Jamal Branch - PG - Texas A&M Transfer - ST. JOHN'S

• 270 replies
Re: Jamal Branch - Texas A&M Transfer
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2012, 11:22:26 AM »
St. John's this weekend and Maryland next weekend as visits lined up so far.

This would be huge.

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2012, 11:24:09 AM »
isn't it odd that he's visiting this weekend when the team is gone?  doesn't seem like he'll get the full experience.
Which could tell us he'll be in to seal the deal even w/o the squad in town.  Just get the feel of campus (even w/ winter break) and look around.  JB can always take a tour of the Garden and CA  ;D

i think Texas AM trip to NYC for CvC certainly opened Jamal's eyes.  bet it left a nice impression.

desco80

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2012, 11:35:28 AM »
Well this is some rare good news.  Had no idea who Branch was, but after looking into him it appears he's a legit pg.   Comes from a Texas HS and was ranked  #51 by ESPN, #47 Scout, and #65 Rivals in the class of 2011.   Scouting reports say he has decent size at 6'3, good handle, good defense, but an inconsistent outside shot. 

Is this the "transfer" we had heard about?    I'm assuming not, but just wondering if anyone can confirm that.

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2012, 11:42:33 AM »
Is this the "transfer" we had heard about?    I'm assuming not, but just wondering if anyone can confirm that.

No the "mystery recruit" was revealed to be a kid named Mystery Recruit. He is Majestic Mapp's second cousin twice removed and God Shamgod's nephew through marriage. He chose Faber College over us though becuase "knowledge is good".

ras

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2012, 11:52:11 AM »
We could use some good news. It would more then nuetilize the percieved damage of Woods decommit and can open the door for future recruits.

Poison

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2012, 12:33:21 PM »
I was kidding brainiac. If you read my posts more carefully, you'd know that I'm big believer of letting freshman sit on the bench for a full season.

You were kidding when? When you said that Nuri was a woman? Or when you said that 19 year olds are fully formed human beings? Or when you said a couple of years ago that Omari Lawrence should be the starting PG? The problem is that you say so many stupid things seriously that when you say something stupid as a joke your many fans can't tell the difference. Which is don't you know why god invented smiley faces :knuppel2:

But well done. Good use of energy and time. Both of which, you clearly have a lot to spare.

You've posted on this board 5 thousand times. I'm about to reach 6 hundred. If one of us has time and energy to spare, who does the evidence suggest it is? Or was this one of those stupid things you said as a joke. See. it's confusing, like when Jerry Lewis made that movie about Auschwitz. On the one hand I wanted to laugh because I mean come on its Jerry Lewis. On the other hand the Holocaust was sort of sad and not even Lewis could put a good spin on it, although I've always wondered if the movie would have been more successful if they could jave gotten Dean Martin to play Mengele. Oh well.  :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:

I agree. You can't tell the difference. You also can't stay on topic.

I fully admit, your posts are complete idiocy. The Holocaust is a really funny topic to only the biggest nice person on this board. Clearly, that's you. Always has been.

Yes, I did say that Lawrence should be given the chance to run the point. At that point in the season, there was no reason at all not to give him a chance to do so. Was it stupid? Not any dumber than you calling Dele Coker the next Dikembe. You never know, he could be one day. I also said that Hardy should be running the point from day one, and that he'd eventually be our leading scorer.

Find your shell. Stay there.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 12:33:58 PM by Poison »

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2012, 01:35:30 PM »
Lets stay on topic
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2012, 01:43:30 PM »
Lets stay on topic
Staying on topic, Branch is going to visit UMD next weekend.  So I think it'll come down to Marquette, SJ's, and UMD.

The good thing in SJ's favor is Mark Turgeon will have a tough decision if Branch wants to commit to UMD.  With the year of sitting out, Branch would come in for 2013, the same time as the Harrison twins.  MD is in a tough battle with Coach Slimy to get the Harrisons.  If Branch commits to UMD, the twins are effectively gone.  That will be a tough call as Bino Ranson's been putting in serious work with the twins.  He knows their dad a bit from back in BMore, but I have no idea on that recruiting vibe that Coach Lavs is so good at sensing.  When does one pull the plug? Tough calls. 

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2012, 02:09:14 PM »
have we even offered??

Moose

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2012, 02:10:24 PM »
have we even offered??

Wouldn't be visiting in an official sense like that unless we offered.
Remember who broke the Slice news

desco80

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2012, 02:39:19 PM »

No the "mystery recruit" was revealed to be a kid named Mystery Recruit. He is Majestic Mapp's second cousin twice removed and God Shamgod's nephew through marriage. He chose Faber College over us though becuase "knowledge is good".

Hahaha  +1

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2012, 03:05:48 PM »
Well this is some rare good news.  Had no idea who Branch was, but after looking into him it appears he's a legit pg.   Comes from a Texas HS and was ranked  #51 by ESPN, #47 Scout, and #65 Rivals in the class of 2011.   Scouting reports say he has decent size at 6'3, good handle, good defense, but an inconsistent outside shot. 

"inconsistent outside shot" seems to be all too common with our recruits.

Why don't we ever bring in those white kids that can just drain threes all games?  You know, those players that go to the northeasterns, st. francis', stony brook esq schools....

Moose

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2012, 03:27:18 PM »

"inconsistent outside shot" seems to be all too common with our recruits.

Why don't we ever bring in those white kids that can just drain threes all games?  You know, those players that go to the northeasterns, st. francis', stony brook esq schools....

Whhy does it matter what color they are?
Remember who broke the Slice news

SJU85

« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2012, 03:33:25 PM »

LOL ;D

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2012, 06:01:16 PM »
I was sniffing the wind right on this one.  ESPN reporting that Branch will verbal to St. John's shortly and enroll for sprig classes - WOW! That is faaaaast. Zoom! :o

kjd01067

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2012, 06:25:50 PM »
This would be a good start to the 2012 recruiting class.  Not sure his reasons for transferring but hopefully he will be happy here and it will be mutually beneficial. Last thing we need is another flake

mkras99

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2012, 06:27:07 PM »
I was sniffing the wind right on this one.  ESPN reporting that Branch will verbal to St. John's shortly and enroll for sprig classes - WOW! That is faaaaast. Zoom! :o

Link?

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2012, 06:46:52 PM »

Link?

It's in insider and I know how you feel about posting copyrighted pay materail but they're simply quoting Lenn Robbins who says he's close to signing.  I assume Lenn's article is already somewhere in this thread but just in case.  http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/st_john_closing_in_on_former_texas_r04lwjCX9uKeMGTVwfIEkJ

mkras99

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2012, 06:47:54 PM »

Link?

It's in insider and I know how you feel about posting copyrighted pay materail but they're simply quoting Lenn Robbins who says he's close to signing.  I assume Lenn's article is already somewhere in this thread but just in case.  http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/st_john_closing_in_on_former_texas_r04lwjCX9uKeMGTVwfIEkJ

So basically it's worthless.  Thanks.

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2012, 06:48:27 PM »
Basically.