Felix Balamou - SG - Our Savior New American - Centerreach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 344 replies

Poison

How good is Felix? Who's game does his resemble?

Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria
now

Tom Konchalski on Felix Balamou: "He possesses more hops than Heineken." #stjbb

Chilleb

Nice piece not upset with this. Especially since we're looking to land 3 to 4 more guys and if Felix is the last guy out of a 4 to 5 man class I'm satisfied. He's athletic and plays great defense. OSNA plays a national schedule and aside from obekpa Felix IS the main point of offense against top tier competition. He jumps out the gym and has a great attitude. However is this commit making moe wanna run back to school?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 01:49:55 PM by Chilleb »

Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria
now

Tom Konchalski on Felix Balamou: "He possesses more hops than Heineken." #stjbb
Konchalski had to go with one of the known big boys, but anything has more hops than Heineken  ::)  If he said Tupper's Hop Pocket, then we'd be talking -  :2funny:

Chilleb

He's got a bunch of games on YouTube guys If you wanna check him out. "thebasketballdiary " Is a good guy to subscribe too he's got a lot of our targets games. His most recent game on the net he matched up with the kid headed to temple  quinton decosey I believe his name is pretty well while obekpa matched up against Karl towns.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 01:49:08 PM by Chilleb »

Marillac

How good is Felix? Who's game does his resemble?

He kind of reminds me of Cedric Jackson, but not as good with 50/50's and boards just yet.  I think he has all the makings a defensive stopper and athletic menace in the Paris Horne and CJac mold.

He's further along offensively than many have given him credit for.  This a good pickup.  He can grow in the system behind some real nice guards and make our guys work for everything in practice. 

Lavin and Dunlap want a running team and this kid a piece to that puzzle.  Not everyone has to be a top 50 recruit.

A 6-2 SG but he is in the mold of Paris Horne I will take that type of player anyday of the week
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

“He has soft hands. He’s not a 3-point scorer but that doesn’t mean he can’t become one. He has a fairly soft touch. He can stop on a dime and can really elevate into his jump shot. He’s certainly a Big East athlete.” TK

paultzman

FWIW

“@TheRecruitScoop: Felix Balamou is a huge pickup for St. John's. He is an underrated, athletic and bouncy scoring machine. He reminds me of Jevon Thomas.”

boo3

Nice!   Now we can get this ball rolling.  Hope Felix is working on Chris.

paultzman

He is eligible, according to his coach.

Nice piece of news.  The ball will start rolling.

Poison

He is eligible, according to his coach.

great to hear.

DFF6

Great news! Welcome Felix! 

I was told the possible extra prep year he was thinking about doing was more about improving his game then about academics.

But he really started to get noticed this winter and decided he was ready now.

Welcome aboard Felix....anyone see highlight videos of him?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Welcome aboard Felix....anyone see highlight videos of him?

Type in OSNA vs St rays on youtube and their is a full game clip. Hes is 23 in blue.

I just watched the whole game heres a few notes:
-excellent around the rim and able to finish strong with both hands.
-very quick and athletic with a great burst
-In the half court his handle seems very strong
-He showed a few real nice passes on the break
-Good at using screens (mostly from Opekba) and finding the whole
-missed both free throws, not great looking touch and form
-His outside jumpers (missed 2) were below average form but he gets great elevation
-long arms.

I think he has a ton of potential and is a player that we don't really have on the roster.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.