Jamal Branch - PG - Texas A&M Transfer - ST. JOHN'S

• 270 replies
Re: Jamal Branch - Texas A&M Transfer
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2012, 01:34:24 PM »
Stoglin is really a shooting guard, Turgeon has moved him off the ball. Our only point guard right now is Pe'Shon Howard and while hes solid we desperately need someone else.

Whats your current status with Sam Cassell Jr and the Harrison twins?
My earlier post has some of this, but Terps are recruiting SC Jr a while now, but being a combo, my opinion is he may be weighing out whether or not he'll want to be with a high major team logging solid minutes (but possibly 6th or 7th man), because the Terps have another good combo coming in with Seth Allen (good shooting combo too, but is brushing up his handle so he can play PG at 6'3").  Cassell Jr is already 6'4" and more shooter than passer, so he could be viable at point, but I see him mainly a 2.  I would hope some of dad's high bball IQ would have rubbed off when talking about doing the little things.  Jr has picked it up some this season thus far.

Harrisons - totally open between UK and MD right now.  I pray every night for the Knicks to remain average, and for UK to win it all this season.  I have no doubt Cal wants to repair one of the 3 big blemishes on his record and get the NBA head coaching gig down pat.  Hard Card couldn't resist the 2nd time, I do not think Cal's ego can resist either.  Plus he'll get paid even more than UK - watch 8 Mil plus come rolling in from Dough-lan.  That being said, I see the twins going MD's way.  Under Armour has a shirt Coach Turgeon was wearing in practice which is apropos for SJ's as well: "I think they hear us coming."  If MD gets the twins after next season (which is "I know they hear us coming"), it'll be "We are here again - get used to it!"  I Love my teams in Red!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:34:49 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2012, 01:35:51 PM »
Jeff Goodman tweeted that his gut felling was that SJU would land Branch.  Take it for what it's worth.
Probably because I tweeted Goodman and Dan Martin about the Harrisons going UMD - lol  I would not be surprised with Goodman...

mkras99

« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2012, 01:42:06 PM »
Jeff Goodman tweeted that his gut felling was that SJU would land Branch.  Take it for what it's worth.
Probably because I tweeted Goodman and Dan Martin about the Harrisons going UMD - lol  I would not be surprised with Goodman...

More likely that he heard something from Branch's father or someone associated with Branch or St. John's.

« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2012, 01:44:47 PM »

More likely that he heard something from Branch's father or someone associated with Branch or St. John's.
Could be - Branch's father spoke already, but I'm not so sure Goodman would get anything out of him.  Could be SJ's.  But the boards would get more out than Goodman! lol There is a great bunch of resources on here getting it done on the info trail - I enjoy that aspect immensely!

« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2012, 01:57:15 PM »
Yo... '99 Sweet 16.
Who you root fo?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2012, 02:11:00 PM »
Yo... '99 Sweet 16.
Who you root fo?

thank god st johns won that game. The elite 8 game was the first game I ever saw st johns play. I was 9 years old and have been hooked ever since. And they lost the game!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:13:14 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2012, 02:14:38 PM »
Yo... '99 Sweet 16.
Who you root fo?

was it not elite 8?
was the first st johns game I ever watched.  was 9 years old. Been hooked ever since

It was the "Sweet 16."  I was at a sports bar that night.  A couple of people thought I was crazy (not really, as they were chuckling throughout the game) by how was acting.  A good, friend made a comment a few days before the game like we really didn't have a chance to win that game.  Let's say, he was with me that night and I was having a ball!  It made for some good laughs.   

« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2012, 02:23:15 PM »
Yo... '99 Sweet 16.
Who you root fo?
MD - season tix to MD games many years, including Stevie Franchize year '98-'99. I've already stated I will root for SJ's if they play in the tourney again.  I was a SJ's fan first - been 4 over 30 years my bball Shaman - lol
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:24:02 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2012, 02:26:38 PM »
jamal just tweeted this

Jamal Branch @JamazingBranch
27m
Really love the coaching staff here at SJ! The teaching from the coaches is phenomenal, they def know the game well!

« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2012, 02:34:26 PM »
Yo... '99 Sweet 16.
Who you root fo?
MD - season tix to MD games many years, including Stevie Franchize year '98-'99. I've already stated I will root for SJ's if they play in the tourney again.  I was a SJ's fan first - been 4 over 30 years my bball Shaman - lol

No matter. Y'all hearby declared an enemy of the state. You are on notice 'til further notice. If you violate terms of this notice, y'all will get a Steve Blake haircut.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2012, 02:43:02 PM »
Yo... '99 Sweet 16.
Who you root fo?

No matter. Y'all hearby declared an enemy of the state. You are on notice 'til further notice. If you violate terms of this notice, y'all will get a Steve Blake haircut.
lol.  What does that make Baldi? lmao  PS - Blake's haircut is perfect for playing the pesky hard-arse role off the bench!

« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2012, 02:58:13 PM »
@T_J_E_83 I'm on a visit to St Johns right now but it's out of St Johns and Maryland!

« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2012, 03:08:30 PM »
@T_J_E_83 I'm on a visit to St Johns right now but it's out of St Johns and Maryland!
Players love Coach Lavs and Turge! It's awesome!

« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2012, 03:53:35 PM »
Yo... '99 Sweet 16.
Who you root fo?

LOL Im the opposite. Rooted like hell for St. John's despite being just 9 at the time. Now its shifted big time to the Terps for me.

« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2012, 05:15:49 PM »
Yo... '99 Sweet 16.
Who you root fo?

LOL Im the opposite. Rooted like hell for St. John's despite being just 9 at the time. Now its shifted big time to the Terps for me.
Terps shifted for me to dual rooting (SJ's/MD) due to moving to DMV in '90 and having season tix many, many years.  Following St. John's the whole through thick and thin.  Diff Conf, usually no overlap, so it's been great.  I have the Beast channel for many years, it's awesome. 

BTW, Jamal to SJ's and twins to MD - so let it be written, so let it be done!

If you want meet up @ SJ's-GTown on 2/12 or any Terps games, DM me.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 05:21:41 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2012, 06:55:00 PM »
THIS MADE MY DAY!

Roger Rubin @RogRubeNYDN
19s
Per a source, former Texas A&M guard Jamal Branch agreed to accept St. John's scholarship offer. Picks it over AZ, UCLA, Marq, MD. #stjbb

« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2012, 06:55:53 PM »
THIS MADE MY DAY!

Roger Rubin @RogRubeNYDN
19s
Per a source, former Texas A&M guard Jamal Branch agreed to accept St. John's scholarship offer. Picks it over AZ, UCLA, Marq, MD. #stjbb

Maybe this will change our recent streak of bad luck.

« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2012, 06:56:15 PM »
THIS MADE MY DAY!

Roger Rubin @RogRubeNYDN
19s

Good stuff! Theres our PG!

Moose

« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2012, 06:56:34 PM »
May the floodgates open yet again.
Lets go!
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2012, 06:56:51 PM »
Wow this is great news!  Not only will he help a bunch next season but I think we will see a drastic improvement in Greene and D'angelo just having a very good guard to practice against for the remainder of the season.