Marco Bourgault - SF - Monroe CC - St. Malo, France - ST. JOHN'S

• 188 replies
Re: Marco Bourgault - SF - Monroe CC - St. Malo, France - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #180 on: November 05, 2012, 09:09:05 PM »
So if it's just a matter of what year they are in and are eligible what difference does that make in terms of holding them out of the game saturday unless they had no eligibility left. In other words WTF.

MCNPA

« Reply #181 on: November 05, 2012, 11:54:49 PM »
With all that red tape he better have a shot as sweet as advertised.

If you didn't see his shot at midnight madness, he really does.  Kid has amazing stroke from outside.  I think he is a big addition for us and a kid who can bust zones for sure.

Moose

« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2012, 12:17:08 AM »

If you didn't see his shot at midnight madness, he really does.  Kid has amazing stroke from outside.  I think he is a big addition for us and a kid who can bust zones for sure.

What I love about our fans is he doesn't shoot like 40% from 3 they will all say he was overrated.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2012, 12:27:36 AM »

What I love about our fans is he doesn't shoot like 40% from 3 they will all say he was overrated.

Lol, true.  I thought his shot looked fantastic though.  Rainbows...

NYCoffey

« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2012, 07:42:22 AM »
Was just joking with my earlier comment. It just seems funny how much crap kids have to go through, even if their good students.
And I didn't get to see midnight madness, but I trust everyone's opinion on his shot. It will be real sweet next year when we add hooper as well. If DLo sticks around we will have 2 or 3 sharpshooters on the floor for most of the game.

Poison

« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2012, 08:00:10 AM »
So if it's just a matter of what year they are in and are eligible what difference does that make in terms of holding them out of the game saturday unless they had no eligibility left. In other words WTF.

That's why this doesn't add up. The NCAA is evil, we know that, but if they are harassing us for another reason, something needs to be done about that. There have to be some unemployed mobsters out there.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:01:55 AM by Poison »

sju89tr

« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2012, 08:59:23 AM »
Not poisitive but I think on Sept 10th he was probably cleared academically, but now they're reviewing how many years he is eligible for.

Correct.

Marco is peculiar case.  First off overseas player.  2nd he went to Montana but was never cleared because he was foreign and missing some requirements.  3rd went to prep school (and a sketchy one at that) in ND Prep.  4th went JUCO and missed a whole year with injury so only playing 1 of 2 years.

what's throwing me off is quotes like this from coach:
"With Marco and Orlando, we're waiting on a ruling regarding their eligibility and we expect to hear at some point in the next week or so"

Can you be "cleared by the ncaa" but not be "eligible"?  Maybe it's just semantics but is seems fishy to me

They are both cleared academically from what I understand. The question is years left. It is possible that the NCAA can rule that they have no years left. That is just a guess on my part why the staff cannot let them play.

I know from doing my own kids NCAA clearinghouse process that there is a section on the website that says, cleared to play academically at Div 1 2 or 3 but there is a separate tab that says you are able to compete at a Div 1 2 or 3.   

« Reply #187 on: November 16, 2012, 11:52:23 AM »
Declared at junior hope to see him on the court soon

« Reply #188 on: November 16, 2012, 11:59:16 AM »
Not poisitive but I think on Sept 10th he was probably cleared academically, but now they're reviewing how many years he is eligible for.

Correct.

Marco is peculiar case.  First off overseas player.  2nd he went to Montana but was never cleared because he was foreign and missing some requirements.  3rd went to prep school (and a sketchy one at that) in ND Prep.  4th went JUCO and missed a whole year with injury so only playing 1 of 2 years.

what's throwing me off is quotes like this from coach:
"With Marco and Orlando, we're waiting on a ruling regarding their eligibility and we expect to hear at some point in the next week or so"

Can you be "cleared by the ncaa" but not be "eligible"?  Maybe it's just semantics but is seems fishy to me

They are both cleared academically from what I understand. The question is years left. It is possible that the NCAA can rule that they have no years left. That is just a guess on my part why the staff cannot let them play.

I know from doing my own kids NCAA clearinghouse process that there is a section on the website that says, cleared to play academically at Div 1 2 or 3 but there is a separate tab that says you are able to compete at a Div 1 2 or 3.   

Remember this tweet in September from Marco:

“@Marco_Bourgault: I am CLEAR by the NCAA!!! Let's goooo”

This is not academics with either.