Thaddeus Hall - SG - Thomas Jefferson - Brooklyn, NY - SOUTH CAROLINA

• 244 replies
Re: Thaddeus Hall - SG - Thomas Jefferson - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2012, 07:43:31 AM »
On Wednesday following a press conference at the Garden for teams competing in the PSAL city championship, Hall told the Daily News that he is leaning toward playing basketball for St. John’s, which recently offered him a scholarship.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high-school/jefferson-senior-thaddeus-hall-leaning-playing-st-john-gains-eligibility-article-1.1039326

Chilleb

« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2012, 09:05:41 AM »
On Wednesday following a press conference at the Garden for teams competing in the PSAL city championship, Hall told the Daily News that he is leaning toward playing basketball for St. John’s, which recently offered him a scholarship.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high-school/jefferson-senior-thaddeus-hall-leaning-playing-st-john-gains-eligibility-article-1.1039326
i want morris and this is what i was pointing too when asking if morris was offered. we need at least two bigs but its looking like where gonna get 2 guards and 1 big

Moose

« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2012, 09:10:40 AM »
This is just guessing on my part.

But staff must like Hall more than Galan and can afford to wait.  If Hall qualifies this year and it takes until May or June to find out then great.  He joins the team then and we forget about SG position in 13 and focus on the Lawrence, Domingo and others in that class.  No impact on Morris at all IMO.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2012, 09:15:11 AM »

But staff must like Hall more than Galan and can afford to wait.  If Hall qualifies this year and it takes until May or June to find out then great.  He joins the team then and we forget about SG position in 13 and focus on the Lawrence, Domingo and others in that class.  No impact on Morris at all IMO.
ok that makes sense but if thats the case do you believe this becomes a 6 scholarship class then? because it would have to be that if we want to get the 2 bigs that we desperately need and that dave alluded too.

Moose

« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2012, 09:16:11 AM »

ok that makes sense but if thats the case do you believe this becomes a 6 scholarship class then? because it would have to be that if we want to get the 2 bigs that we desperately need and that dave alluded too.

I don't know honestly.  Just got all the faith in who the staff brings in.  It might be 6 if Moe leaves because we have another to work with.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2012, 09:17:23 AM »

I don't know honestly.  Just got all the faith in who the staff brings in.  It might be 6 if Moe leaves because we have another to work with.
knock on wood..

DFF6

« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2012, 09:25:05 AM »

knock on wood..

Maybe Hall would be redshirted if landed both Morris and Hall?  But I guess that wouldn't address the scholarship issue.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 09:27:19 AM by DFF6 »

« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2012, 09:32:57 AM »

knock on wood..

Maybe Hall would be redshirted if landed both Morris and Hall?  But I guess that wouldn't address the scholarship issue.

Hall doesn't impact Morris and he is almost certainly going to need another year and be reclassified to 2013.

MCNPA

« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2012, 09:42:09 AM »
People making a Bit too much of Hall recruitment effecting Morris.  For 2012 Morris is our primary target as a shooter.  If Hall was eligible he'd certainly be another target.  Right now there's no harm in showing Hall the love and offering.  Should he qualify then we have a spot for him.  If not, then he knows we're interested.  No lose for SJU here.   Let's just grab Morris and work on those 2 bigs.

paultzman

« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2012, 10:58:37 AM »

On point Moose!

« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2012, 01:03:54 PM »
PSAL championship game as been televised by MSG for many years but I don't see it listed on guide on TV screen. Anyone have any info as i would love to watch Hall.

paultzman

« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2012, 08:36:41 AM »

Thomas Jefferson's Thaddeus Hall and Boys & Girls' Leroy (Truck) Fludd have both guaranteed victory in Saturday's PSAL Class AA final.

“For whatever reasons, he’s been a Boys High killer since last year,” Jefferson coach Lawrence (Bud) Pollard said. “They seem to bring the best out of him.”
Fludd has enjoyed a remarkable season in his own right, leading the Kagnaroos back to the Garden as their only returning starter. He improved his jump shot over the summer and has remained a fierce rebounder and finisher, leading Brooklyn AA in points and rebounds during the regular season.
“He’s been there all year. I think he’s the Player of the Year in the PSAL,” Boys & Girls coach Ruth Lovelace said. “He doesn’t get credit, but also he’s guarding the best offensive player on the other team and he’s a constant on the boards. … He has the best all-around game [in the city].”
Hall feels he is in already in Fludd’s head, just by how much he is talking. Soft-spoken and somewhat reserved, Fludd has responded to Hall’s boasts, saying he can’t guard him and he should be Player of the Year no matter what happens.
“He’s doing it because I’m doing it,” Hall said. “That’s an advantage for me. He’s gonna try to guard me and he’s gonna get cooked again, like in the boroughs.”
Either way, history will be made at the Garden. Either Boys & Girls (23-6) will win its third straight title for the first time in program history or Jefferson will claim its first crown since 1954.
“We’ve come too far and been through too much to lose this game,” Hall said. “I know for a fact we’re gonna win this game.”
Make no mistake, the Hall and Fludd matchup will be the game inside the game, the two skilled wings matching up at both ends of the floor. But Boys High coach Lovelace said he won’t depend solely on Fludd to limit Hall. Rashad Andrews, a long 6-foot-4 forward, will see time on Hall, along with guards Tyliek Kimbrough and Wesley Myers.
“We’re not gonna change anything,” she said. “I’m not into gimmicky things. We have to play team defense. I think our defense last five, six games has really stepped up.”
The Kangaroos, indeed, have played exceptionally well on the defensive end in the postseason, holding stars such as Gompers’ Carlos Galan, South Shore’s Terrence Samuel and Shamiek Sheppard and Lincoln’s Isaiah Whitehead to well below their season averages.
Hall’s big performances, anyway, would’ve been moot had Boys High held onto large leads in the last two matchups, Lovelace said. Missed free throws and turnovers were the Kangaroos’ downfall.
“We didn’t close out those games,” she said.
Jefferson is a second half team. A large portion of its victories have been of the comeback variety. It was down eight points to Wings Academy in the second half in last Saturday’s PSAL Class AA semifinals and was four behind in the final minute before rallying for the dramatic victory, with Hall scoring five points in the final 7.7 seconds regulation.
Hall has been calling himself the best player in the city for a while, and he’s backed up that talk. He’s averaging over 27 points per game in six playoff contests, led Jefferson to its first Brooklyn AA and Brooklyn borough crowns and recently picked up scholarship offers from St. John’s, Maryland and Hofstra, among others.
“There’s not a player in the city better than him,” Jefferson coach Lawrence (Bud) Pollard said. “There’s nothing he can’t do right now.”
Fludd has the advantage of playing in the Garden before, each of the previous two years in fact, and knowing what to expect while this is a completely new experience for Hall

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/hall_fludd_party_head_to_head_in_SVfUkz5tr7Rme426D6eQeM#ixzz1pNQhBtx3
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 08:39:57 AM by paultzman »

Happy

« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2012, 08:59:54 AM »
PSAL championship game as been televised by MSG for many years but I don't see it listed on guide on TV screen. Anyone have any info as i would love to watch Hall.

MSG varsity

« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2012, 09:18:35 AM »
What part of Thaddeus Hall not being NCAA eligible don't you understand?

Happy

« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2012, 09:29:47 AM »

Who are you directing this question to ?

sju89tr

« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2012, 10:42:12 AM »

How can he not be eligible while he is still taking high school courses? Perhaps he can finish his core classes and get a qualifying SAT score. KInd of premature to say that.

paultzman

« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2012, 11:59:49 AM »

Idiotic comment. Everyone knows his academic challenges and  possibility SJU is willing to have him prep for a year.

Happy

« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2012, 02:23:54 PM »
Boys beats Jefferson by 4 to win 3rd straight. Hall with a quiet 17. Replay is on tomorrow morning on MSG varsity if anyone is interested in watching.

Chilleb

« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2012, 02:37:51 PM »
Boys beats Jefferson by 4 to win 3rd straight. Hall with a quiet 17. Replay is on tomorrow morning on MSG varsity if anyone is interested in watching.
How do you think Hall looked overall? Was truck guarding him?

Happy

« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2012, 02:42:22 PM »
How do you think Hall looked overall? Was truck guarding him?

I didn't see the game because I couldn't get my MSG varsity to stream. Instead I followed it through a play by play chat room . Apparently Fludd and Hall were guarding each other some of the time . Both had quiet 17 points. Rashard Andrews had like 25. 5for 5 from downtown .