Trivante Bloodman - G - Olney Central College - Bronx, NY - MISSISSIPPI ST.

• 62 replies

paultzman

Re: Trivante Bloodman - G - Olney Central College - Bronx, NY
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 12:17:11 PM »
Assistant Coach opinion after inquiry if Johnnies were serious about him.

“@CoachMatic: @rgsaunders1 great pg most of the country is serious about him.

Granted this is a coach's opinion, but stock seems up. Potential recruitment consistent with cr green's description of Lavin pursuing many players with same position.

Marillac

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 01:07:59 PM »
That is not a very impressive video with the exception of what he does in the red "champs" shirt--looks like a completely different player there.  He looks closer to 5'9 than 6'0 LOL.

This is no Dwight Hardy.

paultzman

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 10:47:01 AM »
“@AdamZagoria: Point Guard Trivante Bloodman Drawing Looks http://t.co/TJe1oFuT #stjbb @CoachMatic”

MCNPA

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »
I have no problem with a JC guard, even if undersized.  We have Branch and Greene, but Greene will, likely share more time at SG.  We have tons of space right now, so our needs are at a lot of areas.  We literally could recruit another team and just fill our ships. Plenty of space...  It looks like a Nate blue kid, so could help if we are interested. 

Moose

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2012, 11:41:45 AM »
I have no problem with a JC guard, even if undersized.  We have Branch and Greene, but Greene will, likely share more time at SG.  We have tons of space right now, so our needs are at a lot of areas.  We literally could recruit another team and just fill our ships. Plenty of space...  It looks like a Nate blue kid, so could help if we are interested. 

But he would be same class as everyone else.  That isn't good from a schollie standpoint.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2012, 11:47:07 AM »

But he would be same class as everyone else.  That isn't good from a schollie standpoint.

Good point

gman

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 12:17:53 PM »

Mike was spot on posting that last week.  But less of an issue with Mo and D Lo looking to go pro early. 

MCNPA

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2012, 12:23:41 PM »

I'm not certain he's a real option for us anyway.  Just saying we have room.  I don't think Moe will be here for 4. 

Moose

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2012, 12:24:37 PM »

I'm not certain he's a real option for us anyway.  Just saying we have room.  I don't think Moe will be here for 4. 

I don't either.  But its very possible Dee, Phil and Jamal are all leaving at same point.
Remember who broke the Slice news

ras

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2012, 12:48:28 PM »
I was under the impression that there are great PGs in the 2013 class that are really interested in us. I say go after a shooter.
 Of course a couple of bigs are mandatory.

MCNPA

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2012, 12:56:03 PM »
I was under the impression that there are great PGs in the 2013 class that are really interested in us. I say go after a shooter.

I'd take that Carlos Morris kid, Sampson and Obekpa and I'm more than good.

paultzman

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2012, 12:57:19 PM »
In any event, the next few weeks on the recruiting end will be fun and quite productive IMO.

paultzman

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2012, 12:59:02 PM »

From your mouth to Lapchick 1's ears Marcus!

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 01:38:38 PM »

Would be ecstatic if thats who we ended up with. Pretty much the dream class right there.

ras

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2012, 02:49:03 PM »

Ive been thinking the same thing. Thats the best case scenario of the recruits we know about. Of course Ill take the Center from SMU if theres a coaching change. Bernardi would be nice too, but he has Harrison in front of him here. Maybe Im getting greedy.

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2012, 03:04:07 PM »
The kid looks fine to me.  A perfect complement to Branch.  Then you have Greene and D Lo at the 2 and off we go. We've been needing a sub 6 footer with a shot forever.  Sign him up.

boo3

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2012, 03:16:46 PM »
 Kid has a great name also.  :)

LJSA

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2012, 03:59:38 PM »
The kid looks fine to me.  A perfect complement to Branch.  Then you have Greene and D Lo at the 2 and off we go. We've been needing a sub 6 footer with a shot forever.  Sign him up.

Why would we need a sub-6-footer? This isn't the women's team.

desco80

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2012, 05:14:56 PM »
ESPN apparently doesn't know who Jamal Branch is ...  (from ESPN Insider story entitled "SJU searching for a point guard")

"SJU's interest in the 6-foot-2 guard is significant, since the Johnnies will need perimeter help next season. In 2012, SJU has relied on D'Angelo Harrison and Phil Greene (as well as Moe Harkless at times) to initiate the offense but it is clear the squad needs to bolster their depth."

"How could SJU use Bloodman? If the guard did commit to the Big East school, Lavin and company could shift Harrison off the ball, and slide Bloodman into the point spot"

Other than that they just quote the Zags article.    Think Bloodman is getting more hype than is probably deserved.  I think the staff is focused on bigger fish.
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/features/rumors/_/date/20120303#6837

kjd01067

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2012, 05:20:39 PM »
ESPN apparently doesn't know who Jamal Branch is ...  (from ESPN Insider story entitled "SJU searching for a point guard")

"SJU's interest in the 6-foot-2 guard is significant, since the Johnnies will need perimeter help next season. In 2012, SJU has relied on D'Angelo Harrison and Phil Greene (as well as Moe Harkless at times) to initiate the offense but it is clear the squad needs to bolster their depth."

"How could SJU use Bloodman? If the guard did commit to the Big East school, Lavin and company could shift Harrison off the ball, and slide Bloodman into the point spot"

Other than that they just quote the Zags article.    Think Bloodman is getting more hype than is probably deserved.  I think the staff is focused on bigger fish.
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/features/rumors/_/date/20120303#6837

Remember Branch can't play 1st semester