Ricardo Gathers - PF - Riverside Academy - Reserve, LA - BAYLOR

• 1016 replies
Re: Ricardo Gathers - PF - Riverside Academy - Reserve, LA
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2011, 12:36:52 PM »
"Trying to be more of a 3" -We need him as a monster 4

« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2011, 12:38:52 PM »
Per the Johnnies Rivals site....  There is a piece on Gathers.  Maybe, one of the members on the board who is a subscriber can give us a snippet.  Calling Moose, fordham, etc....  LOL 

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1231607&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Moose

« Reply #182 on: June 15, 2011, 12:39:46 PM »
Per the Johnnies Rivals site....  There is a piece on Gathers.  Maybe, one of the members on the board who is a subscriber can give us a snippet.  Calling Moose, fordham, etc....  LOL 

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1231607&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Honestly nothing that hasn't been said already.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #183 on: June 15, 2011, 12:40:28 PM »
"Trying to be more of a 3" -We need him as a monster 4

Too many taller players feel they need to be 3 to play in the NBA. Few guys embrace being a post player anymore. I know Dave Telep and Evan Daniels feel the same way.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #184 on: June 15, 2011, 12:40:38 PM »

Oh, okay.  Cool!  Just regurgitation, huh? 

Moose

« Reply #185 on: June 15, 2011, 01:55:40 PM »

Oh, okay.  Cool!  Just regurgitation, huh? 

It's a byproduct of a recent event (Rumble) with a bunch of media all recapping the same thing.  Ce la vie.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #186 on: June 15, 2011, 06:10:16 PM »
Reborn...

« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 06:10:54 PM by Choz4Life »
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Poison

« Reply #187 on: June 15, 2011, 06:42:03 PM »
Is there any relation?

« Reply #188 on: June 15, 2011, 06:46:53 PM »
Is there any relation?

I, seriously doubt it or we would've long heard about it by now.

Fire Mullin.

« Reply #191 on: June 16, 2011, 02:34:47 PM »
I don't believe this video was ever posted.  It's from the City of Palms Tournament from December.

http://www.ballislife.com/video/67-ricardo-gathers-is-a

« Reply #192 on: June 16, 2011, 02:43:48 PM »
. (
New link up on zags site:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/06/16/gathers-considering-st-johns-for-2011/#more-53635
If Gathers is that physically dominating in High School,and he is able to do
it academically,  I think it would make sense for him to enroll in college in 2011.
Some kids need that extra year to physically mature- sounds like he doesn't.

I like that we appear at the moment to be co leaders w Texas
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 02:45:01 PM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

ras

« Reply #193 on: June 16, 2011, 03:21:15 PM »
If he academically qualifies for next year , it would benifit him and SJU. He would be 1 step closer to the NBA and we would have true 240 lb talented PF.

« Reply #194 on: June 16, 2011, 04:00:17 PM »
it will be tough trying to top texas since he said its his dream school on one occasion

« Reply #195 on: June 16, 2011, 04:08:23 PM »
it will be tough trying to top texas since he said its his dream school on one occasion

Honestly, I believe that is the only reason Texas is still on his list (being his dream school at one point or another).  Remember, we were the "dream school" of guys like Derrick Caracter and Corey Fisher at one point.  In some instances, things can change.  I believe in the end he'll be at St. John's.

SJUFAN

« Reply #196 on: June 16, 2011, 05:19:44 PM »

Honestly, I believe that is the only reason Texas is still on his list (being his dream school at one point or another).  Remember, we were the "dream school" of guys like Derrick Caracter and Corey Fisher at one point.  In some instances, things can change.  I believe in the end he'll be at St. John's.

I hope your right, although dream school aside, Rick Barnes is not Norm Roberts.

« Reply #197 on: June 16, 2011, 05:45:49 PM »

Rick Barnes is not Norm Roberts.

Neither is Steve Lavin.   ;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 05:47:44 PM by mjdinkins »

ras

« Reply #198 on: June 16, 2011, 06:11:26 PM »
Just thinking of Gathers playing alongside Godsgift, no team would outmuscle us.

« Reply #199 on: June 16, 2011, 06:15:53 PM »

Rick Barnes is not Norm Roberts.

Neither is Steve Lavin.   ;)
thats not the point...if he feels strong enough about texas as his dream school then the kid is rick barnes' to lose....it doesnt seem like hes that dead set on texas so its a good sign but im not in the kids head