Thaddeus Hall - SG - Thomas Jefferson - Brooklyn, NY - SOUTH CAROLINA

• 244 replies

Chilleb

Re: Thaddeus Hall - SG - Thomas Jefferson - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2012, 11:57:26 AM »
Would like to get his commitment and see if he can qualify, it is nice to pluck the best city kid each year despite the fact that the PSAL is not what it was 10-20 years ago

I don't think the talent level in the PSAL is any different but the good players in thePSAL just don't stay in the schools anymore because so many of them are academic disasters after their Sophomore year of school.

Also, the talent is spread out much more thinly in the PSAL then it used to be. There are probably twice as many high schools as there were 20 years ago.
Best player by far in the psal is Jordan Washington. It's not even close. After that I see a bunch of low to mid -major players and a few of them who could eventually be marginal players in the big east. And although there are more schools the power houses are still the power houses just with less talent than there used to having.

Chile,,  While I am a fan of Jordan's game.. He plays nobody in the Psal B division.. Pretty bold statement to say he is the best in Psal when players like Whitehead play better comp on a game to game basis.
hes 6'7 225. hes a manchild. his body of work on the aau circuit was excellent 1st team all tourney in almost every tournament and a couple mvp's playing with new heights. he played a strong non-conference schedule this year schools including boys and girls and against Long island lutheran i saw him in person give the kid kenton facey 33 and 20 boards. he did that while being tremendously out of shape. the kids potential is sky high hes out of shape and isnt diciplined, now if he adds that hes gonna be special. whitehead is number 2 no doubt about it but he hasnt begun to dominate games. Jordan makes his presence felt whenever hes on the court no matter who he plays.
also to add to the reason on why he plays in the b division is because he has a learning deficit which dosent make him a candidate for a traditional public school. so he goes to pathways to get the extra attention he needs in the classroom

« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2012, 12:00:21 PM »
I love a little history lesson.  When did NEPSAC schools start nabbing all the NYC talent?  When did the mass exodus of NYC begin and what caused it?

Very good questions.

I would like to have Hall on the team.

Chilleb

« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2012, 12:04:13 PM »

Also, the talent is spread out much more thinly in the PSAL then it used to be. There are probably twice as many high schools as there were 20 years ago.

More schools?  Really?

More schools as schools close and are replaced by 2 -3 charter schools that function out of the same building. Not sure that the amount of talent is the same, but definitely more schools. Has more to do with kids going to prep schools and other schools in the surrounding area.

But do these charter schools have teams?
These charter schools that are opening aren't harboring any major talent. The talent continues to go to the traditional powerhouses. (Lincoln , Cardozo , boys and girls etc) . I'll use moe harkless as an example a kid who never had academic issues but left a psal program in forest hills to go to south kent to prepare him self for high level basketball because the talent in the psal is not good enough to prepare anyone for high level division 1 basketball. And for that matter NYC as a whole, and that's why u see mater dei beating Christ the king senseless on national television. That would have never happened a decade ago.

I love a little history lesson.  When did NEPSAC schools start nabbing all the NYC talent?  When did the mass exodus of NYC begin and what caused it?

great question because guys like sebastian telfair, showtime, and rafer alston would have never in a million years elected to leave thier beloved schools for some factory in the middle of a burb. i think this saga started as the AAU circuit became more prevalent, when the highschool coaches voices where being overshadowed by the aau coaches advice. The decline or lack of competition in nyc im sure had a bit to do with it along with exposure benifits but im sure not as much as having free room and board, free sneakers, playing a national schedule and a little pocket money from your new coach.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:04:42 PM by Chilleb »

Happy

« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2012, 12:06:28 PM »
Would like to get his commitment and see if he can qualify, it is nice to pluck the best city kid each year despite the fact that the PSAL is not what it was 10-20 years ago

I don't think the talent level in the PSAL is any different but the good players in thePSAL just don't stay in the schools anymore because so many of them are academic disasters after their Sophomore year of school.

Best player by far in the psal is Jordan Washington. It's not even close. After that I see a bunch of low to mid -major players and a few of them who could eventually be marginal players in the big east. And although there are more schools the power houses are still the power houses just with less talent than there used to having.

Chile,,  While I am a fan of Jordan's game.. He plays nobody in the Psal B division.. Pretty bold statement to say he is the best in Psal when players like Whitehead play better comp on a game to game basis.
hes 6'7 225. hes a manchild. his body of work on the aau circuit was excellent 1st team all tourney in almost every tournament and a couple mvp's playing with new heights. he played a strong non-conference schedule this year schools including boys and girls and against Long island lutheran i saw him in person give the kid kenton facey 33 and 20 boards. he did that while being tremendously out of shape. the kids potential is sky high hes out of shape and isnt diciplined, now if he adds that hes gonna be special. whitehead is number 2 no doubt about it but he hasnt begun to dominate games. Jordan makes his presence felt whenever hes on the court no matter who he plays.

I did say I was a fan... Giving that to Kenton isn't as impressive as facing top comp every game.  After all Facey ( who i like as well) is brand new to basketball and 200lbs on a day after he ate Burger king 12 times lol. 

Happy

« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2012, 12:08:55 PM »
If Hasaan can get back for AAU.. I believe he is gonna run with New Heights as well.. That's gonna be a good team . I want to see what guards are gonna run with them this season .

Chilleb

« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2012, 12:10:25 PM »

I did say I was a fan... Giving that to Kenton isn't as impressive as facing top comp every game.  After all Facey ( who i like as well) is brand new to basketball and 200lbs on a day after he ate Burger king 12 times lol.
lol yea man it was ugly he even had a front court mate that was bigger than him but none of them could handle jordan. ill tell you another kid to watch out for is taquan givens from mott haven highschool hes a sophomore who runs with the gauchos in the summer. he has iona written all over him hes got sum upside.

Chilleb

« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2012, 12:12:48 PM »
but as many negatives prep scool has in the culture of nyc basketball it has its positives. guys like melvin johnson who've been really good but undervalued would have never found them self on every top 100 list at this point if it wasnt for him leaving the city and electing to go to st benidicts prep

Happy

« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2012, 12:18:13 PM »

lol yea man it was ugly he even had a front court mate that was bigger than him but none of them could handle jordan. ill tell you another kid to watch out for is taquan givens from mott haven highschool hes a sophomore who runs with the gauchos in the summer. he has iona written all over him hes got sum upside.

I watched Givens at 2am play Bklyn colegiate on MSG varsity ( yea I don't sleep).  He didn't do much.. But u can tell he is a ball player.

Chilleb

« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2012, 12:23:54 PM »

I watched Givens at 2am play Bklyn colegiate on MSG varsity ( yea I don't sleep).  He didn't do much.. But u can tell he is a ball player.
lol how did you like the kid ervin mitchell?

Happy

« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2012, 12:30:49 PM »

lol how did you like the kid ervin mitchell?

I liked him. He was the leading scorer for BK.. Tough to tell because both teams were ehhh to me. But not bad.. He is another kid who is in desperate need for a protein shake lol

lihoop

« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2012, 09:35:36 AM »
I don't have access, but apparently Thaddeus indicated his college choice.

NYCHoops Jefferson wing Thaddeus Hall confesses college choice to kids. goo.gl/ogUB0 #boyshoops #ncaam #stjbb #rivals #psal

boo3

« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2012, 09:43:03 AM »
I don't have access, but apparently Thaddeus indicated his college choice.

NYCHoops Jefferson wing Thaddeus Hall confesses college choice to kids. goo.gl/ogUB0 #boyshoops #ncaam #stjbb #rivals #psal

Huh?

« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2012, 10:36:08 AM »
Zach Braziller of the NY Post tweeted a response...supposedly Thaddeus told some kids at at tournament yesterday that he was going to St. John's.

@NYPost_Brazille - @frankthegolfgod no scoop he told a few kids in passing he "probably go to st john's" when they asked where he was going to college

desco80

« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2012, 01:16:31 PM »
If this is to be believed, it's good news,.... but does that mean 2012 or 2013??

paultzman

« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2012, 01:20:38 PM »
Depends on his academics, IMO 2013 likely. We'll see.

« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2012, 06:25:03 PM »
Depends on his academics, IMO 2013 likely. We'll see.
if its 2013 that's even better.  It means that we spread out our prospects.

« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2012, 03:07:03 PM »
Thaddeus Hall
NEW COLLEGE OFFER ON MY BDAY K-STATE #KEEPTHEMCOMING

Moose

« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2012, 03:08:19 PM »
Thaddeus Hall

Does he know Martin is leaving? haha
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2012, 04:17:11 PM »
Thaddeus Hall

I think he's one of those kids that stretch the truth a bit about his recruitment and his list of suitors ala Isaiah Lewis. I find it very hard to believe on the eve of frank Martin getting ready to jump ship, him or any of his assistants would be handing out schollys

Moose

« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2012, 04:19:58 PM »
Thaddeus Hall

I think he's one of those kids that stretch the truth a bit about his recruitment and his list of suitors ala Isaiah Lewis. I find it very hard to believe on the eve of frank Martin getting ready to jump ship, him or any of his assistants would be handing out schollys

Difference between him and Lewis is at least Hall is picking 'regular' schools.  Lewis was naming Kentucky, Kansas, Florida LOL
Remember who broke the Slice news