Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S

• 864 replies

LJSA

Re: Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2012, 08:36:47 PM »
I didn't even need to google the reference.

Yikes, I'm old. ;D

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2012, 03:20:33 PM »
absolutely ZERO insider knowledge here, but my gut tells me Sanchez is our next verbal.

Here's my prediction for this class:
1. Felix
2. Sanchez
3. Obekpa
4. Hall (he'll verbal but won't qualify)
5. Morris

Sampson goes to PC.

If Harkless stays, the above group is a good compliment to our team and we'll be dangerous.

Poison

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2012, 03:23:40 PM »
absolutely ZERO insider knowledge here, but my gut tells me Sanchez is our next verbal.

1. Felix
2. Sanchez
3. Obekpa
5. Morris

Sampson goes to PC.

If Harkless stays, the above group is a good compliment to our team and we'll be dangerous.

We need more size than that. We don't have one interior defender. Adding 2 still keeps us light inside.

Moose

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 03:26:55 PM »

1. Felix
2. Sanchez
3. Obekpa
5. Morris

Sampson goes to PC.

Don't be so quick to write off Sampson.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2012, 04:11:02 PM »

1. Felix
2. Sanchez
3. Obekpa
5. Morris

Sampson goes to PC.

Don't be so quick to write off Sampson.

What is Sampson waiting for?

redslope

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2012, 04:18:23 PM »

What is Sampson waiting for?
[/quote]

Moe to decide--maybe he doesn't want to fight him for minutes.

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2012, 04:20:20 PM »
Jesus think about a Harrison/Greene/Moe/Sampson/Obepka starting unit to begin next year. BEAST.

Only in dreams though.

Marillac

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2012, 04:22:55 PM »
Jesus think about a Harrison/Greene/Moe/Sampson/Obepka starting unit to begin next year. BEAST.

Only in dreams though.

I'd never bet against Garrett.  He'd start in that group and we'd just play small.

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2012, 04:28:49 PM »
Garrett was arguably the second/third (depending on who was having an off night) best all around player at the end of the year.

Chilleb

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2012, 04:30:50 PM »
branch/harrison/moe/sampson/obekpa... garrett first guy off bench

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2012, 04:48:21 PM »

were all getting ahead of our selves here. But I think lav would for sure start sampson/moe/harrison. and i think he would have garret start along with branch.

Then he has bigs to come off the bench in GG and obekpa, and guards/wings to stir up the tempo in pointer and greene.

Lets just pray that it comes to fruition.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Chilleb

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2012, 04:54:37 PM »

were all getting ahead of our selves here. But I think lav would for sure start sampson/moe/harrison. and i think he would have garret start along with branch.

Then he has bigs to come off the bench in GG and obekpa, and guards/wings to stir up the tempo in pointer and greene.

but if it happens like that then moes gone. he only wants to be the biggest guy in the lineup from now on in extreme situations, he wants to play his natural position on the wing and play big from there

Chilleb

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2012, 05:01:25 PM »
is he a juco soph or freshman?

Moose

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2012, 05:06:02 PM »
is he a juco soph or freshman?

Sanchez is Soph.  Will have 2 yrs left.
Remember who broke the Slice news

crgreen

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2012, 05:06:16 PM »

You never know.  He notoriously started Sean Farnham over Dan Gadzuric at UCLA :)

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2012, 05:10:43 PM »

but if it happens like that then moes gone. he only wants to be the biggest guy in the lineup from now on in extreme situations, he wants to play his natural position on the wing and play big from there

Moe would play the four with Sampson at the five. And a lot more three with 3 guys bigger than him in sampson/gg/obekpa

Chilleb

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2012, 05:13:15 PM »

Moe would play the four with Sampson at the five. And a lot more three with 3 guys bigger than him in sampson/gg/obekpa
sampson isnt bigger then him they were the same height in is8 and rememebr moe grew that summer.

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2012, 05:16:13 PM »

sampson isnt bigger then him they were the same height in is8 and rememebr moe grew that summer.

I always thought moe was taller than listed. Who knows weather of not he has grown since that time, watching jakarr he seems just as tall and more physical, and in my opinion if both were on the floor together moe would play either the 3 or 4 while jakarr would pay the 4 or 5

Marillac

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2012, 07:55:34 PM »

I always thought moe was taller than listed. Who knows weather of not he has grown since that time, watching jakarr he seems just as tall and more physical, and in my opinion if both were on the floor together moe would play either the 3 or 4 while jakarr would pay the 4 or 5

The three and the four are nearly indistinguishable in the current system.  Out of necessity, Moe had to hang around the hoop more, but that won't happen next year if he stays and we add depth. 

If we keep Moe and add Sampson, it will be a run and gun show.

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2012, 01:29:13 AM »

Way to scare of JaKarr-highly doubt he wants to play the 5. That"s what helped scare off Gathers.