Katin Reinhardt - G - Mater Dei - San Juan Capistrano, CA - UNLV

• 170 replies
Re: Katin Reinhardt - G - Mater Dei - San Juan Capistrano, CA
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2011, 08:01:06 PM »
ESPN Insider said some are calling him 'the next Jimmer' and he is quoted as saying his recruitment is 'wide open'.

I read a few days ago that Dave Rice told Katin that he would use him like Jimmer.  That could just be recruiting b.s. though. 

So in other words, he said "the team is yours, shoot from wherever and whenever you want." That worked for Bob Leckie when he recruited Keydren Clark

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2011, 08:17:58 PM »
That is how I interpret it as well. I mean let's get real, If a coach told me that, I'd sign in a second. BS or no BS.

MCNPA

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2011, 09:11:45 PM »
Just a hunch, but I think we're in a LOT better shape with this kid than people might think.  We're not late at all. 

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2011, 09:38:55 PM »
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011/jul/22/unlv-target-katin-reinhardt-impresses-072211/

"He compared me to Jimmer Fredette a lot," Reinhardt said, referring to Rice's former star pupil at BYU. "How he let him play is how he'll let me play. That freedom, being able to do that stuff, that's what I look at. Look where Jimmer got. He went to the NBA as a lottery pick. So if you could get that kind of coach to be behind you 100 percent, that's everything you could ask for."

MCNPA

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2011, 09:50:29 PM »
Only problem is that there are very few Jimmer Fredette's.  Duke has recruited Jimmer Fredette's for the past 30+ years and still hasn't landed a Jimmer Fredette.  Coaches promise the world but rarely deliver in that capacity. 

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2011, 10:41:26 AM »
If we're only comparing him to white players, I like the Devo comparison but I remember Devo's shot being a little flatter; maybe Chase Budinger with less hops is a good comparison.

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2011, 11:30:44 AM »
Only problem is that there are very few Jimmer Fredette's.  Duke has recruited Jimmer Fredette's for the past 30+ years and still hasn't landed a Jimmer Fredette.  Coaches promise the world but rarely deliver in that capacity. 

Duke has had better players than Jimmer Fredette. 

Moose

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2011, 11:36:31 AM »
If we're only comparing him to white players, I like the Devo comparison but I remember Devo's shot being a little flatter; maybe Chase Budinger with less hops is a good comparison.

But wasn't Chase like 6'8?  It's easier to compare Devo than Chase IMO.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2011, 01:03:32 PM »
i dont see buddinger. I really do see jimmer. His crossover and his jumper.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2011, 02:02:59 PM »

He was. I think there are better comparisons, but they have more melanin. Also, I thought (personally) that Devo looked like an athlete with no clue what he was doing half the time.

Marillac

« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2011, 06:34:34 PM »

He was. I think there are better comparisons, but they have more melanin. Also, I thought (personally) that Devo looked like an athlete with no clue what he was doing half the time.

Irrespective of color, I see Devo all over this kid.  Both are very athletic, good jumpers, nice crossovers, FLASHY....

LJSA

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2011, 06:58:15 PM »
I haven't watched any video yet, but I'll go ahead and compare him to Chris Herren anyway. Someone let me know if I'm close...

Marillac

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2011, 09:15:18 PM »
I haven't watched any video yet, but I'll go ahead and compare him to Chris Herren anyway. Someone let me know if I'm close...

LOL

crgreen

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2011, 09:52:40 PM »

Duke has had better players than Jimmer Fredette.

Yes, they got the even higher rated (than Katin) Taylor King from the same High School.  :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 10:01:56 PM by crgreen »

MCNPA

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2011, 10:00:08 PM »
Duke hasn't had a lot of guards in general that are much better, but to be more specific white guards better than Jimmer.  Dude won the Naismith award for the best player in college basketball.  I wouldn't say they have had a LOT better than him.  As far as college guards go, Jimmer was top notch and his numbers I am sure could compare with most that Duke has put out.  In addition, he often did it through double-teams unlike any player at Duke.  No doubt they have had their share of excellent PG's, but Jimmer is up there with the better ones that Duke has put out.

gman

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2011, 11:02:55 PM »
i dont see buddinger. I really do see jimmer. His crossover and his jumper.

Chase was a hell of an athlete and an elite level volley ball player. 

LJSA

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2011, 11:04:33 PM »
Yes, they got the even higher rated (than Katin) Taylor King from the same High School.  :)

Hopefully Taylor's dealer stopped hanging around the schoolyard and corrupting good basketball players.  ;D

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2011, 11:29:07 PM »
Duke hasn't had a lot of guards in general that are much better, but to be more specific white guards better than Jimmer.  Dude won the Naismith award for the best player in college basketball.  I wouldn't say they have had a LOT better than him.  As far as college guards go, Jimmer was top notch and his numbers I am sure could compare with most that Duke has put out.  In addition, he often did it through double-teams unlike any player at Duke.  No doubt they have had their share of excellent PG's, but Jimmer is up there with the better ones that Duke has put out.
Have to agree with you. With Directv got the Mountain West Network and became a hugh Jimmer fan. He became the Tim Tebow of college hoops. Was treated like a rock star and was a very exciting college player.

MCNPA

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2011, 11:40:00 PM »
Have to agree with you. With Directv got the Mountain West Network and became a hugh Jimmer fan. He became the Tim Tebow of college hoops. Was treated like a rock star and was a very exciting college player.

To make it more clear, SJU who was pretty good last year with Dwight hardy scores 71pts vs Gonzaga in the NCAA's.  Jimmer scored 35 against Gonzaga on his own.  The kid was a really good college ball player.

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2011, 12:08:16 PM »

To make it more clear, SJU who was pretty good last year with Dwight hardy scores 71pts vs Gonzaga in the NCAA's.  Jimmer scored 35 against Gonzaga on his own.  The kid was a really good college ball player.

Its amazing how some High School recruits are missed or just looked over. I believe Fredette was only recruited by BYU and Siena