Thaddeus Hall - SG - Thomas Jefferson - Brooklyn, NY - SOUTH CAROLINA

• 244 replies
Re: Thaddeus Hall - SG - Thomas Jefferson - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2012, 07:16:54 PM »
Boys beats Jefferson by 4 to win 3rd straight. Hall with a quiet 17. Replay is on tomorrow morning on MSG varsity if anyone is interested in watching.
How do you think Hall looked overall? Was truck guarding him?

I didn't see the game because I couldn't get my MSG varsity to stream. Instead I followed it through a play by play chat room . Apparently Fludd and Hall were guarding each other some of the time . Both had quiet 17 points. Rashard Andrews had like 25. 5for 5 from downtown .
Damn when you can find a chatroom for that game we know you are a hardcore hoops fan ( we knew anyway but thats impressive ).

Was Baldi on that board also promoting Iona? lol
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:17:26 PM by mjmaherjr »

Happy

« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2012, 07:32:55 PM »
Boys beats Jefferson by 4 to win 3rd straight. Hall with a quiet 17. Replay is on tomorrow morning on MSG varsity if anyone is interested in watching.

I didn't see the game because I couldn't get my MSG varsity to stream. Instead I followed it through a play by play chat room . Apparently Fludd and Hall were guarding each other some of the time . Both had quiet 17 points. Rashard Andrews had like 25. 5for 5 from downtown .
Damn when you can find a chatroom for that game we know you are a hardcore hoops fan ( we knew anyway but thats impressive ).

Lol no sign of Baldi.. I woke up late or I would have went to the garden .. I had to find a way to follow this game.  Next up for Boys and Girls.. The CHSAA champ St Raymond's . I'm a Bronx guy .. So I'm going for Ray's.. but Boys can win this game.

« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2012, 08:53:37 PM »

Lol no sign of Baldi.. I woke up late or I would have went to the garden .. I had to find a way to follow this game.  Next up for Boys and Girls.. The CHSAA champ St Raymond's . I'm a Bronx guy .. So I'm going for Ray's.. but Boys can win this game.

Hell if St Johns does want him,Would love Fludd up in New Rochelle. Happy any Iona recruits in those games?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 08:54:39 PM by Marco Baldi »

Moose

« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2012, 11:30:11 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high-school/thaddeus-hall-scores-17-points-psal-class-aa-title-game-orange-wave-beaten-boys-girls-championship-article-1.1041387

“I feel we got cheated,” said Hall, who was sobbing after the game. “We weren’t getting the calls.”

This may not be the last time Hall plays in the Garden, however. His recruiting process is heating up, and Hall has said he is leaning toward committing to St. John’s. 
Remember who broke the Slice news

Happy

« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2012, 09:47:44 AM »
Hall playing right now on MSG varsity.  I thought it started at 10.  Still a half left if you want to check it out .

Chilleb

« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2012, 09:54:47 AM »
Hall playing right now on MSG varsity.  I thought it started at 10.  Still a half left if you want to check it out .
What channel?

Happy

« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2012, 09:56:49 AM »

Hell if St Johns does want him,Would love Fludd up in New Rochelle. Happy any Iona recruits in those games?

Fludd would be tremendous for Iona .. I like Rashard Andrews a lot and he is a Adelphi commit ( what a steal ).  Jaquan Lynch is a junior and he could be a Iona type kid if he continues to get better.

sju89tr

« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2012, 09:57:27 AM »

Would like to get his commitment and see if he can qualify, it is nice to pluck the best city kid each year despite the fact that the PSAL is not what it was 10-20 years ago

Happy

« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2012, 09:58:02 AM »
What channel?

MSG varsity.

« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2012, 09:54:34 AM »
Thaddeus Hall:
TCU JUST OFFER ME #LETGOO KEEP THEM COMING BIG 12

pmg911

« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2012, 09:53:47 AM »
Would like to get his commitment and see if he can qualify, it is nice to pluck the best city kid each year despite the fact that the PSAL is not what it was 10-20 years ago

I don't think the talent level in the PSAL is any different but the good players in thePSAL just don't stay in the schools anymore because so many of them are academic disasters after their Sophomore year of school.

Also, the talent is spread out much more thinly in the PSAL then it used to be. There are probably twice as many high schools as there were 20 years ago.

Moose

« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2012, 09:54:49 AM »

Also, the talent is spread out much more thinly in the PSAL then it used to be. There are probably twice as many high schools as there were 20 years ago.

More schools?  Really?

Chilleb

« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2012, 10:11:55 AM »

I don't think the talent level in the PSAL is any different but the good players in thePSAL just don't stay in the schools anymore because so many of them are academic disasters after their Sophomore year of school.

Best player by far in the psal is Jordan Washington. It's not even close. After that I see a bunch of low to mid -major players and a few of them who could eventually be marginal players in the big east. And although there are more schools the power houses are still the power houses just with less talent than there used to having.

sju89tr

« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2012, 10:17:28 AM »

Best player by far in the psal is Jordan Washington. It's not even close. After that I see a bunch of low to mid -major players and a few of them who could eventually be marginal players in the big east. And although there are more schools the power houses are still the power houses just with less talent than there used to having.

I bet it is that way in every major inner city across america

derk

« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2012, 11:04:40 AM »

More schools?  Really?

More schools as schools close and are replaced by 2 -3 charter schools that function out of the same building. Not sure that the amount of talent is the same, but definitely more schools. Has more to do with kids going to prep schools and other schools in the surrounding area.

Moose

« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2012, 11:10:29 AM »

More schools?  Really?

More schools as schools close and are replaced by 2 -3 charter schools that function out of the same building. Not sure that the amount of talent is the same, but definitely more schools. Has more to do with kids going to prep schools and other schools in the surrounding area.

But do these charter schools have teams?

Chilleb

« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2012, 11:35:38 AM »

More schools?  Really?

These charter schools that are opening aren't harboring any major talent. The talent continues to go to the traditional powerhouses. (Lincoln , Cardozo , boys and girls etc) . I'll use moe harkless as an example a kid who never had academic issues but left a psal program in forest hills to go to south kent to prepare him self for high level basketball because the talent in the psal is not good enough to prepare anyone for high level division 1 basketball. And for that matter NYC as a whole, and that's why u see mater dei beating Christ the king senseless on national television. That would have never happened a decade ago.

Moose

« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2012, 11:39:16 AM »

More schools?  Really?

These charter schools that are opening aren't harboring any major talent. The talent continues to go to the traditional powerhouses. (Lincoln , Cardozo , boys and girls etc) . I'll use moe harkless as an example a kid who never had academic issues but left a psal program in forest hills to go to south kent to prepare him self for high level basketball because the talent in the psal is not good enough to prepare anyone for high level division 1 basketball. And for that matter NYC as a whole, and that's why u see mater dei beating Christ the king senseless on national television. That would have never happened a decade ago.

I love a little history lesson.  When did NEPSAC schools start nabbing all the NYC talent?  When did the mass exodus of NYC begin and what caused it?

Happy

« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2012, 11:43:17 AM »

Chile,,  While I am a fan of Jordan's game.. He plays nobody in the Psal B division.. Pretty bold statement to say he is the best in Psal when players like Whitehead play better comp on a game to game basis.

Chilleb

« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2012, 11:55:30 AM »

Chile,,  While I am a fan of Jordan's game.. He plays nobody in the Psal B division.. Pretty bold statement to say he is the best in Psal when players like Whitehead play better comp on a game to game basis.
hes 6'7 225. hes a manchild. his body of work on the aau circuit was excellent 1st team all tourney in almost every tournament and a couple mvp's playing with new heights. he played a strong non-conference schedule this year schools including boys and girls and against Long island lutheran i saw him in person give the kid kenton facey 33 and 20 boards. he did that while being tremendously out of shape. the kids potential is sky high hes out of shape and isnt diciplined, now if he adds that hes gonna be special. whitehead is number 2 no doubt about it but he hasnt begun to dominate games. Jordan makes his presence felt whenever hes on the court no matter who he plays.