Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S

• 864 replies
Re: Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #860 on: July 17, 2013, 11:13:22 AM »
I don't think most writers realize how good he can be, which is why we may end up being ranked much higher than we'll likely be given credit for in preseason polls. His passing and rebounding will add a lot to this team, and he may be able to chip in one to two blocks as well. Rysheed and D'Lo will get a lot of open looks after kick outs.

Absolutely, two of our biggest weaknesses last year were not having a point guard who could break down the defense or a big man who was skilled offensively. Looks like we have gone a long way in fixing both of those.

As excited as I am to see Rysheed, I'm equally excited to see Orlando.

Rebounding should get better as well, and really, the third main issue was outside shooting... i really really hope all the wings/guards have been working like crazy on their jumpers.  If the jump shot has improved we'll crush a lot of teams based on that + what you've discussed above.

Shooting was definitely the number 1 weakness and I hope it improves and it should with added pieces and practice. With that said, if you cant shoot you better be able to get to the rim and have an inside presence.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

SJUFAN

« Reply #861 on: July 18, 2013, 04:18:57 PM »
I wonder what position he will start at. I think he should spend most of his time at the forward spots, but he will spend some time at the five. Think he will be a match up nightmare for opposing teams. 

LJSA

« Reply #862 on: July 19, 2013, 02:47:49 AM »
I wonder what position he will start at. I think he should spend most of his time at the forward spots, but he will spend some time at the five. Think he will be a match up nightmare for opposing teams. 

I think he starts at center, with Sampson at PF and Pointer at SF. I think it helps both recruiting and Sampson if he gets time at SF, so when Obekpa comes in Sanchez and Sampson slide down a spot.

MCNPA

« Reply #863 on: July 21, 2013, 09:39:35 AM »
How many 6'9" PF's can do what Sanchez does even looks at those vids?  Will be exciting to have a versatile forward like that up front. 

paultzman

« Reply #864 on: November 26, 2013, 12:32:56 PM »
Two interesting early season Primo stats:

Orlando Sanchez has taken 8/18 (44%) of his shots from beyond the arc. He's shot 2/8 from behind the three-point line.

Orlando Sanchez also leads the team in assists in 10 through their four games.

@rumbleSBN: A pair of interesting stat notes on Orlando Sanchez, on the Rumble's Facebook page. https://t.co/02mUm00SRZ