Brian Bernardi - SG - Xaverian HS - Brooklyn, NY - SMU

• 148 replies

Moose

Re: Brian Bernardi - SG - Xaverian HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2011, 12:02:09 PM »

Why aren't posters clamoring for Omar Calhoun?

The two year moratorium would be up before Calhoun stepped on campus if he was signed.

Calhoun played for New York Gauchos when Hicks was there, so I think that we can´t get him.

And that makes the ruling on MoMo even more stupid.  Calhoun is just 2 yrs removed from Hicks and MoMo is 4-5.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2011, 12:12:29 PM »
True.  It's a poorly written rule with the dates only applying to the coaches date of arrival at the school and players who arrive in a defined window of that date.  What if you hire a coach who had done some U14 coaching four years ago.  Kids you might have barely know might be banned from being recruited 5 or 6 years later.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 12:15:08 PM by yankcranker »

Moose

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2011, 12:16:40 PM »
True.  It's a poorly written rule with the dates only applying to the coaches date of arrival at the school and players who arrive in a defined window of that date.  What if you hire a coach who had done some U14 coaching four years ago.  Kids you might have barely know might be banned from being recruited 5 or 6 years later.

That's why this rule can be exposed with some dedicated resources.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2011, 12:34:12 PM »

The two year moratorium would be up before Calhoun stepped on campus if he was signed.

Calhoun played for New York Gauchos when Hicks was there, so I think that we can´t get him.

And that makes the ruling on MoMo even more stupid.  Calhoun is just 2 yrs removed from Hicks and MoMo is 4-5.
You missed the reply. Calhoun would definitely be eligible to play for St. John's. It's been 2 years.

So would Bernardi, who was a Gaucho.

gonzalo

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2011, 12:46:05 PM »

You missed the reply. Calhoun would definitely be eligible to play for St. John's. It's been 2 years.

Hicks was hired on May, 2010. Can Bernardi sign a National Letter of Intent with us on November, 2011?

Moose

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2011, 01:10:38 PM »

I didn't miss the reply.  My point is still the same.  The fact that Calhoun and Bernardino :) CAN enroll at STJ and they were so much closer to Hicks in terms of timing (2 yrs vs. 4) with 3 schools in between makes the rule even dumber each time I read it.

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2011, 01:23:13 PM »

Hicks was hired on May, 2010. Can Bernardi sign a National Letter of Intent with us on November, 2011?

Simple answer, yes.  He won't enroll until summer of 2012 and that's the date that matters, enrollment date vs. Hicks hiring date.

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2011, 07:46:18 AM »
I luv Bri's game.
So do Jevon.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

MCNPA

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2011, 09:34:38 AM »
I luv Bri's game.
So do Jevon.

I'd love to add him as the next at SG to Harrison. 

Wods317

« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2011, 11:00:27 AM »
Is the staff really recruiting this kid. He seems like just the type of guy we need but theres not much on him around the internet. I would love to add a sharp shooter with our last scholarship, most good teams have a player like this.

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2011, 11:25:56 AM »
Is the staff really recruiting this kid. He seems like just the type of guy we need but theres not much on him around the internet. I would love to add a sharp shooter with our last scholarship, most good teams have a player like this.

Yes this is why you visit this site. You get news and information before its all around the internet.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2011, 11:33:42 AM »

Yes this is why you visit this site. You get news and information before its all around the internet.

Huh?   ???

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2011, 11:55:05 AM »

Huh?   ???

second that huh??

Moose

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2011, 12:51:30 PM »

Huh?   ???

second that huh??

Dave

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2011, 01:05:18 PM »

Huh?   ???

second that huh??

Dave

Best post of the day. Thank you Moose

Wods317

« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2011, 01:41:48 PM »
Thanks for telling me why I visit the site. Just a simple question I asked because I haven't seen us connected to him in any way which is rare because the information is usually everywhere especially now with Lavin.

« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2011, 12:09:09 PM »
Offers: Hofstra, Iona, Wagner, Boston University, Marist, and three others
                                   Favorites: "Right now I like Hofstra out of my offers, but I'm definitely looking into Boston College and Georgetown."

http://blog.northstarbball.com/2011/05/26/spring-jam-fest-phase-ii-school-lists.aspx

« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2011, 01:16:30 PM »
You guys are a tough crowd. Well at least you guys aren't arguing so that's a plus.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

LJSA

« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2011, 07:29:47 PM »
Offers: Hofstra, Iona, Wagner, Boston University, Marist, and three others
                                   Favorites: "Right now I like Hofstra out of my offers, but I'm definitely looking into Boston College and Georgetown."

http://blog.northstarbball.com/2011/05/26/spring-jam-fest-phase-ii-school-lists.aspx

Looks like the big boys think he's a step too slow so far, but it'll certainly be easier and cheaper for us to monitor him more than BC or Georgetown can and/or are willing to.

Everyone here who has seen him seems to like him, so we'll see.

ras

« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
 Tried looking him up on ESPN, couldnt find him, found him on rivals, not rated. Why isnt he rated if he is as good as many of the posters say?