Anthony Bennett - C - Findlay Prep - Las Vegas, NV - UNLV

• 55 replies
Re: Anthony Bennett - C - Findlay Prep - Las Vegas, NV
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2012, 03:10:36 PM »
Harrow kills Teague in practice. Teague will most likely leave.

Interesting insight Dave. So Cal has already reloaded or at least believes he has more than CRGreen does.  Oh and CRGreen, you should have put the whole list of Cal PG's, Teague, Brandon Knight, John Wall, Tyreke Evans, Derrick Rose.  Cal's MO is clear. 

crgreen

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2012, 07:18:44 PM »

Interesting insight Dave. So Cal has already reloaded or at least believes he has more than CRGreen does.  Oh and CRGreen, you should have put the whole list of Cal PG's, Teague, Brandon Knight, John Wall, Tyreke Evans, Derrick Rose.  Cal's MO is clear.

My bad on Knight.  I actually just plain forgot him.  Heck in my mind, the REAL Knight spelled Brandin with an "i", and played 4 years for Ben Howland at Pitt :).    I didn't include the others cause I was  limiting it to Cal at Kentucky.

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2012, 07:47:19 PM »

My bad on Knight.  I actually just plain forgot him.  Heck in my mind, the REAL Knight spelled Brandin with an "i", and played 4 years for Ben Howland at Pitt :).    I didn't include the others cause I was  limiting it to Cal at Kentucky.

Yeah, but looking at Memphis and his last 5 pg's and it's pretty amazing.

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2012, 11:02:54 PM »
I don't think Bennett is thinking about SJU.  Why are we talking about him here?  When I check-in at johnnyjungle I am always hoping to get some hot new news and I keep clicking on the Bennett thread thinking I am going to get some SJU news!

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2012, 11:07:03 PM »
Ya hopefully coach gets a commitment with all this money hes spending flying around the world.

paultzman

Anthony Bennett
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2012, 05:17:38 PM »
“@EvanDanielscout: http://t.co/sB2SVY8q's highest rated available prospect Anthony Bennett just verbally pledged to UNLV.”

good for UNLV! Kid is a horse!

Re: Anthony Bennett
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2012, 05:35:47 PM »
UNLV is going to be pretty damn good over the next few years

crgreen

Re: Anthony Bennett
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2012, 06:56:33 PM »
UNLV is going to be pretty damn good over the next few years

Bennett and returnee Mike Moser (14.0 pts 10.5 rebs) give them one of the best forward tandems in the country.

paultzman

Re: Anthony Bennett - C - Findlay Prep - Las Vegas, NV - UNLV
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2012, 12:02:41 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Newly minted UNLV commit Anthony Bennett will play with the NY Panthers at IS8 this weekend in Queens, sources told @SNYtv”

Moose

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2012, 12:12:18 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Newly minted UNLV commit Anthony Bennett will play with the NY Panthers at IS8 this weekend in Queens, sources told @SNYtv”

Panther's revival
Remember who broke the Slice news

Marillac

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2012, 01:50:34 AM »

I am in CR's corner on this one...perhaps for different reasons.  Kentucky will not be in the same stratosphere as they have been the last three years.  This recruiting class is not the typical CALiber.  There is no #1 PG like CR mentioned and I also don't buy into this whole Nerlens Noel hooplah.  Anthony Davis was simply on another level.  I think most damning for Kentucky this year is the lack of experience they return.  For the first time in four years there is no Darius Miller (a kid that played 21-31 mpg for four years), there are no upperclassman NBA players like Deandre Liggins or Josh Harrellson, and no super sophs like Teague, Lamb, and Jones.  They bring back a redshirt soph, Harrow, and soph that played less than 10 mpg, Wiltjer.  Harrow is uber talented for sure, but my friend that is an NC State alum told me that Harrow is a sissy rich kid that talks like Urquel. 

I don't think Bennett would have made too much of a difference.  The good thing for Kentucky is a off year for them under Cal still gives them a chance for a  25 team and a trip to the tournament.  I said it before and I'm sticking to it, I think we'll be better.  I think that gap will grow next year as well.   

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2012, 08:03:16 AM »
Harrow is uber talented for sure, but my friend that is an NC State alum told me that Harrow is a sissy rich kid that talks like Urquel. 

Why isn't he playing for Duke?

Marillac

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2012, 11:16:20 PM »
Harrow is uber talented for sure, but my friend that is an NC State alum told me that Harrow is a sissy rich kid that talks like Urquel. 

Why isn't he playing for Duke?

LOL that was awesome....

paultzman

« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2012, 02:35:39 PM »
Good news for UNLV, big time player IMO.

“@ryanmgreene: #UNLV head coach Dave Rice has confirmed that top 2012 recruit Anthony Bennett has been cleared by the NCAA.”

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2012, 03:07:28 PM »
Good news for UNLV, big time player IMO.

“@ryanmgreene: #UNLV head coach Dave Rice has confirmed that top 2012 recruit Anthony Bennett has been cleared by the NCAA.”

What about Goodman???

jr49

« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2012, 03:40:18 PM »
Ya hopefully coach gets a commitment with all this money hes spending flying around the world.
Mr. B, ya really concerned about how much coach L. spends? Me, I'm glad he's our coach, and him and the Misses have a ton of fun.