the addition of Gathers would go far.

Perfect complement to Pelle and will be a nice balance to the long athletes we already have. 

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2011, 10:45:49 PM »
I have read all over that Gathers is wide open with a ton of schools after him and him having about 4-8 favs.  Does anyone think we could get a verbal after the unofficial in may from him?

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011, 10:59:14 PM »

Not to nitpick, but Pelle and Garrett didn't visit during Midnight Madness.  They were on an official visit during the Johnnies scrimmage and committed shortly thereafter.  Garrett took an unofficial to St. John's in June, if I'm not mistaken.  Lindsey visited the Johnnies during Midnight Madness.

As, for Gathers committing on his unofficiat, rdstr....  I doubt it, but NOTHING would shock me with this staff.  They get things done!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:59:41 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011, 11:28:33 PM »
Does anyone know whether Ricardo is related to the late/ great Hank Gathers?

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2011, 11:41:46 PM »
Interview about Arkansas....looking to visit St. John's and Florida in spring/summer.

Will take officials in fall and will make decision in early signing period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRt-xYGBO3w&feature=player_embedded#at=61
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 12:52:07 AM »
Spring time is the most beautiful time of year at St. John's campus. Not sure of the academic calender but if they get St. John's before finals during the "study" period and they have some spring activities outside St. John's is a lot of fun. The scenery and the "scenery" are nice
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 08:20:10 AM »

Not to nitpick, but Pelle and Garrett didn't visit during Midnight Madness.  They were on an official visit during the Johnnies scrimmage and committed shortly thereafter.  Garrett took an unofficial to St. John's in June, if I'm not mistaken.  Lindsey visited the Johnnies during Midnight Madness.

As, for Gathers committing on his unofficiat, rdstr....  I doubt it, but NOTHING would shock me with this staff.  They get things done!

Nitpick???  LOL!!  You are correct though on the dates as I mixed them up on a few.  I stand corrected.

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 10:20:22 AM »
Is Midnight Madness considered an official?

Moose

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 10:38:52 AM »
Is Midnight Madness considered an official?

It could be.  But it all depends on what the school and the kid agree on.  We had kids here on both officials and unofficials for Midnight Madness.