Katin Reinhardt - G - Mater Dei - San Juan Capistrano, CA - UNLV

• 170 replies

MCNPA

Per Evan Daniels, SJU offered this 6'5" gunner tonight.  Top 65 player per espn from out of mater dei.  Rivals #43. Can never have enough shooters...

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/68087/katin-reinhardt
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:56:32 PM by jumpinjohnny »

MCNPA

Re: Katin Reinhardt
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 03:02:37 AM »
 :(He's apparently PG/SG and WOW... Just watch  the video.  Total stud.  Looks like he easily has the handle to play the 1 or 2 and is a deadly shooter to boot.

6'4" Katin Reinhardt Has SICK Game! One of The TOP Point Guards of 2012!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:08:34 AM by MCNPA »

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 03:49:57 AM »
Absurd handle for a kid his size.  I'm on board.

Interesting that Evan Daniels reported that the Thomas departure was mutual and then breaks this the same night? HMMMM.  Daniels has been right with Lav before and he works for ESPN too.  HMMM.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:52:31 AM by Marillac »

MCNPA

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 04:00:16 AM »

Interesting that Evan Daniels reported that the Thomas departure was mutual and then breaks this the same night? HMMMM.  Daniels has been right with Lav before and he works for ESPN too.  HMMM.

Let me clarify a little more.  The original tweet was from Josh Gershon, a scout guy.  Lavin has deep roots out west though, and I'm sure this de-commit and offer the same night are not coincidental.  This kid seems he could play the 1-3 spots with his handle, size and shooting ability.  Pretty sure he won't scare off Anderson either as he can play PG but probably would be playing multiple spots here as well.

Interestingly enough, another tweet popped up by Ikenna Iroegbu, one of the top PG's out of Cali in the 2013 claiming to be breaking the news about SJU offering Reinhardt.  There seems to be some connection to Reinhardt there.  Maybe AAU and Dinos Trigonis?  There has to be something that has been cooking behind the scenes here. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:12:26 AM by MCNPA »

gonzalo

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:17:27 AM by gonzalo »

Moose

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 06:28:20 AM »

Daniels is Scout not ESPN.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Re: Katin Reinhardt - G - Mater Dei - San Juan Capistrano, CA
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 07:57:32 AM »
Reinhardt has said that playing close to home was a key factor, which is why he committed to USC, along with the ability to play early when he planned to join the team in 2012-13.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/05/usc-no-longer-interested-in-mater-dei-star-katin-reinhardt.html
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 08:39:55 AM »
Reinhardt has been blowing up over the spring and summer.  I can recall seeing his name mentioned several times on recruiting blogs due to his solid play throughout the AAU season.  Whether, it's the recommitment of JT or not....  Lavin and the staff will find a solid replacement. 

Things are going to be very interesting around here over the next 2-3 months.   

Moose

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 08:45:24 AM »
Absolutely love the soft touch on his jumper.

MCNPA

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 08:58:44 AM »
Reinhardt has said that playing close to home was a key factor, which is why he committed to USC, along with the ability to play early when he planned to join the team in 2012-13.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/05/usc-no-longer-interested-in-mater-dei-star-katin-reinhardt.html

Guessing that he probably changed his mind about playing close to home.  Doubt Lavin would offer him right away if there wasn't an indication that he might leave the area.  As we know, Lavin doesn't usually pursue prospects he doesn't feel we have a good chance at landing.

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 09:00:41 AM »
Here is another video on Reinhardt....

Katin Reinhardt Summer Highlights

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 09:01:36 AM »
It does not sound like playing out West is a factor anymore.  Word is he likes NC St and he grew up in Lincroft, NJ.

Interesting Gottfried and Lavin, two ex-UCLA assistant/friends.

MCNPA

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 09:19:09 AM »
It does not sound like playing out West is a factor anymore.  Word is he likes NC St and he grew up in Lincroft, NJ.

Interesting Gottfried and Lavin, two ex-UCLA assistant/friends.

If he grew up in NJ, I like our odds even better of landing him.  He knows the east coast and is comfortable here, although getting kids from other places has been a breeze under Lavin so far.  Really love this kid's game.  I'd take him over Jevon for his size and shooting ability.  He has a top notch skill set, not so much different than when Marillac mentioned John Scheyer.  I know its probably inconsequential to many, but ithas been a looong time since SJU has landed a quality white player as well.  Most have been the low major variety.this kid is one that can be primarily a PG if you need him to be, or he could be a wing scorer.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:39:27 AM by MCNPA »

derk

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 09:31:31 AM »

Yes Moose. And his handle. And the spring in his step :)

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 09:36:20 AM »
Race aside, he reminds me of Jason Williams (White Chocholate, not Duke's JW).

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 09:38:56 AM »

He looks pretty good.  That spin move off the dribble is pretty nifty.  Only concern is if he can guard speedy point guards.  Those highlight reels never show any defense.

MCNPA

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 09:48:02 AM »

He looks pretty good.  That spin move off the dribble is pretty nifty.  Only concern is if he can guard speedy point guards.  Those highlight reels never show any defense.

He looks plenty athletic and fast enough.  Just look at his crossover and drives past players.  He moves well for a 6'4" kid.  Uconn won a national championship with Marcus Williams who wasnt as fast as this kid. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:49:00 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 11:28:12 AM »
Apparently the offer was broken originally by 2013 PG prospect Ikenna Iroegbu.  He is a Cali kid probably friends with Katin.

Moose

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 11:45:23 AM »

Very true.  But he plays for a top level school like Mater Dei so I know the competition is solid.

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 02:30:54 PM »
This kid would put tons of fannies in the seats.  What a great get he would be.  Jevon who????