Hawaii
CSUN
Texas State
Albany
Fullerton
Hofstra
Eastern Washington
TCU

We are his favorite right now according to my source, if for nothing else we are the best school recruiting him and Lavin's name is still known in Los Angeles.

Re: Brandon Parga - SG - Citrus College - Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 01:43:02 AM »
Good stuff thanks for sharing

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 01:45:11 AM »
And also anyone wondering why he is in JUCO, it has nothing to do with grades or anything like that.  He has exceptional grades.  It is strictly because he had absolutely no offers coming out of high school.

MCNPA

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 03:54:06 AM »
Kid shoots over 50% from the floor, nearly 50% from 3 and almost 90% from the line.  Good student and deadeye shooter.  Sounds like a kid to take a flyer on if he's a good enough athlete to play at this level.  Not much harm and at worst case scenario, we have him at the end of our bench for 2 years to bring in late in games to go to the line with D'Lo.  Not much to lose if he's a reasonably good prospect per the coaches opinions.  I've seen enough unknown and unathletic shooters that have killed us over the years at other schools.   

ris

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 04:18:50 AM »
Better than Severe?

Two non Top 50 players. One of them from California and the other from New York.

If he had to choose Lavin would go after the California player.

Moose

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 07:36:46 AM »
Better than Severe?

Two non Top 50 players. One of them from California and the other from New York.

If he had to choose Lavin would go after the California player.

The 2 yr vs 4 yr factor is big I think. Only 2 yr investment
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2012, 08:01:20 AM »
and at worst case scenario, we have him at the end of our bench for 2 years to bring in late in games to go to the line

That aint ever a good strategy.

Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

MCNPA

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2012, 08:25:53 AM »
and at worst case scenario, we have him at the end of our bench for 2 years to bring in late in games to go to the line

What, having good shooters on the roster?  Just saying that if he didn't work out to be a big contributor, he could be a valuable shooter off the bench.  Hack-a-shaq was coined as such for a reason.  Teams won't want to foul a 90% shooter.  Lots of good coaches bring in their best foul shooters late in games when teams are fouling.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:27:16 AM by MCNPA »

derk

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 11:02:20 AM »
Kid shoots over 50% from the floor, nearly 50% from 3 and almost 90% from the line.  Good student and deadeye shooter.  Sounds like a kid to take a flyer on if he's a good enough athlete to play at this level.  Not much harm and at worst case scenario, we have him at the end of our bench for 2 years to bring in late in games to go to the line with D'Lo.  Not much to lose if he's a reasonably good prospect per the coaches opinions.  I've seen enough unknown and unathletic shooters that have killed us over the years at other schools.

It's nice to find a diamond in the rough but some of those schools are down right scary.

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 11:03:43 AM »
imagine endgame/close game on offense with branch/green/threeangelo/parga/harkless on attack....Yes

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2012, 03:11:21 PM »
With regards to the zags article, I was told St. Mary's is a serious threat for him.  They have deep connections to his high school so have likely known about him for a while and he fits into their system very nicely. 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 03:11:55 PM by STJ11Redmen »

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2012, 03:20:28 PM »
With regards to the zags article, I was told St. Mary's is a serious threat for him.  They have deep connections to his high school so have likely known about him for a while and he fits into their system very nicely. 

Normally, St. Mary's is a place for good shooters.  So, I wouldn't be surprised that they are a serious threat.  Not to mention, it's located in Cali and St. Mary's program seems to have made a name for itself of late. 

If St. Mary's want him then that is good enough for me to want him.  He could one of those deadly options teams forget about while worrying about our other players.

MCNPA

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2012, 04:00:35 PM »

Normally, St. Mary's is a place for good shooters.  So, I wouldn't be surprised that they are a serious threat.  Not to mention, it's located in Cali and St. Mary's program seems to have made a name for itself of late. 

If St. Mary's want him then that is good enough for me to want him.  He could one of those deadly options teams forget about while worrying about our other players.

No doubt st. Mary's is a serious threat because they've been on him all year...until a school like SJU offers.  SJU still offers big conference play.  Let's remember that the kid's dream school was Columbia University, so he obviously wants to come to NYC.  I think that is the kicker here.  It says a lot that he wanted to go to Columbia U.  I think if Lavin wants him, it will be hard for him to turn down.

Poison

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2012, 04:14:06 PM »

No doubt st. Mary's is a serious threat because they've been on him all year...until a school like SJU offers.  SJU still offers big conference play.  Let's remember that the kid's dream school was Columbia University, so he obviously wants to come to NYC.  I think that is the kicker here.  It says a lot that he wanted to go to Columbia U.  I think if Lavin wants him, it will be hard for him to turn down.

It says that he's probably really smart. Has St.John's ever successfully recruited a kid with options like that?

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2012, 04:42:49 PM »

What, having good shooters on the roster?  Just saying that if he didn't work out to be a big contributor, he could be a valuable shooter off the bench.  Hack-a-shaq was coined as such for a reason.  Teams won't want to foul a 90% shooter.  Lots of good coaches bring in their best foul shooters late in games when teams are fouling.

First off, not talking directly about this brother since I aint ever seen him play and dont believe in highlight vids. 

But putting "an end of the bench" player into a tight game to shoot FTs is a disaster waiting to happen. Coming in cold, with little play time below yo belt into a pressure situation equals misses no matter how good you stroke it in JC, practice, park.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

MCNPA

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2012, 04:56:53 PM »

First off, not talking directly about this brother since I aint ever seen him play and dont believe in highlight vids. 

But putting "an end of the bench" player into a tight game to shoot FTs is a disaster waiting to happen. Coming in cold, with little play time below yo belt into a pressure situation equals misses no matter how good you stroke it in JC, practice, park.

Late in games, if teams are going to purposely foul, I always want my best FT shooters in there.  Free throws are something that these kids practice every day in practice.  I will take the 90% FT shooter getting fouled, even if he's a bench player every day over the kid shooting 48% from the stripe.  Would never put a guy like that in at last minute and try to get him the ball.  I'd get it to D'Lo, but still want my best shooters on the floor.

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2012, 05:14:46 PM »
This is his current list

Portland state
Boston college
Hawaii
CSUN
Texas State
Albany
Fullerton
Hofstra
Eastern Washington
TCU

We are his favorite right now according to my source, if for nothing else we are the best school recruiting him and Lavin's name is still known in Los Angeles.

looks like a recruit norm roberts would be looking at with all those mediocre teams looking at him, i trust lavin though if he thinks the kid is legit, he prolly is
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 05:16:23 PM by SweetnessCBA »

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2012, 05:22:41 PM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned but this is his third year removed from high school so he is pretty old.  He redshirted the 09-10 year at Citrus.

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2012, 05:25:49 PM »
It's also worth noting that the guy who recruited him to Citrus, Rick Croy, left after his redshirt year to become an assistant at St. Mary's.