Thaddeus Hall - SG - Thomas Jefferson - Brooklyn, NY - SOUTH CAROLINA

• 244 replies

Chilleb

Re: Thaddeus Hall - SG - Thomas Jefferson - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #180 on: April 05, 2012, 11:25:10 AM »
HEAD COACH FRANK MARTIN AND DAYTON HEAD COACHES COMING TO SEE ME WORK OUT TOMORROW #SEC/#A-10
Like ·  · Share · 9 hours ago ·
20 people like this.

Isaiah Whitehead South Carolina ?
9 hours ago · Like ·  1

Thaddeus Hall yeaa
9 hours ago · Like

Isaiah Whitehead LessEat Bro
9 hours ago · Like

Thaddeus Hall got yu cuse bound lo
9 hours ago · Like

Thaddeus Hall lol
9 hours ago · Like

Isaiah Whitehead Naa not even lol

Ok what is "LessEat Bro"  Anyone?
he's bigging him up . almost like congrats. " lets eat bro" is what hes saying.

Thanks Chilleb!
no doubt!

paultzman

« Reply #181 on: April 05, 2012, 07:58:19 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Also, Jefferson's Thaddeus Hall will visit South Carolina next weekend. New head coach Frank Martin was in to see him today. #boyshoops”

paultzman

« Reply #182 on: April 06, 2012, 12:40:26 PM »
Recruiting update on Hall, Obekpa, Sanchez. Also say Nolan recruitment real.

“@ECoastBias: St. John's recruiting update - Phillip Nolan, Thaddeus Hall, more #stjbb http://t.co/fEK88Tkx

ras

« Reply #183 on: April 06, 2012, 03:11:41 PM »
Article on SJ recruiting in Rumble in the garden. Nothing new. But it is interestind to note that Hall says he will qualify.

paultzman

« Reply #184 on: April 09, 2012, 07:12:14 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Miami will be in to see Jefferson's Thaddeus Hall this week. #boyshoops”

pmg911

« Reply #185 on: April 10, 2012, 07:44:06 AM »
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - lets move away from recruiting any academic risks after last years debacle.

Moose

« Reply #186 on: April 10, 2012, 08:40:46 AM »
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - lets move away from recruiting any academic risks after last years debacle.

So you don't want to take a risk on high reward guy like Chandler then?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Gumby

« Reply #187 on: April 10, 2012, 08:47:49 AM »
The problem with grades is who to believe.  As we know, recruits tend to expand the number and names of colleges actually recruiting them. They also tend to do the same with how they are doing in the class room.  We seem to have a mixed bag this season in regards to recruits having academic issues.

If Coach knew exactly which recruits would commit to us early in the process, he probably would avoid going after recruits with academic issues.  While I believe he has more inside information than we do, there are still some recruits on the fence.  So if Carlos goes to SC and we still need a SG, Thaddeus might be in Coach's sights, questionable grades and all.

Lets see who Coach reels in this week.  Academics, hopefully,  might not be an issue this year.

Moose

« Reply #188 on: April 10, 2012, 08:56:47 AM »
The problem with grades is who to believe.  As we know, recruits tend to expand the number and names of colleges actually recruiting them. They also tend to do the same with how they are doing in the class room.  We seem to have a mixed bag this season in regards to recruits having academic issues.

If Coach knew exactly which recruits would commit to us early in the process, he probably would avoid going after recruits with academic issues.  While I believe he has more inside information than we do, there are still some recruits on the fence.  So if Carlos goes to SC and we still need a SG, Thaddeus might be in Coach's sights, questionable grades and all.

Lets see who Coach reels in this week.  Academics, hopefully,  might not be an issue this year.

We don't NEED Thaddeus Hall right now IMO.  We can afford to take a risk on him and either have him make it and redshirt or not make it and prep because right now we have a surplus of guards who will be assuming most of the time at the 1, 2 and 3 positions.

For PMG as much as academic risks suck, I think we are better able to take that chance this year.

Poison

« Reply #189 on: April 10, 2012, 09:00:25 AM »
How can we say that we can take risks on academic problems when we still have to add one eligible big man?

Moose

« Reply #190 on: April 10, 2012, 09:02:41 AM »
How can we say that we can take risks on academic problems when we still have to add one eligible big man?

Because its going to happen.  In addition to another.  And depending on what you consider a big man maybe at third.

Ok?

Poison

« Reply #191 on: April 10, 2012, 09:23:13 AM »

Because its going to happen.  In addition to another.  And depending on what you consider a big man maybe at third.

Ok?

Well then, so much for a lesson well learned.

Moose

« Reply #192 on: April 10, 2012, 09:26:11 AM »

Ok?

I think you misunderstood my post.  You asked about adding and eligible big man.  I'm saying we get 2.  And possibly a 3rd depending on what/who you consider a big man.

PIB

« Reply #193 on: April 10, 2012, 09:31:21 AM »

Ok?

I think you misunderstood my post.  You asked about adding and eligible big man.  I'm saying we get 2.  And possibly a 3rd depending on what/who you consider a big man.

PC's finest: Big Mooose

I can't wait to see the class Lav brings in.

Poison

« Reply #194 on: April 10, 2012, 09:35:01 AM »
Sorry Moose. Gotchya.

Moose

« Reply #195 on: April 10, 2012, 09:36:26 AM »
Sorry Moose. Gotchya.

No worries as I struggle to express my points clearly sometimes.

So therefore with those pieces falling into place a risk on a local kid (since most of this board thinks we ignore locals) aint such a bad thing IMO.

paultzman

« Reply #196 on: April 10, 2012, 10:00:05 AM »
Sorry Moose. Gotchya.

No worries as I struggle to express my points clearly sometimes.

So therefore with those pieces falling into place a risk on a local kid (since most of this board thinks we ignore locals) aint such a bad thing IMO.

Precisely Moose!

pmg911

« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2012, 10:13:40 AM »

Chandler is out of basketball for a year and I am sure SJU has had a very good opportunity to evaluate his academics and make an informed decision about offering Chandler. The risk/reward with Chandler is his character and if the staff makes the decision to offer the kid, you have to trust their judgement on that front.

With Hall, there are massive question marks about him making the grade already. If you offer him and then he doesn't get thru Clearinghouse for September, we look like idiots...  AGAIN.

The program cut ties with Jevon because they knew he would not make the grades and they knew full well Darrick Wood wouldn't either.

« Reply #198 on: April 10, 2012, 02:14:02 PM »

Chandler is out of basketball for a year and I am sure SJU has had a very good opportunity to evaluate his academics and make an informed decision about offering Chandler. The risk/reward with Chandler is his character and if the staff makes the decision to offer the kid, you have to trust their judgement on that front.

With Hall, there are massive question marks about him making the grade already. If you offer him and then he doesn't get thru Clearinghouse for September, we look like idiots...  AGAIN.

The program cut ties with Jevon because they knew he would not make the grades and they knew full well Darrick Wood wouldn't either.

I understand your point Pat but respectfully disagree.  The ONLY reason it was such a big issue last year is you were recruiting an entire starting five so losing out was REALLY losing out.   Next year's starters are all qualified at the 1 through 4 and four legitimate players on the bench.  The staff needs to recruit a guaranteed qualifier at the 5 and then you have a 9 man rotation and can take a risk or two as you fill the balance of the roster, provided that risk comes with more than suitable potential reward.   Look at Kansas's situation last year with McLemore and Traylor.  Now of course with the big 12 rules they get to keep their partial qualifiers so its a little different but in the short term for 1 year they still took a similar gamble because they could based upon their depth and what the other options were that were available.  If Dwight, DJ and both JB's were coming back then the Jakarr, Amir, Norvel situation would have been a non-event.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 02:56:42 PM by yankcranker »

« Reply #199 on: April 10, 2012, 02:17:37 PM »

We have already offered him and so have others.  You don't get it.  You keep reliving the Sampson, Garrett, Pelle scenario.  It is not the same.  And trust me there are others.  We offered as did UCLA and Arizona St  Remy Barry in 2010 knowing full well he was a ??? mark to qualify.  So did the other two schools.  It did not hurt their reputation the least bit when he failed nor did it hurt SJU.