How will Slyven Perform at UVA

• 23 replies

redstorm32

How will Slyven Perform at UVA
« on: December 03, 2007, 02:21:23 PM »
this conversation is all opinion and hypothetical

how do you think slyven will perform at uva?

i think for the first couple of years he will put up some solid numbers but when he realizes uva will not make it in the acc and his dad is pissed off and pressuring him to come home he may transfer to st johns

what do yuo guys think

will he have a successful career at uva, will he transfer out, will he be a bust

kjd01067

Re: How will Slyven Perform at UVA
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 02:30:08 PM »
Who cares? 

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 02:46:11 PM »
who is closer to "making it" right now, virginia or st johns?

you say that virginia likely wont make it to the top of the acc, which maybe true, but is st johns really looking much better in the big east? can sju overtake louisville and georgetown who are at the top of their game recruiting wise right now?

if he wants to go to a school that has made it or is CLEARLY on their way to making it, i dont think sju is the safest bet.  he could look at purdue, depaul maybe rutgers/shu. im not saying that sju will definetely not "make it" but certainly sju is NOT the safest bet.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 02:52:29 PM »
sorry 32, i didnt realize your question was phrased based on the father.  i just found it hilarious when posters came on here and said "have fun playing in the cellar/middle of the pack in the acc."  those people are clearly wearing those rose colored glasses because virginia has had more success in terms of winning and recruiting than sju has (theyve brought in a pretty good center for 08 as well). 

i think sylven is a guy that is extremely coachable, has a great work ethic and will probably put up 12 ppg as a senior in the acc.  i'll compare some of his game to geoff mcdermott on providence as a guy that can do a number of different things very well.  hes a "piece to a championship puzzle" but i dont think hes a main scoring threat. ive spoken to sylven's father and he's let sylven make his own decision here.  hes likely going to travel to virginia for almost all his home games.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

redstorm32

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 03:03:44 PM »
no problem johniesfan to clarify for other posters i dont think virginia will be in the bottom of the acc but they will forever be behind unc duke and i think in the future maryland and georgia tech

not saying syl wont see the dance because im sure uva will be there

as you said about his father that is impressive that he is willing to take time off and make it to every game down in virginia

but eventually you have to think that travel is going to take a toll on him physically and financially

then again he isnt paying for college

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 03:16:19 PM »
thats fair 32 but then flip the question and ask will sju ever be as good as georgetown, uconn, louisville, etc. i think answer to both questions are "its possible" because coaches leave, retire, etc.

i found a good comparison for sylven and that is his game is pretty similar to danny green of unc.  i think green maybe a little bit better but their games are fairly similar especially because syl's inside game has improved quite a bit over the summer.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 03:44:08 PM »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 04:27:32 PM »
Who cares? 

I agree. He's f'n pussy.

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 04:34:13 PM »
Who cares? 

I agree. He's f'n pussy.

gotta love the people that truly do care about a young persons well being   ::) ::) ::) :-[ :-[ :-[

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 05:33:29 PM »
He'll be aight.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 06:32:40 PM »
I like how in September we had this kid bringing us back to the promise land, now some of you don't think he can average anymore than 12 ppg as a senior in the ACC. Give me a break you guys had him averaging 20 a game as a freshman in the big east.

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 06:48:15 PM »
I never said he would average 20 per game in the ACC or Big East, so I'm not sure who you're talking about.

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 08:04:12 PM »
Who cares? 

i think he was joking a bit
I agree. He's f'n pussy.

gotta love the people that truly do care about a young persons well being   ::) ::) ::) :-[ :-[ :-[
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 04:42:03 PM »
Who cares? 

I agree. He's f'n pussy.

Should we care????
Personally, I don't!  Do we need to guess how ANY of our recruits that DO NOT SIGN  with SJ will do in college ::)
I wish them well until they play a game against SJ!  Then I hope they falll flat on their face like a former target of ours did on national TV at MSG when we beat NC STATE 8)  This great player now plays in Italy and NOT the NBA :)
Anyone want to venture a guees as to whom I am referring to??

Tha Kid

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 05:45:14 PM »
This is a crazy thread.  If Sylven came here he would be touted as the second coming.  He wasn't THAT good but he's not as mediocre as people are making him now either.  He will be a good frosh, maybe turning into a very very good ACC player.
"I drink and I know things"

Randomhero423

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 08:23:31 PM »
i think his best year will be: 21 ppg, 6 assists, 4 rebounds.

Dan

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 12:41:39 AM »
Poison that is completely uncalled for.

He made his choice, it's over with now.

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 11:21:59 AM »
Redbull, I beleive you are referring to Julius Hodge from Harlem , NY!!!

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 02:48:03 PM »
Who cares? 

I agree. He's f'n pussy.

Should we care????
Personally, I don't!  Do we need to guess how ANY of our recruits that DO NOT SIGN  with SJ will do in college ::)
I wish them well until they play a game against SJ!  Then I hope they falll flat on their face like a former target of ours did on national TV at MSG when we beat NC STATE 8)  This great player now plays in Italy and NOT the NBA :)
Anyone want to venture a guees as to whom I am referring to??

anyone on this board would've loved to have julius hodge play for sju so dont even play that game.

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 05:05:47 PM »
Dont know why theres all the hate.
Syl and J made they choices. It a bidness y'all. Nuthin personal.
It the fans who take it personal. Not the playas.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.