Norm on the WFAN

• 38 replies
Norm on the WFAN
« on: December 05, 2007, 02:51:50 PM »
I caught the tail end of the interview but after he was off...mad dog said we had Pecora who we love and Norm on who has been doing a good job.

Perhaps I am reading into this a bit but I thought this shows their opinion of St. John's. Also Mike has been going to Hofstra this semester for classes giving speeches and such....why isn't he doing this at St. John's? I know Hofstra has a very good communications program but you would think he would do this at his alma matter.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

Re: Norm on the WFAN
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 02:53:53 PM »
Becauase Fatcessa is one of the biggest a$$holes in the tri state area...

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 04:06:53 PM »
he probably went where he was offered. 

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 04:33:39 PM »

Finally something we AGREE on pmg.. ;D .. Fatcessa is a SLOB who does nothing but bash his "beloved" alma-mater... the funny thing is a VERY reliable source told me that chubby actually put in a "good word" for Norm & that was one of the MAIN reasons he got the job over "the carolina doughboy".. :P .. Don't know why but FH loves that BLIMP!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 04:35:58 PM »
he probably went where he was offered. 

I don't disagree with you here and I think St. John's should do a bit of ass kissing to him if necessary because he could be a huge asset

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 05:33:15 PM »
im in the hofstra school of comm and i havent heard of mike coming in to speak to any class so im not sure what he was talking about. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 07:06:23 PM »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 08:06:34 PM »
This was a very good interview definitely the best I've heard from Norm in a long time. Doing the radio show for Johnny Jungle, I've been learning how difficult it is doing it and as much as I don't agree with Mike and the Mad dog sometimes, they are a good tandem.

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 08:14:46 PM »

Finally something we AGREE on pmg.. ;D .. Fatcessa is a SLOB who does nothing but bash his "beloved" alma-mater... the funny thing is a VERY reliable source told me that chubby actually put in a "good word" for Norm & that was one of the MAIN reasons he got the job over "the carolina doughboy".. :P .. Don't know why but FH loves that BLIMP!

you dont get it, do you? why does everybody who graduates from SJU have to be a homer? francessa has a job to do and if he feels like sju is going in the wrong direction than his obligation as a member of the media is to express his true views.  if he goes on the show everyday (like you do on this board) and says that norm and sju can do no wrong (like you do) than he will have zero credibility (like you do). WFAN pays him not SJU. 

oh, and tom pecora is more charismatic than norm is.  ive been into a good number of press conferences for both SJU and hofstra and i can tell you that pecora is more engaging.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 11:00:34 PM »
i just finished listening to the interview on mike and the mad dog.  while neither of them know basketball (current basketball) very well, they did a good job with the interview.  they didn't float any softballs to him and they covered a lot of bases and pushed him to set a tangible goal for this years team, which is big.  also, mike STOOD UP for norm a bit when they were talking about the mess that the program was in when jarvis left.  all in all, i thought they did a good job.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 10:01:24 AM »

you dont get it, do you? why does everybody who graduates from SJU have to be a homer? francessa has a job to do and if he feels like sju is going in the wrong direction than his obligation as a member of the media is to express his true views.  if he goes on the show everyday (like you do on this board) and says that norm and sju can do no wrong (like you do) than he will have zero credibility (like you do). WFAN pays him not SJU. 

oh, and tom pecora is more charismatic than norm is.  ive been into a good number of press conferences for both SJU and hofstra and i can tell you that pecora is more engaging.

The only one on this board who doesn't "get it" & has "zero credibility" is u "rutgersfan"... Seriously, who do u think ur kidding son?... Isn't it time for u to start another BOGUS rumor concerning one of our players... or better yet are u going to tell us how DJ "has no left" again..  ;D ... Francessa is a fat piece of sh*t who has done nothing but BASH the program on his tired old radio show. Yet he was strangely QUIET while he & every other clown in the NY "media" watched Jarvis slowly but surely destroy the SJU program. Only when the "Fire Jarvis" chants could be heard from miles away did he & the rest of the bozos/writers in this town finally call that fraud out..  ::) .. btw - I could care LESS if that greaseball Pecora is "more engaging"(lol) than Norm junior... like i said, he has done very little at Hofstra but beat us a few times while our program was still digging out from the rubble caused by the previous regime... other than that he has done absolutely NOTHING there..  :P .. yawn.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 10:30:05 AM by oldred10 »

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 11:36:10 AM »
is it francessa's job to hype the SJU program? sju has been to one big east tournament in the last 4 years, so what do you expect him to say?

those "rumors" that i "started" on this board were all over new york city and i hardly "started" them, pops.  why don't you actually go out into the city, get to know some of the high school and aau coaches and talk to them to get some non-biased insight into what's going on. i'll be at baruch college all this weekend watching and talking to people that actually know something about recruiting and the way that SJU operates in recruiting while you'll be looking through those glass doors at taffner to see if rob thomas can take a cr*p properly or not and then coming on here pretending you know what SJU's reputation around the city is.

i mixed up DJ's hands, sue me.  i still believe that the kid should not be running point for sju and a few of the insiders from around the city that have seen him agree.

pmg911

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 03:42:23 PM »

why don't you actually go out into the city, get to know some of the high school and aau coaches and talk to them to get some non-biased insight into what's going on. i'll be at baruch college all this weekend watching and talking to people that actually know something about recruiting and the way that SJU operates in recruiting while you'll be looking through those glass doors at taffner to see if rob thomas can take a cr*p properly  

JJ - this might be front page quote material...

BRAVO johnniesfan1127

Tha Kid

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 10:51:29 PM »
i mixed up DJ's hands, sue me.  i still believe that the kid should not be running point for sju and a few of the insiders from around the city that have seen him agree.

bro....the kid absolutely shouldnt be "running the point" but his handle is more than adequate to bring it up on the fast break, and I hope he continues to take it coast to coast, or board and make a pass at the foul line ANY day.  Running is good and his handle is certainly good enough to push the ball, just like Paris.  His handle is also good enough to drive and weave through traffic on the half court set.  But yes, he doesnt have a PG handle...dont really remember anyone saying he did.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 11:40:58 PM »
I agree with ya kid

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 12:26:20 AM »

bro....the kid absolutely shouldnt be "running the point" but his handle is more than adequate to bring it up on the fast break, and I hope he continues to take it coast to coast, or board and make a pass at the foul line ANY day.  Running is good and his handle is certainly good enough to push the ball, just like Paris.  His handle is also good enough to drive and weave through traffic on the half court set.  But yes, he doesnt have a PG handle...dont really remember anyone saying he did.

oldred did. i disagree with you on a few things but i see where you're coming from.

Tha Kid

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2007, 12:42:40 AM »
fair enough...what do you disagree on, you dont think DJ should even be pushing it up himself?  If not, what do you think about when paris brings it up on the break?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2007, 01:02:22 PM »
After listening to the interview there were alot of questions left unasked.

Mike and Chris have no clue about what is going on at St. Johns.  They didnt even know what season Norm was in. 

Most of the questions were softballs.  Norm did do a great job pitching the team and his status.  He said all the right things as usual and is a nice guy.  He probably employed this same strategy to help land this job.

Some questions to ask

The lost of QC, dont you think we could have used a returning front court player?

Why dont we schedule more local games?

Recruits for next year, WHERE ARE THEY?

Talked about how the academic standards are better, he recruited Kitchen who couldnt even make it here. 

I was on the Norm wagon for as long as I could.  I started to fall off after I made the crucial mistake of purchaing a ticket to the Maryland game last year.  This offseason with transfers, academically challenged players, and inadequate recruits has changed things.....

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2007, 02:09:42 PM »
fair enough...what do you disagree on, you dont think DJ should even be pushing it up himself?  If not, what do you think about when paris brings it up on the break?

i dont think dj should handle ball in traffic.  he's ok in the open court and i do like paris handling the ball because he's a better ball handler and more coordinated than dj is.

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2007, 02:12:11 PM »
I think you have to remember dj just turned 18 this kid is still so young. He will grow a lot in his time here.