Katin Reinhardt - G - Mater Dei - San Juan Capistrano, CA - UNLV

• 170 replies

Marillac

Re: Katin Reinhardt - G - Mater Dei - San Juan Capistrano, CA
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 03:42:36 PM »
Absolutely love the soft touch on his jumper.

He looks pretty good.  That spin move off the dribble is pretty nifty.  Only concern is if he can guard speedy point guards.  Those highlight reels never show any defense.

Very true.  But he plays for a top level school like Mater Dei so I know the competition is solid.

They have the #62 player in the country as well according to ESPNU, so he's getting good looks in practice.

Kid's game reminds me of Devendorf.  Hopefully he has a better head on his shoulders, though!

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2011, 04:46:01 PM »
kid looks like a stud who can shoot it pass it and handle it. Fits lavins style to a T
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 05:03:55 PM »
Absolutely love the soft touch on his jumper.

He looks pretty good.  That spin move off the dribble is pretty nifty.  Only concern is if he can guard speedy point guards.  Those highlight reels never show any defense.

Very true.  But he plays for a top level school like Mater Dei so I know the competition is solid.

They have the #62 player in the country as well according to ESPNU, so he's getting good looks in practice.

Kid's game reminds me of Devendorf.  Hopefully he has a better head on his shoulders, though!

This kids court vision is unbelievable.  Watched his vids a few times.  This is the way the game should be played.  He blocks shots, has great range and an unbelievable handle.  He'd improve everyone on the roster.  My fave recruit so far.  C'mon Steve land this guy!

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2011, 05:08:10 PM »
The kid has great footwork. Calling a spade a spade - if this kid comes to STJ and succeeds the NY media will make him into the next Chris Mullin. I don't know what our chances are in landing him, but its definitely exciting he's even on the radar.

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2011, 07:58:25 PM »
I'd love to have him, but I doubt he comes here.

Marillac

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2011, 08:50:26 PM »
The kid has great footwork. Calling a spade a spade - if this kid comes to STJ and succeeds the NY media will make him into the next Chris Mullin. I don't know what our chances are in landing him, but its definitely exciting he's even on the radar.

Media will definitely turn him into the next Mullin--no question--but his game is way closer to Devendorf.  He's more athletic than Mullin...flashy. 

Moose

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2011, 08:53:48 PM »
I'd love to have him, but I doubt he comes here.

Inside info? Hunch?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
Mater Dei players have had a tough time adjusting to the college game in recent years (Taylor King, Wear twins).  Maybe this kid will be different.  He certainly looks great in the videos.

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2011, 11:52:36 PM »
What a novelty-a white kid from the US with game. This question is not particular to this kid but has anyone seen highlight video of anyone who does not look great. I like everyone I see in the highlight videos you guys post-some 20 odd years ago a fellow ST J fan accused me of wanting everyone in shorts. I guess he was right. Iwould take this kid on french toast-also want the center on OSNA (Jevon.s teamate) as well as Anderson and Gathers and probably more guys with posted highlights. :) :) :)   

Poison

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 12:11:28 AM »
Mullin was a very good athlete. Devondorf is a thug. He was caught once for assault. That doesn't mean he did it once.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:45:42 AM by Poison »

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 05:59:29 AM »
Taylor King was a head case as bad if not worse than Devendorf.

King was a terrible waste of talent.

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 11:47:44 AM »
What a novelty-a white kid from the US with game. This question is not particular to this kid but has anyone seen highlight video of anyone who does not look great. I like everyone I see in the highlight videos you guys post-some 20 odd years ago a fellow ST J fan accused me of wanting everyone in shorts. I guess he was right. Iwould take this kid on french toast-also want the center on OSNA (Jevon.s teamate) as well as Anderson and Gathers and probably more guys with posted highlights. :) :) :)
They do all look good on highlight videos but I've yet to see the combination of skills this kid possesses in any vid.  He almost looks surreal so unless this was trick photography if I were Lavin I'd offer him the keys to the kingdom.  His team mates would love the easy layups he dishes and willingness to shoot from deep and board.  Time for some Novenas on this one.  He and SJU would own the city from day one.

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2011, 01:02:44 PM »
Vision, handle and body control. Nice.

Moose

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2011, 06:13:05 PM »
ESPN Insider said some are calling him 'the next Jimmer' and he is quoted as saying his recruitment is 'wide open'.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2011, 07:20:28 PM »
I just feel like we are a little late to the party. Compared to Gonzaga and UNLV, we have some catching up to do. But listen, Lavin can get it done, and the kid has ties to the east which is nice.

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2011, 07:23:15 PM »
Ummm.  He was committed to USC until this month and not talking to anybody.  He's quoted as saying STJ was the first to offer after the Fab 48.  Doesn't sound late.  Read Daniel's article for more info.  See Dave, I read the stuff every once in a while.

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2011, 07:26:17 PM »
Ummm.  He was committed to USC until this month and not talking to anybody.  He's quoted as saying STJ was the first to offer after the Fab 48.  Doesn't sound late.  Read Daniel's article for more info.  See Dave, I read the stuff every once in a while.
Well you have enough time since we all found out you log on each day from 6:17pm EST to 7:41 EST. LOL

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2011, 07:30:07 PM »
ESPN Insider said some are calling him 'the next Jimmer' and he is quoted as saying his recruitment is 'wide open'.

So now hes been compared to Mullin and Jimmer. Hmm

Marillac

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2011, 07:56:07 PM »

I read a few days ago that Dave Rice told Katin that he would use him like Jimmer.  That could just be recruiting b.s. though. 

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2011, 07:59:53 PM »

LOL   The article was pretty good read.  I have a hunch his list of schools are probably gonna grow in the next few weeks.   Frankly, I have a feeling we'll be one of his final 5 schools listed whenever he trims it down.

Get him on campus and the staff shall do their "thang!"