Katin Reinhardt - G - Mater Dei - San Juan Capistrano, CA - UNLV

• 170 replies
Re: Katin Reinhardt - G - Mater Dei - San Juan Capistrano, CA
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2011, 02:51:37 PM »
Also looks like he can really shoot which is something you can always use more of.

No doubt about it!  Always a premium on shooters.  Even moreso, with a guy who is capable of creating his own shot.
MJ - even Durantula is giving him props.  His head's gonna swell!

LOL  I guess Durantula maybe attempting to help out Texas.  I do believe we'll end up in his final 5 and possibly, get him on campus later this month. 

Gumby

« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2011, 03:00:58 PM »
So the keys here are to make Katin's final 5 list, which I believe we will make, and then have him on campus in mid to late August.

I liked Dan's article on Katin.  It highlighted the type of game (upbeat and pushing the ball) Katin wants to be involved with.  Who will have a more upbeat tempo that us in the next few years?

« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2011, 05:37:58 PM »
So the keys here are to make Katin's final 5 list, which I believe we will make, and then have him on campus in mid to late August.

I liked Dan's article on Katin.  It highlighted the type of game (upbeat and pushing the ball) Katin wants to be involved with.  Who will have a more upbeat tempo that us in the next few years?
That's the ultimate rhetorical question.  One that we all love the answer to!

MCNPA

« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2011, 06:11:50 PM »
Also looks like he can really shoot which is something you can always use more of.

No doubt about it!  Always a premium on shooters.  Even moreso, with a guy who is capable of creating his own shot.
MJ - even Durantula is giving him props.  His head's gonna swell!

LOL  I guess Durantula maybe attempting to help out Texas.  I do believe we'll end up in his final 5 and possibly, get him on campus later this month.

If a NBA player and Booster like Durant is using twitter to convince him to go to Texas, it's probably a pretty big and public violation.  Even regular fans and boosters are not supposed to be using twitter for that purpose. 

Poison

« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2011, 06:47:34 PM »
Sounds like a great plan to me. Katin, go to Texas, average 30 points per game, and then become an NBA lottery pick. What's wrong with that?

« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2011, 08:11:46 PM »
Pretty sure Durant knows a couple of our incoming recruits as well though. Lindsey and Garrett come to mind.

« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2011, 09:25:32 PM »
I have a strange/good feeling this kid will be like the Pointer recruitment.  Sort of came out of nowhere, we never thought SJU was his leader, we were recruiting Harkless/Garrett/Sampson so he did not look like a need recruit and then BAM he verbals.

And now we love it.

Marillac

« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2011, 02:34:09 AM »
Didn't see it posted, but MCN referenced that Katin and Gathers are cool now...so I looked at twitter and saw that they exchanged cell phone #'s the same day Gathers committed and Katin tweeted that he was going to the gym to get jacked like his "bro" Gathers.  Hopefully Norvelle, Gathers, and some other current Johnnies can stay in Katin's ear.

It's great that we have the kind of players that other guys want to play with.  I always felt that current and former players were the best recruiters for a program--especially in the era of the mega-teams being formed in the NBA. 

MCNPA

« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2011, 02:56:03 AM »
Didn't see it posted, but MCN referenced that Katin and Gathers are cool now...so I looked at twitter and saw that they exchanged cell phone #'s the same day Gathers committed and Katin tweeted that he was going to the gym to get jacked like his "bro" Gathers.  Hopefully Norvelle, Gathers, and some other current Johnnies can stay in Katin's ear.

It's great that we have the kind of players that other guys want to play with.  I always felt that current and former players were the best recruiters for a program--especially in the era of the mega-teams being formed in the NBA.

Those connections are why I think we have a good shot at Katin.  The fact that these kids recruit each other seems to be a signature Lavin thing as well.  When putting together our 2011 class, Lavin made great effort to connect all these players together socially and keep them involved not only with the coaches, but with each other.  Lavin tries to foster that team/family vibe amongst them and it seems to really work.  For most teams, kids meet each other only when they get to campus.  For SJU, laving got these kids meeting at is8, Even staying together at Rise academy as they finish schooling.  It's great what is going on and how it's being done.  Hopefully we'll add Katinmto the roster.  Really like his game a lot, and love having a deadly shooter on board.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 02:56:56 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2011, 08:54:36 AM »

Those connections are why I think we have a good shot at Katin.  The fact that these kids recruit each other seems to be a signature Lavin thing as well.  When putting together our 2011 class, Lavin made great effort to connect all these players together socially and keep them involved not only with the coaches, but with each other.  Lavin tries to foster that team/family vibe amongst them and it seems to really work.  For most teams, kids meet each other only when they get to campus.  For SJU, laving got these kids meeting at is8, Even staying together at Rise academy as they finish schooling.  It's great what is going on and how it's being done.  Hopefully we'll add Katinmto the roster.  Really like his game a lot, and love having a deadly shooter on board.

Deadly shooter II...Harrison will be Deadly shooter #1. LOL

Nice time to be a SJU fan...A decade of Jarvis and Norm debacles is fading away fast, though never fast enough

« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2011, 11:32:16 AM »
Looks like he will visit UNLV this week.

Parents take a trip to Vegas every summer and he may use it to stop by the campus.  Makes sense:

http://coast2coastrecruiting.net/2011/08/katin-reinhardt-likely-to-visit-unlv-this-week/

Gumby

« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2011, 12:09:05 PM »
I hope Katin and his parents also decide to visit his grand parents in NJ this summer, with a side trip to Queens.

« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2011, 12:34:22 PM »
I hope Katin and his parents also decide to visit his grand parents in NJ this summer, with a side trip to Queens.
He said he was going to try to take an unofficial, so it's probably as you've laid it out

« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2011, 02:30:10 PM »

MCNPA

« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2011, 12:51:40 AM »
Katin to visit 3 schools in august per scout but I don't have subscription.  Guessing unlv, SJU and ncsu??

« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2011, 01:41:50 AM »
Katin to visit 3 schools in august per scout but I don't have subscription.  Guessing unlv, SJU and ncsu??
No. UNLV , Texas and Baylor.

« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2011, 08:27:46 AM »
He has family in Vegas and in Texas.  He is going to visit them this month so he will try to stop by those 3 schools when he does.

« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2011, 12:59:52 PM »
That is how I interpret it as well. I mean let's get real, If a coach told me that, I'd sign in a second. BS or no BS.

I wouldn't, I'd see a coach who was either soo desperate to get me that he was willing to fork on the court control over to a freshman, or a coach who was just lying right through his teeth to get me there.

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2011, 01:02:07 PM »
Duke hasn't had a lot of guards in general that are much better, but to be more specific white guards better than Jimmer.  Dude won the Naismith award for the best player in college basketball.  I wouldn't say they have had a LOT better than him.  As far as college guards go, Jimmer was top notch and his numbers I am sure could compare with most that Duke has put out.  In addition, he often did it through double-teams unlike any player at Duke.  No doubt they have had their share of excellent PG's, but Jimmer is up there with the better ones that Duke has put out.

Jimmer doesn't have dick on JJ Redick, in my opinion.