Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY

• 1791 replies
Re: Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cardozo HS - Bayside, NY
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2012, 09:16:23 PM »
What I'm hearing is his favorite color is red, just not Rutgers red.

But are we red or black?  ;)

Cincy red?

Chilleb

« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2012, 09:18:10 PM »

Cincy red?
Rutgers leading, news hot off the press

ris

« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2012, 02:44:44 AM »
Rutgers in fact leading for Lawrence had a long conversation with a top tier source. Lavins health still a lingering issue with recruits. Don't shoot me im just the messenger.

0 players from New York in our team doesn´t help.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:45:06 AM by ris »

MCNPA

« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2012, 08:10:12 AM »
Rutgers in fact leading for Lawrence had a long conversation with a top tier source. Lavins health still a lingering issue with recruits. Don't shoot me im just the messenger.

Why would it make a difference?  Our one NYC kid is getting drafted in the first round of the NBA draft soon.  If kids would rather play in the RAC for that nut Rice, I don't know what else to tell them. 

MCNPA

« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2012, 08:19:23 AM »
And fwiw, no one player going to break us.  We have a great core roster.  If it isn't Lermaine Lawrence it will be some other top kid.  I for one would looove to land Lawrence and certainly think he should be a huge priority for 2013, but we're not going to be behind the 8-ball any more.  Only way for Lavin to quell lingering negative recruiting efforts about his health is to get on the court and coach.  I was concerned when Lawrence blindsided Naclerio by leaving Cardozo.  That concern was warranted. 

« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2012, 09:10:29 AM »
And fwiw, no one player going to break us.  We have a great core roster.  If it isn't Lermaine Lawrence it will be some other top kid.  I for one would looove to land Lawrence and certainly think he should be a huge priority for 2013, but we're not going to be behind the 8-ball any more.  Only way for Lavin to quell lingering negative recruiting efforts about his health is to get on the court and coach.  I was concerned when Lawrence blindsided Naclerio by leaving Cardozo.  That concern was warranted.
Totally agree.  We need Steve in the worst way and a solid season.  Last year was a wash to me. 

Poison

« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2012, 09:14:06 AM »

We have Felix Balamou. NY high school bball can go F themselves. They all suck.

« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2012, 09:45:13 AM »
NY high school bball can go F themselves. They all suck.

Sad, but true.  You can't really stack a program with NYC players reight now.  You have to recruit nationwide, which Lavin is able to do, while trying to keep the occassional NYC gem like Moe or Jermaine.  Right now, Chicago is cocsistently producing top notch talent.  Carolina, Atlanta, Texas and Cali are all producing more talent than NYC.

Edit:  I forgot to mention Jersey.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:47:01 AM by simplyred »

sju89tr

« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2012, 09:59:19 AM »

Sad, but true.  You can't really stack a program with NYC players reight now.  You have to recruit nationwide, which Lavin is able to do, while trying to keep the occassional NYC gem like Moe or Jermaine.  Right now, Chicago is cocsistently producing top notch talent.  Carolina, Atlanta, Texas and Cali are all producing more talent than NYC.

There are plenty of NYC kids but they are not playing in public schools or even catholic league for that matter.

ris

« Reply #189 on: May 12, 2012, 10:09:36 AM »

California? Polee, Pelle ... No thanks.

Two recent facts:
West Virginia won the 2010 Big East Tournament. The five starters were from NY and NJ.
3 members of the NCAA All-Tournament of this season were from NY and NJ.

We need players from New York and New Jersey.

MCNPA

« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2012, 10:24:28 AM »

Two recent facts:
West Virginia won the 2010 Big East Tournament. The five starters were from NY and NJ.

We need a few players from ny/NJ and we are/will get them.  We need kids that càn play period.  I'd take 13 D'Lo's and he's from Texas.

sju89tr

« Reply #191 on: May 12, 2012, 10:39:37 AM »

Two recent facts:

We need a few players from ny/NJ and we are/will get them.  We need kids that càn play period.  I'd take 13 D'Lo's and he's from Texas.

Who cares where the players come from.

California has a ton of players, many of them just find NYC too far from home.   

« Reply #192 on: May 12, 2012, 10:56:29 AM »
It seems like most kids want to get away from nyc, wheather its prep or college. But i feel we can get kids who want to expierence nyc like Jakarr and D'lo and thats fine with me since it would be hard to find a better player from nyc area at those positions the last 2 yrs ( except for Moe who we landed anyway).

« Reply #193 on: May 12, 2012, 11:05:33 AM »

Cincy red?
No

« Reply #194 on: May 12, 2012, 11:08:52 AM »

Two recent facts:

Cali puts out many great players.  You mention two but ignore the many others.  Even the two you selected, one is good and the other was a great HS player who can't get on a college court because of academics.

As for WV, were those NYC players.  Ebanks was but the rest were from outside of NYC.

NYc puts out a great HS player every couple of years.  There are good players such as Landesberg but how often do we see a Moe, Lance (as he was in HS), or Ebanks?  I live in NYc so I just try to follow the buzz about a kid and it doesn't happen often.  Kids like Galan and Hall are good players but if you don't follow HS ball, you will never catch wind of their existence. 

Moose

« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2012, 01:37:51 PM »

Gonzalo?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2012, 01:47:47 PM »
When talking about Lawrence yesterday the amount of city staff and players def mattered and favored rutgers

« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2012, 02:11:30 PM »
When talking about Lawrence yesterday the amount of city staff and players def mattered and favored rutgers
Who from the City does rutgers even have on their staff ? Van Macon ? I don't even think they have anyone else.

We have Chiles and Hicks and Chiles has been on Lawrence for a long time

Personally I can't even understand that argument ( I'm not saying you are wrong in what you heard ) I just don't understand the people that are saying that.

As far as city players as was mentioned we had the best nyc player between both the teams and he will be in the nba after 1 year under our staff.

We also have the better talent of the 2 teams. Anyway it is what it is. Lavin is going to be back on the sidelines in just a few months and any more talk about his health will be put to rest ( I thought it already was but I guess people will say anything to recruits )
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:44:55 PM by mjmaherjr »

gman

« Reply #198 on: May 12, 2012, 02:18:43 PM »

Why would number of NY players matter, the kid ran away from NYC to Jersey.  We have a good year with Lavin on the sidelines and things will sort themselves out with recruits.  I don't worry a lick about Rutgers in a recruiting battle ever.

Moose

« Reply #199 on: May 12, 2012, 02:19:54 PM »
"city" people have a very short memory.  And because our staff did not see Jermaine during the 2 open period weekends they are now insinuating that we have dropped back and Rutgers who was there leads.  That's all I'm really going to say about 'city' people right now.
Remember who broke the Slice news