In Honor of Fab Melo.. this Sat's chant should be...

• 138 replies
In Honor of Fab Melo.. this Sat's chant should be...
« on: February 03, 2012, 12:17:28 PM »
SUNY-CUSE...SUNY-CUSE.....SUNY-CUSE

Re: In Honor of Fab Melo.. this Sat's chant should be...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 12:18:28 PM »
Stole it from another poster on this site who shall remain nameless.. ;D

kob24

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 12:53:37 PM »
they are gonna out number us by ALOT

Moose

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 12:54:19 PM »

Is there any way they can be refused entry :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 01:03:54 PM »
Is there any way they can be refused entry

What the program should have entertained is playing them at Louie arena instead of the Garden. Would at least keep it as a home game that way.

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 01:06:18 PM »
Who is Poison rooting for. LOL Just kidding Poison

Moose

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 01:08:47 PM »
Is there any way they can be refused entry

What the program should have entertained is playing them at Louie arena instead of the Garden. Would at least keep it as a home game that way.

I'd play them there next year for sure.

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 01:25:28 PM »

I hear ya.. the school has to step it up with more creativity.. esp. for big games like this.. I would personally DONATE $$ to a fund that would go towards student transportation and tickets to have MSG filled with RED...

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 03:03:32 PM »

This is America. $$$$$

Moose

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 03:08:57 PM »

This is America. $$$$$

Last I heard we don't receive money from concessions, so why create a hostile home enviornment and just play them on campus next year, especially since they are leaving the BE and most of all because their fans are pretty much the biggest (rhymes with bricks) in the BE>

desco80

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 03:46:58 PM »

This is America. $$$$$

Last I heard we don't receive money from concessions, so why create a hostile home enviornment and just play them on campus next year, especially since they are leaving the BE and most of all because their fans are pretty much the biggest (rhymes with bricks) in the BE>

We're not going to play our biggest home game on campus.  UCONN, Cuse, Georgetown have all drawn very well at MSG for years.... why would the administration change policy now?   Because Cuse is leaving the Big East? 

Sorry, if Cuse is leaving the Big East and we won't see them for awhile, I'd rather play them at the garden in a big atmosphere.  Even if that means a split crowd. 

Poison

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 03:49:26 PM »
I would not be surprised if he's never actually attended a class at Syracuse.

That said, the students should let him have it. Will they?

Poison

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 03:51:58 PM »

This is America. $$$$$

I've thought that and suggested it, but recruits need to see us play in MSG. And our players want to play their biggest games on a bigger stage.
WV outnumbered us as well. We took them out of the game by outplaying them.

If we win, it won't matter how many SU fans are there. It's time for the excuses to stop, and St.John's to take Syracuse down. Next year is tomorrow.

Moose

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 04:01:22 PM »

This is America. $$$$$

We're not going to play our biggest home game on campus.  UCONN, Cuse, Georgetown have all drawn very well at MSG for years.... why would the administration change policy now?   Because Cuse is leaving the Big East? 

Sorry, if Cuse is leaving the Big East and we won't see them for awhile, I'd rather play them at the garden in a big atmosphere.  Even if that means a split crowd. 

We pissed off Gonzo after he made MSG remarks by playing him in Queens, no?

Sorry but this isn't a policy issue.  No STJ fan should be annoyed if we did this.  Only ppl this will piss off is Cuse fans who have no shot in hell of getting tickets on campus.

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 04:04:50 PM »
The chant should be....HIT THE BOOKS---  HIT THE BOOKS--HIT THE BOOKS
                                                              or
                                    GED----GED----GED

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 04:19:08 PM »
                                                              or
                                    GED----GED----GED

whatever it is there needs to be something. Only 2 other teams i despise more than cuse in all of sports...

Top 3:
CUSE
Redsox
ManU

Poison

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 04:31:17 PM »
                                                              or
                                    GED----GED----GED

whatever it is there needs to be something. Only 2 other teams i despise more than cuse in all of sports...

Top 3:
CUSE
Redsox
ManU

You hate Cuse more than you hate Uconn and Duke? Please explain? Syracuse doesn't compete with us for recruits, or at least hasn't since Adrian Autry, and they've never knocked us out of the dance. The reason why they beat us now has nothing to do with them, and everything to do with St.John's University and their level of effort.

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 04:46:43 PM »

Split crowd? If Cuse / SJU at the Garden is your idea of a split I would love to split a big poker pot with you

desco80

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 05:14:01 PM »

This is America. $$$$$

We pissed off Gonzo after he made MSG remarks by playing him in Queens, no?

Sorry but this isn't a policy issue.  No STJ fan should be annoyed if we did this.  Only ppl this will piss off is Cuse fans who have no shot in hell of getting tickets on campus.

And I'm telling you, it would annoy me.  I'd still attend the game in Queens obviously.  But I believe one of the ways we increase our attendance is by playing big games at the garden and winning them.  It draws more attention and spotlight on the team.

If we had played Cuse at the end of last season, rather than in January, it would have been a totally different crowd.  Think about that..
If the Pitt and Syracuse games had been reversed on last year's schedule, you can't tell me that wouldn't have made for a great atmosphere. 

I just feel that if we only have one or two more games left against Syracuse, then I'd like to see them at msg.  And, I just hope that we build momentum this season and next so that our fan base is out in full force.

desco80

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 05:17:25 PM »
Cuse is one of the few opponents we have that is capable of producing a sell-out at the garden, and a special atmosphere for our team/players.   Under the right conditions I think UCONN, Georgetown, and to a lesser extent Villanova could as well.  But they'd have to be ranked, we'd have to be ranked etc etc.

But if we have momentum, and our fan base is excited, like it was towards the end of last season; a positive crowd is possible against Syracuse as well.