Felix Balamou - SG - Our Savior New American - Centerreach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 344 replies
http://www.thebasketballdiary.com/2012/06/felix-balamou-going-to-work-at-2012.html

DAMN!  the more i see of this kid, the more i like him. freakish athlete.  he'll be a terror on defense.  he also has nice form on his jumpers, with enough reps he can hit it with some consistency.  with the addition of some muscle he can be very good for us.

http://www.thebasketballdiary.com/2012/06/felix-balamou-going-to-work-at-2012.html

DAMN!  the more i see of this kid, the more i like him. freakish athlete.  he'll be a terror on defense.  he also has nice form on his jumpers, with enough reps he can hit it with some consistency.  with the addition of some muscle he can be very good for us.

Looking forward greatly to see Felix play, but I thought defense was not a plus yet ?
Molloy '71

Moose

Looking forward greatly to see Felix play, but I thought defense was not a plus yet ?

He takes risks.  Some here have commented that they are not a fan of that risk taking.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

Technically not great man defender now.  Amazingly fast off the ball though for steals.  With coaching, I think he'll turn out to be an excellent defender.  Like all HS kids, needs to learn than that one of the most important Factors in winning games at the next level is stopping your man, not just scoring. 

lihoop

Re: Felix Balamou - SG - Our Savior New American - Centerreach, NY - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #325 on: November 23, 2012, 12:33:00 AM »
by the time he's a junior here he's gonna be dominating

sju89tr

« Reply #326 on: November 23, 2012, 09:50:44 AM »
I was wrong about Felix, he can play and is definitely not a wasted scholarship. He works hard and really is a great kid. He will be a solid player for us during his 4 years. 

Poison

« Reply #327 on: November 23, 2012, 10:01:06 AM »
I was wrong about Felix, he can play and is definitely not a wasted scholarship. He works hard and really is a great kid. He will be a solid player for us during his 4 years. 

Won't he be leaving for the NBA like the rest of the team?

« Reply #328 on: November 23, 2012, 07:59:33 PM »
Is his style similar to Paris Horn?  Have not seen him play.

Moose

« Reply #329 on: November 23, 2012, 08:02:19 PM »

When I saw him in March at the Port Chester CYP Tournament I compared him to Horne and said I liked his game more than that.  In Marillac fashion allow me to pat myself on the back ;)

Tiznow

« Reply #330 on: November 25, 2012, 05:32:53 PM »

When I saw him in March at the Port Chester CYP Tournament I compared him to Horne and said I liked his game more than that.  In Marillac fashion allow me to pat myself on the back ;)

Moose - you did give the board a real positive review back then, but Tom K beat you to it with a prophetic and fitting remark.

- Tom Konchalski on Felix Balamou: "He possesses more hops than Heineken."

Moose

« Reply #331 on: November 25, 2012, 06:06:59 PM »

Moose - you did give the board a real positive review back then, but Tom K beat you to it with a prophetic and fitting remark.

I like Heineken :)

sju89tr

« Reply #332 on: November 26, 2012, 09:06:10 AM »

I like Heineken :)

I know :)

« Reply #333 on: November 26, 2012, 09:53:05 AM »
i see more dwayne wade than paris horne.  hops, instincts and just scratching the surface.

Poison

« Reply #334 on: November 26, 2012, 10:09:42 AM »
i see more dwayne wade than paris horne.  hops, instincts and just scratching the surface.

Can he shoot it?

Moose

« Reply #335 on: November 26, 2012, 10:10:36 AM »

Yes lets compare him to one of the Top 10 players in the NBA

« Reply #336 on: November 26, 2012, 10:12:19 AM »
How else can we then become disappointed :P

« Reply #337 on: November 26, 2012, 10:17:43 AM »
Felix reminds me of Victor Oladipo from Indiana.  Both have tremendous upside.

« Reply #338 on: November 26, 2012, 12:55:29 PM »
Felix reminds me of Victor Oladipo from Indiana.  Both have tremendous upside.

+1 thought the same.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

crgreen

« Reply #339 on: November 26, 2012, 02:27:09 PM »

Yes lets compare him to one of the Top 10 players in the NBA

Wow - I felt he was comparing him to an overlooked and  Unranked  kid out of Chicago (he was ranked as the 7th best player in Illinois - not bad, but not good enuf to crack any top 100 lists), who had to redshirt for academic reasons at Marquette his freshman year....And who did become a 17 pt scorer as a SECOND year collegian.

And yes, I see the similarity to THAT kid.