Brandon Parga - SG - Citrus College - Los Angeles, CA - IONA

• 119 replies

ris

Re: Brandon Parga - SG - Citrus College - Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2012, 08:15:11 AM »

Parga is being recruited by Boston College, Hawaii, Wyoming, Texas State, St. Johns, TCU and Gardner-Webb.

I´m not very impressive with this list.

Do you want a shooter?
Then show me another shooter.

Yes, I want shooters.

1. I would have put more interest in Bernardi. He went to SMU. But perphaps he didn´t feel confortable with our system of play.

2. In only two minutes and with only 2 attempts Jamal White has scored the same 3 pointers than Amir Garrett (2-11 in Big East Conference) and more than Pointer (1-18 in Big East Conference). Perhaps he could help.

3. Jon Severe (2013 class). Local and with interest from Big East teams.

MCNPA

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2012, 08:19:01 AM »

Parga is being recruited by Boston College, Hawaii, Wyoming, Texas State, St. Johns, TCU and Gardner-Webb.

Do you want a shooter?

Yes, I want shooters.

1. I would have put more interest in Bernardi. He went to SMU. But perphaps he didn´t feel confortable with our system of play.

2. In only two minutes and with only 2 attempts Jamal White has scored the same 3 pointers than Amir Garrett (2-11 in Big East Conference) and more than Pointer (1-18 in Big East Conference). Perhaps he could help.

I think Galan is the shooter the staff wants in the 2013 class. 

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2012, 08:27:50 AM »

Do you want a shooter?

Yes, I want shooters.

Those guys arent from California. Count them out

MCNPA

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2012, 08:33:08 AM »

Do you want a shooter?

Yes, I want shooters.

Another idiotic comment considering the guys we are very close with in the 13'/ 14' classes like Sina, Jordan, Galan, Lawrence, McCullough are all from the east.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 08:37:58 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2012, 08:40:04 AM »

Do you want a shooter?

Yes, I want shooters.

Another idiotic comment considering the guys we are very close with in the 13'/ 14' classes like Sina, Jordan, Galan, Lawrence, McCullough are all from the east.

We were close with alot of guys

MCNPA

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2012, 08:50:08 AM »

Do you want a shooter?

Yes, I want shooters.

Not sure what you're talking about, Lavin only has one real recruiting class unde his belt and landed most of the guys he went after. 

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2012, 08:57:23 AM »

Do you want a shooter?

Yes, I want shooters.

Not sure what you're talking about, Lavin only has one real recruiting class unde his belt and landed most of the guys he went after. 

Polee gone. Sampson,Pelle,Nuri,Gathers,Wood,Jevon Thomas. etc

MCNPA

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2012, 09:08:32 AM »

Do you want a shooter?

Yes, I want shooters.

Wood and Jevon not qualifying for 12'.  There are other issues with Jevon that you obviously don't know about.   Gathers, well, i wont go there but it was out of our hands.  Sampson likely to be here next year.  Polee's pops an issue.  We also landed some great kids like branch, Greene, Harrison, Garrett, pointer, Gift, Harkless.   There will be more.  ALL teams have these types of issues.  This is part of a recruiting game that goes on everywhere.  Youjust don't seem to realize it.  It's compounded by us having to replace too many players at once.  With 12 open ships, you need to recruit at least 3 guys for each ship and there'll be plenty of strikeouts.. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:09:19 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2012, 09:14:34 AM »

Do you want a shooter?

Yes, I want shooters.

Wood and Jevon not qualifying for 12'.  There are other issues with Jevon that you obviously don't know about.   Gathers, well, i wont go there but it was out of our hands.  Sampson likely to be here next year.  Polee's pops an issue.  We also landed some great kids like branch, Greene, Harrison, Garrett, pointer, Gift, Harkless.   There will be more.  ALL teams have these types of issues.  This is part of a recruiting game that goes on everywhere.  Youjust don't seem to realize it.  It's compounded by us having to replace too many players at once.  With 12 open ships, you need to recruit at least 3 guys for each ship and there'll be plenty of strikeouts.. 
[/quote

Oh I get it. BUt do you remember when all these guys signed. I think about 6 out of the 9 we were worried about being eligible. 3 we sent to Rise. Who sent them there?

MCNPA

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2012, 09:17:49 AM »
Rise was abad choice.  I certainly agree there.  Should have split the kids up at Nepsac schools IMO.  I don't know who made that the decision, but I think collectively it was a bad one and he staff knows that.

Marillac

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2012, 09:24:38 AM »
Baldi are you a fan of this program?  You. Ever post anything positive about STJ.  Rise was a mistake, but it was a safe bet until this summer.  If all three kids didn't go there, we would have been fine.  Hindsight is 20/20. 

sju89tr

« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2012, 09:29:20 AM »
Rise was abad choice.  I certainly agree there.  Should have split the kids up at Nepsac schools IMO.  I don't know who made that the decision, but I think collectively it was a bad one and he staff knows that.

I think the issue was that there were not many options for summer classes to get these kids qualified.

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2012, 09:29:56 AM »
Baldi are you a fan of this program?  You. Ever post anything positive about STJ.  Rise was a mistake, but it was a safe bet until this summer.  If all three kids didn't go there, we would have been fine.  Hindsight is 20/20. 

Lance Stephenson got eligible, the guy is dumber than my sneaker

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2012, 09:31:18 AM »

IVe been the most positive poster on these sites for years. Until this nonsense

paultzman

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2012, 05:17:09 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: RT @JucoRecruiting: Steve Lavin and Tony Chiles will be in California to watch Brandon Parga of Citrus College tonight.”

Marillac

« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2012, 05:24:31 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: RT @JucoRecruiting: Steve Lavin and Tony Chiles will be in California to watch Brandon Parga of Citrus College tonight.”

I wouldn't mind getting both Parga and his back court mate. A combined 38 ppg from the best JuCO team in Cali to be our scoring pop off the bench?  Yes please.

Moose

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2012, 05:25:12 PM »

I wouldn't mind getting both Parga and his back court mate. A combined 38 ppg from the best JuCO team in Cali to be our scoring pop off the bench?  Yes please.

You love Juco's
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2012, 05:28:52 PM »
FWIW RT, Juco blogger noted above loves Parga.

Marillac

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2012, 05:44:49 PM »

You love Juco's

Lol I do to fill in voids.  Look at the job Scooter Merrill does year in and year out at Utah State dealing almost exclusively with jucos and transfers.  Parga's teammate, James Walker, who I alluded to above, actually transferred from Utah State.  He averaged 10 mpg at PG for a 30-4 tournament team ranked in the top 25.  The writeups say he butted heads with Morrill and decided to leave.  I wonder if Leaves with some interest in both?   

Moose

« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2012, 06:11:18 PM »

You love Juco's

Lol I do to fill in voids.  Look at the job Scooter Merrill does year in and year out at Utah State dealing almost exclusively with jucos and transfers.  Parga's teammate, James Walker, who I alluded to above, actually transferred from Utah State.  He averaged 10 mpg at PG for a 30-4 tournament team ranked in the top 25.  The writeups say he butted heads with Morrill and decided to leave.  I wonder if Leaves with some interest in both?   

I agree Juco's are great to plug holes and I want Parga based on his size and shot.
I get scared of small Juco guards who fill it up tho.  For every Hardy there is a guy you never hear from.
Remember who broke the Slice news