Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S

• 864 replies

Poison

Re: Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2012, 03:35:45 PM »
IMO Sanchez could have a solid impact on team, ALA Justin Brownlee.

have you seen him play live?

paultzman

« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2012, 03:37:08 PM »
“@ebosshoops: @rgsaunders1 @tflanny23  Tweeted earlier, lots of St. John's talk circulating the arena for Sanchez.”

Moose

« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2012, 03:42:49 PM »
“@ebosshoops: @rgsaunders1 @tflanny23  Tweeted earlier, lots of St. John's talk circulating the arena for Sanchez.”

Cue Providence fans jumping off bridge.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2012, 03:43:17 PM »
As I wrote in here after the 2 times I saw him in person this year, I truly believe that Orlando Sanchez will be a pro.  Also heard he won't have much problem gaining eligibility.  REALLY hoping we get him.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

kjd01067

« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2012, 03:43:34 PM »
paultzman how would you compare him to GG? 

gman

« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2012, 03:47:14 PM »

Way way way more athletic

Moose

« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2012, 03:51:22 PM »
As I wrote in here after the 2 times I saw him in person this year, I truly believe that Orlando Sanchez will be a pro.  Also heard he won't have much problem gaining eligibility.  REALLY hoping we get him.

Did you post something else about eligibilty when you first saw him?

« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2012, 03:51:48 PM »

It's not even close.  Orlando has much better hands, a pretty consistent midrange jumpshot, probably 2 inches bigger, runs the floor better and is an extremely impressive passer.

Orlando takes ridiculously long strides when he runs.  Can use some work on some of the finite footwork but I really believe the kid is an NBA player.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Happy

« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2012, 03:52:45 PM »

Same here.. I never comment on a kid until I see him.. I also like seeing someone more than once... I was really impressed by Sanchez today.  Kid did a little of everything very well.  Crossing my fingers as well :)

« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2012, 03:52:52 PM »

Did you post something else about eligibilty when you first saw him?

Yes but I've heard all will likely be good

paultzman

« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2012, 04:03:37 PM »

have you seen him play live?

Once, plus today. In concert w other reports, rtc., enough to formulate an opinion.

Marillac

« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2012, 04:13:23 PM »
Remember when Dwight Buycks was the focus of the offense and outscoring Dwight Hardy at Indian Hills? How did that translate into Big East. Juco ball is funny.

Buck's stats were nearly identical to Hardy's at Indian Hill's.  High school and juco can be funny like that, though, I agree.  Harkless was out scored regularly by Ledo and Moe is a legit first rounder while Ledo will never see a minute in the league.  Some guy's just have a game built for success the further they go..me thinks Sanchez is that kind of player.

boo3

« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2012, 04:23:32 PM »
Lets get this kid to sign on the dotted line.

desco80

« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2012, 04:25:42 PM »

Yea?   You think he's that good?

« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2012, 04:38:00 PM »
Brad Winton who runs maybe the best Juco Recruiting site tweeted:

@JUCO RECRUITING: Orlando Sanchez of Monroe starting to get loose.  Handful of dunks and a face up jumper.  He will make a high major happy when he commits

derk

« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2012, 05:26:29 PM »

@JUCO RECRUITING: Orlando Sanchez of Monroe starting to get loose.  Handful of dunks and a face up jumper.  He will make a high major happy when he commits

Did I miss something ? Are we out with Obekpa ? Or does the loss of Moe allow us to get both. We still need a drop dead shooter. Don't think Morris fits that bill. Any possibilities ?

Moose

« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2012, 05:49:23 PM »

Did I miss something ? Are we out with Obekpa ? Or does the loss of Moe allow us to get both. We still need a drop dead shooter. Don't think Morris fits that bill. Any possibilities ?

Where you been?
You missed a lot.

paultzman

« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2012, 06:10:12 PM »
As noted in Rumble in Garden article today, should not expect Marco/Sanchez commitments until season completed.

« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2012, 06:25:51 PM »

I saw some brownlee in his game today. I really liked what I saw. Perfect fit for our system.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2012, 06:34:19 PM »
As noted in Rumble in Garden article today, should not expect Marco/Sanchez commitments until season completed.

Do you know when that would be? When do the Juco playoffs end?