Winston Shepard - SF - Findlay Prep - Sugar Land, TX - SAN DIEGO ST.

• 101 replies

NYCoffey

Re: Winston Shepard - SF - Findlay Prep - Sugar Land, TX
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2012, 01:40:11 PM »
Alex Kline @TheRecruitScoop

Retweet
    Favorite
    · Open

2012 Findlay Prep (NV) F Winston Shepard had 19 points, 17 rebounds & 10 assists last night. Steve Lavin of St. John's will see him today.

Moose

« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2012, 02:06:04 PM »

Retweet
    Favorite
    · Open

2012 Findlay Prep (NV) F Winston Shepard had 19 points, 17 rebounds & 10 assists last night. Steve Lavin of St. John's will see him today.

Too bad Daddy Lavs missed the triple double.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2012, 02:49:05 PM »

Retweet
    Favorite
    · Open

The real triple double is Lavin landing 3 players with double digit ranking in the 2012.  We need guys like Winston here.

desco80

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2012, 03:03:17 PM »

Retweet
    Favorite
    · Open

The real triple double is Lavin landing 3 players with double digit ranking in the 2012.  We need guys like Winston here.

Ohh please make it so!!        3 top 100 recruits will set this board on fire.     

Sampson fits our system best, Obekpa may be our biggest need, but the more I hear of Sheppard the more I think he may be the kind of all around player that would benefit us most in the long haul.   Some size, rebounds well, plays defense, and passes well from the post.   Plus the typical Lavin-athlete.   

TONYD3

« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2012, 09:27:31 AM »
Can sheppard shoot? We have athletes we need guys who can put the ball in the basket.

MCNPA

« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2012, 09:31:23 AM »
Can sheppard shoot? We have athletes we need guys who can put the ball in the basket.

Good to midrange.  Can stick outside shots to.  His passing and defense are special for a big forward.

« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2012, 01:29:35 PM »
Jeff Borzello @jeffborzello
Winston Shepard just committed to San Diego State, a source tells CBSSports.com: bit.ly/w5dKIE

Another one off the list.

« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2012, 01:31:31 PM »
Winston Shepard just committed to San Diego State, a source tells CBSSports.com: bit.ly/w5dKIE

Wow. Now I'm worried.

« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2012, 01:32:47 PM »

Wow. Now I'm worried.

Sucks, but we came in late, not shocked.

« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2012, 01:36:21 PM »

Wow. Now I'm worried.

Sucks, but we came in late, not shocked.

True, but it seemed like we were in good shape. Hopefully Lavin wasn't counting him as one of the 4 or 5.

We need some good news around here soon.

DFF6

« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2012, 01:49:37 PM »
Does Shepard have academic issues, hence making SDSU the pick?

paultzman

« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2012, 01:54:24 PM »
Does Shepard have academic issues, hence making SDSU the pick?

As I noted a while ago, SDSU has been solid with him for some time. It is an attractive program to many kids, especially West Coast players.

boo3

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2012, 01:57:11 PM »
 In other news, Pollee's dad is advising his son to transfer again. ;)

I hope Sheppard starts from day 1 over Dwayne.

MCNPA

« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2012, 02:19:36 PM »
Really need a guy like Jakarr at this point..  Lavin not really strong with this 2012 class and it has hurt us getting in late with much of the class.  Hopefully Lavin can salvage.

Moose

« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2012, 02:25:56 PM »
Wow is all I can say.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2012, 02:42:50 PM »

MCNPA wrote:

This hurts,but the ball is on Lavin's court. Being so public about a top ten class means he has to deliver at least a solid one. If not I would think of him in terms of PT Barnum and Rex Ryan. Not being negative, just noting it his job to deliver. I have faith he will.

ris

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2012, 02:47:32 PM »

As I noted a while ago, SDSU has been solid with him for some time. It is an attractive program to many kids, especially West Coast players.

And considering that 95 percent of the players that our staff is recruiting are from West Coast we will have to fight many times against SDSU.

DFF6

« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2012, 02:49:08 PM »
Hey if Lavin counted on Shepard being in the 4-5 guys for our 2012 class, clearly this hurts (although Lavin may have seen this coming when he altered his estimated hall for 2012 in his tweets).

I know the Spring signing period is far from over, but Baylor and SDSU have gotten two of our recruits to commit to them, and all we have is Branch, who's obviously not part of the 2012 class.  I think we need to seriously downgrade any expectations for a strong 2012 recruiting class.   If we land one recruit ranked within top 100 with three or four solid role players, that is looking like our best case scenario.  Hope I'm wrong.

paultzman

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2012, 02:52:39 PM »
Hey if Lavin counted on Shepard being in the 4-5 guys for our 2012 class, clearly this hurts (although Lavin may have seen this coming when he altered his estimated hall for 2012 in his tweets).

I know the Spring signing period is far from over, but Baylor and SDSU have gotten two of our recruits to commit to them, and all we have is Branch, who's obviously not part of the 2012 class.  I think we need to seriously downgrade any expectations for a strong 2012 recruiting class.   If we land one recruit ranked within top 100 with three or four solid role players, that is looking like our best case scenario.  Hope I'm wrong.

Fair point.

MCNPA

« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2012, 02:53:12 PM »

Our best shots landing 2 from the Sampson, Obekpa, Edosomwan group.  My confidence certainly has taken a hot losing Shepard.  Young and Sanchez become more critical as well.  Hope Lavin has something up his sleeve.  As I said, we really need Jakarr here.