Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S

• 864 replies

jr49

Re: Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2012, 09:43:47 AM »
I thought Gathers was a tough guy. It did not scare off Glover, and Blair would laugh while guarding a -
7-1. Where do we get one of them guys.

Poison

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2012, 10:03:58 AM »

What is Sampson waiting for?

Moe to decide--maybe he doesn't want to fight him for minutes.

[/quote]

I think we have plenty of minutes to spare.

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2012, 10:13:51 AM »
this is an old article about Sanchez' visit to Providence:

"Cooley has been preaching family since taking over at Providence, and one of the newest members of the Friar family built a bond with Sanchez on his visit to PC.  “Orlando’s unofficial went well.  He had a great conversation with Coach Cooley’s wife [Nurys], who is also from the Dominican Republic, and he really enjoyed his visit to the Dunkin Donuts Center.”

http://www.friarbasketball.net/2011/10/catching-up-with-orlando-sanchezs-coach.html

Moose

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2012, 11:10:56 AM »

"Cooley has been preaching family since taking over at Providence, and one of the newest members of the Friar family built a bond with Sanchez on his visit to PC.  “Orlando’s unofficial went well.  He had a great conversation with Coach Cooley’s wife [Nurys], who is also from the Dominican Republic, and he really enjoyed his visit to the Dunkin Donuts Center.”

http://www.friarbasketball.net/2011/10/catching-up-with-orlando-sanchezs-coach.html

Moe and Felipe Lopez > Cooley's wife
Remember who broke the Slice news

LJSA

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2012, 01:45:45 PM »

Not if she went to the Mrs. Bernie Fine School of Hospitality

Marillac

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2012, 04:04:07 PM »

Moe is Dominican?

Moose

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2012, 04:06:59 PM »

Moe is Dominican?

He has some Latin American its been said.

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2012, 06:23:05 PM »
Invite him to the school and let me be his tour guide. I will take him to Corona and Washington Heights. I will guarantee I get him to sign the dotted line the first day of the signing period.  :angel:

paultzman

« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2012, 01:01:40 PM »
Providence aggressive on Obekpa and a big kid from Michigan, named Williams. I'm told door could swing in SJU favor on Sanchez. Let's see. Was Lavin at his practice yesterday?

NYCoffey

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2012, 01:03:44 PM »
I saw on his twitter that he was at a JUCO practice yesterday, just dont know which one. Thought it might be Monroe but I am not sure.

paultzman

« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2012, 12:05:13 PM »
 ;) Should we be buying a few Dominican flags next week?

gman

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2012, 10:48:50 AM »
;) Should we be buying a few Dominican flags next week?

Would love that

Moose

« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2012, 08:53:52 AM »
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1345030

4. Is Orlando Sanchez the top available junior college big man?

During Monroe College's 2011 run at the national championship, 6-8 power forward Orlando Sanchez looked the part of a potential high major prospect. Now a sophomore, he has made good on his potential and established himself as a bona fide high-major target who is attracting interest from Cincinnati, Providence, Pittsburgh, St. John's and Texas A&M among others. He's mobile, rebounds and has become an effective scorer while averaging 10 points and more than seven rebounds per game on a very balanced team that enters the tourney ranked No. 3. Of any of the available bigs in the tournament, he may have the most established reputation and just how good he is will be a big factor for Monroe as it makes a run at the title.

Moose

« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2012, 01:25:57 PM »
Funny they're playing Dwight Hardy's old school
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2012, 01:32:42 PM »
Funny they're playing Dwight Hardy's old school

With Dustin Hogue from Yonkers.
Similar to Kelvin Amayo but Hogue has to be like 23 by now.

Happy

« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2012, 01:36:32 PM »
http://www.ihigh.com/njcaatv/broadcast_212371.html?silverlight=1

Thanks for the link.. First observation is that Sanchez can really handle the rock for a guy his size.  Good stuff.

paultzman

« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2012, 01:39:13 PM »
Impressed w Marco's game, team oriented, smart and looks like he has a nice stroke.

« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2012, 01:45:18 PM »
Impressed w Marco's game, team oriented, smart and looks like he has a nice stroke.

Really like how quickly he moves the ball around
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Happy

« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2012, 01:46:36 PM »

Not saying that he is no good.. And I certainly couldn't tell from one game.. But what game are you watching?  I have been watching for the last 15 minutes and Marco has been invisible.  Sanchez on the other hand seems Big East ready right now .