Felix Balamou - SG - Our Savior New American - Centerreach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 344 replies
If he turns into a Paris Horne type player, I think everyone on this board will be thrilled. 

Chilleb

What's the census, is he better or worse than Phil Greene coming in?

paultzman

What's the census, is he better or worse than Phil Greene coming in?

Shade less IMO

Phil Greene is not a point guard and when Branch comes in I think we will see more good stuff from Greene. I feel he is way better coming off the ball.

Thanks for the links Chill.   And thanks for the breakdown Mase.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

paultzman

:) At least they like each other.

“@christopherewao: " S/O to my bro Felix on committing to St.Johns"”

Moose

They are very close.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

They are very close.
So are we at least close to a lock for obekpa at this point?

Chilleb

ill tell you the real gem over at OSNA is danny green's little brother he is an 8th grader getting major minutes on the varsity over there.

From Zags - Balamou announced on his Facebook page and is the Johnnies first commitment for the Class of 2012. West Virginia, Oregon, Virginia Tech and UConn were also involved with Balamou, a native of Guinea.

I like that he picked us over these other schools (which are not slouches).

He is his own MAN.

Look forward to seeing HIM.

Let Obekpa go where he wants. 

This guy will be good.  Y'all be bashing Phil Greene and he turned out to be a nice addition.  So don't be hatin' on him

Poison

From Zags - Balamou announced on his Facebook page and is the Johnnies first commitment for the Class of 2012. West Virginia, Oregon, Virginia Tech and UConn were also involved with Balamou, a native of Guinea.

He is his own MAN.

This guy will be good.  Y'all be bashing Phil Greene and he turned out to be a nice addition.  So don't be hatin' on him

I don't think anyone is "hatin" on Felix. This team needs shooting and size. He can help in other areas, but those areas aren't immediate or dire needs. As long the class rounds out, and we get what we are missing, this appears to be a nice addition. IMOP, we need 3 big men, and a dead eye shooter. Maybe we could do 2 and 2, if one of the big men can shoot the ball.

DFF6

He is his own MAN.

While I would have expressed the above sentiment differently, I agree that Felix is a good pickup, irrespective of whether Obekpa comes here or not.   
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 04:14:25 PM by DFF6 »

redslope

Great to hear he is academically qualified.  He can get a jump start by being on campus for summer school.  from all I have read and seen here, he seems to fit the mold of the type of player coach is looking for. 

welcome aboard Felix

MCNPA

Very good pickup for us for a few reasons:

1) fantastic athlete.  Elite, which is the style of team we're building.

2) we need capable bodies badly, and he is capable and not a reach.

3) he's good buddies with Obekpa

4). Fantastic lateral quickness.  Better anybody we currently have and has means to be excellent defender.

5) capable slasher and scorer

6) Academically qualified.

Nice looking prospect that fits our mold.  Wil be used to press and disrupt
on the court.  Main negative is thathe needs to get a lot more comfortable with his offense on the perimeter.  Overall a kid who is probably better than he gets credit for and has quIte a bit of upside. Good pickup both for depth athleticism and hopefully Obekpa as well which I think is a mere formality at this point now.

ill tell you the real gem over at OSNA is danny green's little brother he is an 8th grader getting major minutes on the varsity over there.

Yup though its early he is on our radar

They are very close.

Can anyone interpret what Chris tweeted after that? Someone asked him about St. John's and for the life of me I can't figure out what he's saying.

Moose

They are very close.

Can anyone interpret what Chris tweeted after that? Someone asked him about St. John's and for the life of me I can't figure out what he's saying.

I have no clue either.
But whoever that girl was, she is STJ bound supposedly and basketball player.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Happy

We agree on something!!!  That kid can play.. Long island got some pretty good young kids coming up

They are very close.

I have no clue either.
But whoever that girl was, she is STJ bound supposedly and basketball player.

Seems like she's from Nigeria as well.

Chilleb

They are very close.

i read the same thing and im not sure if its a african dialect or something but it didnt seem promising at all
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 05:09:13 PM by Chilleb »