Ryan Rhoomes - PF - NIA Prep - Queens, NY - FORDHAM

• 155 replies

LJSA

Re: Ryan Rhoomes - PF - NIA Prep - Queens, NY - FORDHAM
« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2012, 01:21:19 AM »
The A10 is a great choice for him. But based on hearsay, I don't get his having the academics to go to Fordham ... or have things changed that much over the last few years (or has the hearsay been off base)?

Oh do you mean the Harvard of the East?

Pretty sure the Harvard of the East is . . . Harvard.

Maybe you should have gone with the Stanford of the East.

sju89tr

« Reply #141 on: May 05, 2012, 08:23:53 AM »
The A10 is a great choice for him. But based on hearsay, I don't get his having the academics to go to Fordham ... or have things changed that much over the last few years (or has the hearsay been off base)?

In the city I live people walk around with t shirts saying that Harvard is the Pomona College of the East. LOL

« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2012, 11:14:44 AM »
Better comp than Iona.

uwsfan

« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2012, 12:20:21 PM »

Actually, MIT is the Harvard of the east.   Harvard is the Princeton of the east

LJSA

« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2012, 03:10:17 PM »
In terms of the most important academic category -- hooking up with women way out of your league -- all of them can only dream of being the NYU of the East. ;D

« Reply #145 on: May 05, 2012, 04:18:32 PM »
Atlantic 10 is a damn good conference and getting better still.

paultzman

« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2012, 11:07:35 AM »
Speaking about eligibility, has he been cleared? I don't think so, but could be wrong.

MCNPA

« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2012, 12:00:11 PM »
Atlantic 10 is a damn good conference and getting better still.

I actually want the A-10 to get better.  It is good for the point if and when bball schools and football schools split.  Temple will be Big East soon, but the A10 being good is good for bball and bball-only schools.  I will root for the A-10 against all the BCS schools.  In addition, great that they a playing confence tourney in Brooklyn.

paultzman

« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2012, 06:00:36 PM »
Not verified, but just told he won't play this year. Not qualified.

« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2012, 07:38:04 PM »
I hate Fordham and Pecora,(love rooting for all locals) but this is a huge hit for them. He and Gaston would have been a nice duo down low

Poison

« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2012, 10:08:04 AM »
Wow, that stinks. Fordham is a disaster. I really thought Pecora would make them at least respectable. Different coach, same crap. We play them Dec 8th. That shouldn't even be a contest.

« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2012, 10:40:23 AM »
Wow, that stinks. Fordham is a disaster. I really thought Pecora would make them at least respectable. Different coach, same crap. We play them Dec 8th. That shouldn't even be a contest.

Right.  He takes over a program coming off of consecutive seasons of 3-25 and 2-26.  Think about that for a second, 5-51 COMBINED.  Not to mention Fordham has NEVER even made the NIT since they have been in the A-10.  That goes back to the 95-96 season and 3 coaches (Macarchuk, Bob Hill and Whittenberg).

Perhaps one of his players might be ineligible, OK.  Someone who they knew already failed to qualify last year.  This on top of the fact Fordham has pretty high standards beyond the NCAA for their athletes.   Pecora has already completely retooled the roster with plenty of talent beyond Rhoomes.  He will rightfully get PLENTY of time to turn this around.  He has already been extended by the way.

He is going into just his 3rd year.  Has not even coached a game yet in his 3rd year and is already deemed a complete failure because... what?  Ryan Rhoomes might not be eligible? 

In his first 3 years at Indiana Tom Crean failed to have a winning record at one of the most prestigious and best prgrams in the country.  THREE YEARS.  FAILED TO HAVE A WINNING RECORD!!!!!

Tom Pecora has coached at a school, coming off of 5 total wins in 2 years, less then 3 years, and he is a COMPLETE failure.  Unbelievable.  Seriously it is almost as if some of you don't even try anymore.

paultzman

« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2012, 01:17:32 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: 6-8 Fordham F Ryan Rhoomes still awaiting clearance from the NCAA but staff is optimistic, source tells @SNYtv”

paultzman

« Reply #153 on: November 08, 2012, 04:48:12 PM »
“@JonRothstein: Fordham freshman Ryan Rhoomes has been cleared by the NCAA to play this season, per Rams HC Tom Pecora. Huge news for Fordham.”

Poison

« Reply #154 on: November 08, 2012, 05:04:46 PM »
That's nice to see. I would like to see them show us something in Gaston's last year. They have some experience now, and a couple of big men. They need to make the CBI. That would be huge for them.

Moose

« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2013, 08:47:55 PM »
4ppg 5 rpg.  Boarding!
Remember who broke the Slice news