Jamal Branch - PG - Texas A&M Transfer - ST. JOHN'S

• 270 replies

Poison

Re: Jamal Branch - Texas A&M Transfer
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 12:25:15 AM »
I wonder if he knows D'angelo from being in Texas and if playing in the backcourt with a fellow Texan is appealing to him.

I hope it is appealing.  If we can land Branch, the downside is that he can't start practicing with the team until after the first semester 2012, right?  Also, reading the Texas A&M boards, all of the fans are saying things like "good riddance quitter!"  Sound familiar?

It does, but did they give him the ball from day one? I think not.

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 12:41:35 AM »
hes a point guard!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 01:02:47 AM »
Second semester next year

And i think He could practice with us this spring right?
Also curious if anyone knows, would he be a freshmen for the second semester next year?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 01:07:38 AM »
I wonder if he knows D'angelo from being in Texas and if playing in the backcourt with a fellow Texan is appealing to him.

I hope it is appealing.  If we can land Branch, the downside is that he can't start practicing with the team until after the first semester 2012, right?  Also, reading the Texas A&M boards, all of the fans are saying things like "good riddance quitter!"  Sound familiar?
Unless rules have changed he can practice immediately but must sit out one year before being eligible to play in games. I am just afraid that if he verbally commits to us how long before he decommits? :(

LJSA

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 01:17:15 AM »

I'm hoping he comes here, and then we find out that he knows Cameron Ridley.

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 02:19:13 AM »

MCNPA

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 03:06:34 AM »

I'm hoping he comes here, and then we find out that he knows Cameron Ridley.

Don't know about Ridley, but his teammate at Grace Prep Emanuel Mudiay is the # 4 ranked prospect in the 2014 class...

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 03:26:37 AM »
Now if he comes here for the 2nd semester of this school year (Which starts January 18) will he be able to practice with the squad this year?  If so, that would be a HUGE boost for D'angelo and Phil being able to practice against a skilled guard.

MCNPA

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 03:26:59 AM »
Lenn Robbins reporting that Branch is close to verballing to SJU.

MCNPA

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 03:28:24 AM »
Now if he comes here for the 2nd semester of this school year (Which starts January 18) will he be able to practice with the squad this year?  If so, that would be a HUGE boost for D'angelo and Phil being able to practice against a skilled guard.

Yes, reporting that he would enroll right away and begin practicing right away.  Huge boost to have this kid practice with the team this season and be game-ready entering next year.  Huge boost is right.

sju89tr

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 08:35:15 AM »

Unless rules have changed he can practice immediately but must sit out one year before being eligible to play in games. I am just afraid that if he verbally commits to us how long before he decommits? :(

He would be at school immediately for THIS second semester

Foad

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012, 08:37:40 AM »

Exactly. Because if a kid - hell, he's not a kid he's nearly old enough to buy a six pack of beer, he's a MAN, if he were a kid he'd still be getting sodomized by Jerry Sandusky - so if a man transfers from SJ its because he's a woman, a nancy boy, a quitter, a coward, and a cancer. Whereas if a man transfers from A&M to SJ he must have had a valid reason, like he wasn't starting.

Poison

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2012, 08:49:08 AM »

Exactly. Because if a kid - hell, he's not a kid he's nearly old enough to buy a six pack of beer, he's a MAN, if he were a kid he'd still be getting sodomized by Jerry Sandusky - so if a man transfers from SJ its because he's a woman, a nancy boy, a quitter, a coward, and a cancer. Whereas if a man transfers from A&M to SJ he must have had a valid reason, like he wasn't starting.

I was kidding brainiac. If you read my posts more carefully, you'd know that I'm big believer of letting freshman sit on the bench for a full season. But well done. Good use of energy and time. Both of which, you clearly have a lot to spare.

Moose

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2012, 09:06:30 AM »
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2012, 09:16:13 AM »
Remember who broke the Slice news

Foad

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2012, 10:16:16 AM »
I was kidding brainiac. If you read my posts more carefully, you'd know that I'm big believer of letting freshman sit on the bench for a full season.

You were kidding when? When you said that Nuri was a woman? Or when you said that 19 year olds are fully formed human beings? Or when you said a couple of years ago that Omari Lawrence should be the starting PG? The problem is that you say so many stupid things seriously that when you say something stupid as a joke your many fans can't tell the difference. Which is don't you know why god invented smiley faces :knuppel2:

But well done. Good use of energy and time. Both of which, you clearly have a lot to spare.

You've posted on this board 5 thousand times. I'm about to reach 6 hundred. If one of us has time and energy to spare, who does the evidence suggest it is? Or was this one of those stupid things you said as a joke. See. it's confusing, like when Jerry Lewis made that movie about Auschwitz. On the one hand I wanted to laugh because I mean come on its Jerry Lewis. On the other hand the Holocaust was sort of sad and not even Lewis could put a good spin on it, although I've always wondered if the movie would have been more successful if they could jave gotten Dean Martin to play Mengele. Oh well.  :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2012, 11:10:30 AM »

Yes, reporting that he would enroll right away and begin practicing right away.  Huge boost to have this kid practice with the team this season and be game-ready entering next year.  Huge boost is right.
The extra bonus is Branch was under the tutelage of a former tough, gritty PG in Turgeon, who also happens to teach the fundamentals of the game quite well.  It won't be like a street baller that strolls onto campus for sure.

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2012, 11:10:57 AM »

The extra bonus is Branch was under the tutelage of a former tough, gritty PG in Turgeon, who also happens to teach the fundamentals of the game quite well.  It won't be some street baller that strolls onto campus for sure.

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2012, 11:15:46 AM »
isn't it odd that he's visiting this weekend when the team is gone?  doesn't seem like he'll get the full experience.

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2012, 11:21:23 AM »
isn't it odd that he's visiting this weekend when the team is gone?  doesn't seem like he'll get the full experience.
Which could tell us he'll be in to seal the deal even w/o the squad in town.  Just get the feel of campus (even w/ winter break) and look around.  JB can always take a tour of the Garden and CA  ;D