Marco Bourgault - SF - Monroe CC - St. Malo, France - ST. JOHN'S

• 188 replies
Adam Zagoria ‏ @AdamZagoria

.@STJCoachLavin watched 6-9 Chris Obekpa and wing Felix Balamou last night and is watching Monroe College's Marco Bourgault tonight #stjbb
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 02:23:45 PM by jumpinjohnny »

Re: Marco Bourgault - SF - Monroe CC - St. Malo, France
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 09:23:08 PM »
6'6" and is shooting 41.5% from 3 on the season.

Moose

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 09:27:51 PM »
If he's watching Monroe wouldn't he be watching Orlando Sanchez too?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 09:31:44 PM »
Is beginning to bug me that where looking at all these nice sounding potential recruits but which ones have we offered? I know Lav and the staff have been out to see a number of recruits but who is he throwing the ships at? Besides Jakarr, obekpa and the ineligible Hall. Have we offered Morris? Bloodman? Parga? Etc

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 09:34:51 PM »
This is from a Zagsblog article in late December. 

“Marco is a great shooter; they really like him,” Joe Boncore, who trains Bourgault and helped bring him over from France, told SNY.tv. “He’s been going to Maryland in the summer [to train] the last three years.”

Bourgault, averaging 9.2 points and 3.6 rebounds for unbeaten Monroe (12-0), initially signed with Montana State in 2009, but was ruled ineligible by the NCAA. He then enrolled at Notre Dame Prep.

Bourgault, who also has interest from Iona and Florida International, would have three years of Division 1 eligibility remaining.

“He’s really interested in going to Maryland,” Boncore said. “They like him. Coach [Scott] Spinelli likes his intelligence on the court, that he can pass and shoot. He’s really got range.”

Bourgault is very close with Maryland big man Alex Len, the 7-foot-1 Ukrainian who was suspended the first 10 games of the season and becomes eligible Wednesday against Albany.

“Marco is very, very close friends with Alex Len and thats the connection,” Boncore said.

Bourgault also rooms with Sanchez, averaging 9.6 points and 7.0 rebounds.

“Since they are roommates and best friends they might go together if Orlando chooses there also,” Boncore said.

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 09:37:38 PM »
http://247sports.com/Player/Marco-Bourgault-17304

Sharpshooting guard with prototypical shooting guard size. Not a stellar athlete but known as a heady player who makes teammates better and can knock down the three-pointer. Native of France who committed to Montana originally but was ruled ineligible by the NCAA, prompting him to enroll at junior college.

Mentions ?maryland as the leader in January
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Moose

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 10:11:47 PM »
Is beginning to bug me that where looking at all these nice sounding potential recruits but which ones have we offered? I know Lav and the staff have been out to see a number of recruits but who is he throwing the ships at? Besides Jakarr, obekpa and the ineligible Hall. Have we offered Morris? Bloodman? Parga? Etc

Parga ship has sailed.  I think we have offered Morris.  Bloodman not sure.

Chilleb

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 10:24:44 PM »

Parga ship has sailed.  I think we have offered Morris.  Bloodman not sure.

Moes def not staying if we've only offered 1 more big.

LJSA

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 10:53:49 PM »

Moes def not staying if we've only offered 1 more big.

The staff envisions Sampson at PF and Obekpa at C. I think that's enough to make Harkless stay as long as he's no worse than 50-50 on staying. We wouldn't be huge, but good enough for the style we play. With so many ships available they may opt to bring in a tall project as well.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:54:33 PM by LJSA »

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 04:03:45 AM »
With the exception of Tony Parker, the French players are very, very overrated.

PIB

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 06:46:59 AM »

This -not a big fan of French basketball payers. The boom to bust ratio is pretty alarming.

Remember when the Knicks chose Frederic Weis( sp?), the Frech dude, over Artest  :idiot2:

Happy

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 07:44:16 AM »

Not sure if he is overrated or not... But Nicolas Batum for the Blazers is French and gonna be a real good player.. That kid is nice.

crgreen

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 10:59:12 AM »

This -not a big fan of French basketball payers. The boom to bust ratio is pretty alarming.

:idiot2:
Remember when the Knicks chose Frederic Weis( sp?), the Frech dude, over Artest 

Uh, we're recruiting for St. Johnns, NOT the freaking NBA.   I'd LOVE to go into the BE schedule next year with a 19 year old 7'2 260 lb Fredrick Weis at center!

PIB

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 05:52:17 AM »

:idiot2:
Remember when the Knicks chose Frederic Weis( sp?), the Frech dude, over Artest 

Uh, we're recruiting for St. Johnns, NOT the freaking NBA.   I'd LOVE to go into the BE schedule next year with a 19 year old 7'2 260 lb Fredrick Weis at center!

Gonzalo mentioned Tony Parker. He's in the NBA. I brought up Frederick Weis because as St. John's (and I'm assuming Knicks fans) people would be familiar with him. My point was to highlight the overrated French players.

Poison

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 08:04:49 AM »

You've got to be kidding. You know who else is very, very overrated? NYC kids.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 09:32:40 AM by Poison »

Moose

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 08:44:22 AM »
Currently there are 10 French born players in the NBA.  9 since one is Noah and some might not consider him French.  The other 9 are-

Nicolas Batum
Rodrigue Beaubois
Boris Diaw
Ian Mahinmi
Tony Parker
Johan Petro
Mickael Pietrus
Kevin Seraphin
Ronny Turiaf

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 11:58:44 AM »

You've got to be kidding. You know who else is very, very overrated? NYC kids.

Nicolas Batum averages 14 points, playing in a losing team (Portland).
Rodrigue Beaubois is averaging a career high 8.5 points with a not good team (Dallas).
Boris Diaw averages 9.7 points in his career. He has played playoffs 4 times in 8 years, so he has not played in very good teams.
Ian Mahinmi is averaging a career high 6.3 points and 4.7 rebounds with Dallas.
Johan Petro averages 4.7 in his career. He has only played in 2 playoffs in 6 years.
Mickael Pietrus was chosen 13th in 2003 draft. He has only scored more than 10 ppg in 1 season. He has only played in 3 playoffs in 8 years.
Kevin Seraphin is averaging a career high 3.7 points with the second worst NBA team (Washington).
Ronny Turiaf has averaged 5.2 points in his career.

Yes, they have some NBA players. But the French National Team never wins a championship, usually doesn´t play the Final Four (Olympic games, European Championship, World Championship).

I repeat it: they are very, very overrated. They are very physical and very athletics, but they don´t have any IQ, they don´t play a good basketball. Parker (and perhaps Batum) is the exception.

kjd01067

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 12:00:34 PM »
Alright enough with the stuff about French NBA players it has littler to nothing to do about Bourgault. Let's keep it on topic please

Marillac

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 12:44:57 PM »
Alright enough with the stuff about French NBA players it has littler to nothing to do about Bourgault. Let's keep it on topic please

Of course it does. 

kjd01067

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 01:02:58 PM »

Of course it does. 

How because every kid from France is comparable in basketball? What does how good of a player Tony Parker is have to do with Bourgault?  Listing every nba player from France has no relevance to st. John's recruitment of this player.