Marco Bourgault - SF - Monroe CC - St. Malo, France - ST. JOHN'S

• 188 replies

DFF6

Re: Marco Bourgault - SF - Monroe CC - St. Malo, France
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2012, 10:37:53 AM »
Based on what I read, I thought Maryland was almost a lock to get Bourgault.  Did Bourgault indicate that SJU is a possible school for him?

sju89tr

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2012, 10:59:02 AM »
We could take both.  We were woefully short this year and we could be losing Moe.  There still won't be overcrowding.  Can't have too many shooters.

Do not think we take both, it's one or the other

MCNPA

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2012, 11:05:19 AM »
We could take both.  We were woefully short this year and we could be losing Moe.  There still won't be overcrowding.  Can't have too many shooters.

Do not think we take both, it's one or the other

Agree.  Just saying it certainly is possible if staff feels strongly enough about them.  Certainly up to the staff to figure out which one they like better.  Both apparently good players.

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2012, 12:51:34 PM »
Sign him up-he never misses a shot (highlights) and he is already used to playing in empty arenas.

Chilleb

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2012, 01:06:34 PM »
Dangelo has to slowly but surely begin to transform his game into more of a lead guard role for the next level. Because if we where to have him on the ball with Morris and bourgalt on the wings defenses would have to pick their poisin.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 01:06:59 PM by Chilleb »

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2012, 02:10:29 PM »
Based on what I read, I thought Maryland was almost a lock to get Bourgault.  Did Bourgault indicate that SJU is a possible school for him?

Package deal to Maryland perhaps. Marco and Sanchez have same trainer/advisor, interestingly the same as Ice Asortse

DFF6

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2012, 02:15:31 PM »

Package deal to Maryland perhaps. Marco and Sanchez have same trainer/advisor, interestingly the same as Ice Asortse

Also understand that Bourgault and Alex Len are good friends, and that Bourgault trains at Maryland's facility in the offseason.  Heck, I put nothing past Lavin and his ability to recruit anyone, just didn't know if we have a legit shot at getting Bourgault if Maryland wants him too.

Moose

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2012, 02:22:49 PM »

Also understand that Bourgault and Alex Len are good friends, and that Bourgault trains at Maryland's facility in the offseason.  Heck, I put nothing past Lavin and his ability to recruit anyone, just didn't know if we have a legit shot at getting Bourgault if Maryland wants him too.

The Maryland article was from January, no?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2012, 02:33:51 PM »

Yeah it was, and he says his dream school was Maryland but only the little schools have bit at him. The article said Maryland likes him but never said they were pursuing him. We're the first big school to get involved with him. Seems lav is aiming at a plethora of undervalued talent this year. However his first get in Felix I think was excellent.

DFF6

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2012, 02:50:40 PM »

Yeah it was, and he says his dream school was Maryland but only the little schools have bit at him. The article said Maryland likes him but never said they were pursuing him. We're the first big school to get involved with him. Seems lav is aiming at a plethora of undervalued talent this year. However his first get in Felix I think was excellent.

Confirmed/Agreed with the above.  My point was that if Maryland wants him, our chances appear slim, but I wasn't sure if Maryland made an offer.

Moose

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2012, 02:57:51 PM »

Confirmed/Agreed with the above.  My point was that if Maryland wants him, our chances appear slim, but I wasn't sure if Maryland made an offer.

If that article was from January and they still haven't got him, then fair game. 

Purist can speak better but I think they are wrapped up for '12.  Holding for '13 with the Harrison twins.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:58:35 PM by Moose »

paultzman

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:45:34 PM by paultzman »

Gumby

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2012, 01:16:06 AM »
I figure I would move Marco's recruiting site up to the front, as he is one of our top six recruits being sought.  There has not been any action on Marco in about a month.  I guess we are all waiting until Marco and his team mate return from OR, along with Chris.

Moose

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2012, 02:39:37 AM »
I figure I would move Marco's recruiting site up to the front, as he is one of our top six recruits being sought.  There has not been any action on Marco in about a month.  I guess we are all waiting until Marco and his team mate return from OR, along with Chris.

Marco and Sanchez didn't go to Oregon

Gumby

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2012, 08:43:22 AM »
So I guess we may know which way they are headed, college-wise, by next week this time.

Moose

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2012, 08:44:36 AM »
So I guess we may know which way they are headed, college-wise, by next week this time.

Just to clarify they were never going to Oregon, only Obekpa was visiting there.  You might have mixed that up.

That being said STJ is the last visit for Marco and Orlando so soon after that we should hear.

PIB

« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2012, 08:56:19 AM »
Who else is recruiting Marco?

Outside of depth, I'm trying to understand how much value he can actually add to this club.

His numbers are pedestrian, at best.

I don't think everyone needs to be an all star, but he doesn't really impress me.

Moose

« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2012, 09:01:36 AM »
Who else is recruiting Marco?

Outside of depth, I'm trying to understand how much value he can actually add to this club.

His numbers are pedestrian, at best.

I don't think everyone needs to be an all star, but he doesn't really impress me.

Thats what should impress you most.  On a great Monroe team he was 5th option.  Behind Orlando, 2 guards who never met a shot they didn't like.  And a low post threat in Ndour.  He won't come in here expecting minutes like a Morris would or expect to be the main like he was in HS like a Hall.  Plus its a 2 year risk.  (I know he might have a 3rd year but no guarantee on his end or ours for that).  Maryland was hot after him. 

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »
This is why I have a hard time believing he'd come to St Johns. Minutes are not guaranteed and with Branch and Felix already on board, it's slim to none he gets off the bench. With 2 years left in his college eligibility, would he want to be a cheerleader?

sju89tr

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2012, 09:47:21 AM »
This is why I have a hard time believing he'd come to St Johns. Minutes are not guaranteed and with Branch and Felix already on board, it's slim to none he gets off the bench. With 2 years left in his college eligibility, would he want to be a cheerleader?

He would play ahead of Felix from the start, not saying that he would keep the spot in the rotation. The kid can shoot which is what we need.