• 270 replies

gman

Re: Jamal Branch - Texas A&M Transfer
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2012, 07:14:49 PM »

So basically it's worthless.  Thanks.

Haha, great Mike.

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2012, 10:24:43 AM »
The kid commited to Turgeron and is visiting Maryland last next week.  Seems like this is far from over.

sju89tr

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2012, 10:39:16 AM »
The kid commited to Turgeron and is visiting Maryland last next week.  Seems like this is far from over.

Not sure about that

They have a solid PG right now who is only a Soph in Stoglin.

They are in the final mix for Sam Cassell Jr for 2012.

They are serious players for the Harrison twins.

Our backcourt is basically bare. It appears to me that it is more of a courtesy visit but who knows.   

kjd01067

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2012, 11:05:57 AM »

I am worried about that connection as well.  He committed at a very young age to Turgeron and was faithful to that commitment for a number of years.  There has to be a strong connection there but maybe on the flip side Branch felt burned when Turgeron left for MD.  Only time will tell but I would love to see Rico work his magic on this kid.

mkras99

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2012, 11:30:04 AM »
The Turgeon connection scares me too.  I think we are in trouble if we don't get him to commit this weekend.

Moose

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2012, 01:49:30 PM »
The Turgeon connection scares me too.  I think we are in trouble if we don't get him to commit this weekend.

Maryland has a lot of guards so timing and the recruitment of the Harrison twins in 13 will impact Branch.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2012, 04:35:15 PM »
Jamal should look at our staff, NYC, young studs in DeAngelo and Mo and what they've shown thus far, wings who are athletic as hell, love to compete, don't dominate the ball, and are only going to get better (Dom and Amir), a big man who runs the floor (Gift), an athletic combo in Greene and whoever else we know Lavin is going to bring in, and see how well a pure point would thrive under those circumstances.

Wods317

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2012, 06:39:51 PM »
Roger Rubin tweeted that the team left quickly after the game and were getting on 6:05 plane to NY. Must be rushing back to meet with Branch, great tim for the kid to visit the weather is great and the team just won a huge game, lock this kid up.

MCNPA

« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2012, 07:11:12 PM »
The situation here is built for a guy like Branch.  Hopefully we pry him away from Turgeon who is in the running for a lot of guards including Aquille Carr.  I too would love to get a commit this weekend.  We'll see...

mkras99

« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2012, 07:17:26 PM »
Marcus, Aquille Carr committed to Seton Hall.

« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2012, 07:26:51 PM »
Anyone know if Harrison played with or against Branch in any capacity in Texas?  Harrison could be a draw for Branch's backcourt talents -- who wouldn't want to go into battle with Harrison.

Marillac

« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2012, 07:28:54 PM »
This kid is just what the doctor ordered.  Imagine how solid of a defensive team we'd be 1-4 with Branch...could potentially go with Branch, Greene, Pointer, Garret and a big for some full court pressure.  Harrison is such a tough, savvy player at both ends as well, and Mo is no slouch on the defensive end. 

We really are just 2-3 elite players away from just being a straight-up dominant team that nobody will able to go 9 rounds with.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 07:30:40 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2012, 07:33:19 PM »
Marillac has got it, just a few pieces away from putting together a great team.  True PG plus real C with a motor and we'd be able to beat anyone (including a summer in the gym working on 3s and FTs)

« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2012, 08:38:15 PM »
visit begins tomorrow according to Zags

« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2012, 10:12:33 PM »
This kid is just what the doctor ordered.  Imagine how solid of a defensive team we'd be 1-4 with Branch...could potentially go with Branch, Greene, Pointer, Garret and a big for some full court pressure.  Harrison is such a tough, savvy player at both ends as well, and Mo is no slouch on the defensive end. 

We really are just 2-3 elite players away from just being a straight-up dominant team that nobody will able to go 9 rounds with.
Guess you are not a boxing aficionado as I don't think there has ever been a bout scheduled for 9 rounds. Perhaps you meant 9 innings or 10 rounds? :)

MCNPA

« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2012, 10:45:23 PM »

Marillac is right.  This team is a wolf in sheep's clothing.  3 legit recruits away from being dominant because our shortcomings hold us back just that much.  We'll probably land 5-6 legit kids, so I think when all is said and done, we'll be tough down the stretch this season and on the road to juggernaut in 2012 and forward...

« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2012, 11:24:40 PM »

Guess you are not a boxing aficionado as I don't think there has ever been a bout scheduled for 9 rounds. Perhaps you meant 9 innings or 10 rounds? :)

Who watches boxing? Give me a 5 UFC rounds!  ;D

« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2012, 02:23:28 AM »
Jamal's Twitter-  "Had a GREAT day in NY! Now time to get some rest! Another long day ahead tomorrow!"

Also on his facebook page he recently added Earl Watson as his favorite athlete.

Both very encouraging tidbits.

« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2012, 08:04:46 AM »
what's his twitter name?

ris

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2012, 10:17:58 AM »
Imagine how solid of a defensive team we'd be 1-4 with Branch...could potentially go with Branch, Greene, Pointer, Garret and a big for some full court pressure. 

Then, who would score?