Marco Bourgault - SF - Monroe CC - St. Malo, France - ST. JOHN'S

• 188 replies

derk

Re: Marco Bourgault - SF - Monroe CC - St. Malo, France
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2012, 04:13:51 PM »
Update on weekend visit w his buddy, Sanchez

“@AdamZagoria: Johnnies Hosting Key Visitors This Weekend http://t.co/i5cD4VGy #stjbb”
this could be bad if both bourgault and balamou commit and both sanchez and obekpa go elsewhere

Dont see that happening in regards to Sanchez. I don't think we land Obekpa.

Right on the money! Wild card is Chandler.

To be completely honest, I am not sure that the staff likes Obekpa as much as Chandler anyway, not getting around the grades issue with the NCAA. Not trying to sugar coat this but Chandler is a far more well rounded post player than Obekpa on the first day they would be freshman on a college campus.

+1
If he's eligible I want Chandler playing Center for us over all other possible options.

And has his head screwed on proper.

Marillac

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2012, 04:41:35 PM »
This is why I have a hard time believing he'd come to St Johns. Minutes are not guaranteed and with Branch and Felix already on board, it's slim to none he gets off the bench. With 2 years left in his college eligibility, would he want to be a cheerleader?

+1

Shooters seem to always find the floor.  We have no shooters besides Harrison, and Marco spoke about that.  He knows he could be that spot-up shooter we need and he seems to be very good in other areas.  He's seems like he has the kind of game that would do better at higher levels. 

gman

« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2012, 06:10:39 PM »
This is why I have a hard time believing he'd come to St Johns. Minutes are not guaranteed and with Branch and Felix already on board, it's slim to none he gets off the bench. With 2 years left in his college eligibility, would he want to be a cheerleader?

+1

Shooters seem to always find the floor.  We have no shooters besides Harrison, and Marco spoke about that.  He knows he could be that spot-up shooter we need and he seems to be very good in other areas.  He's seems like he has the kind of game that would do better at higher levels.

Unless he doesn't want to be just a spot up shooter. Which could mean he goes the mid major level

desco80

« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2012, 10:10:36 PM »

+1

Unless he doesn't want to be just a spot up shooter. Which could mean he goes the mid major level

Agreed.  I think the only way we don't get Bourgault this weekend is if he feels he won't play major minutes, AND he wants to go somewhere where he will get 15+ minutes   ala Louisiana Tech, whatever that is. 

desco80

« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2012, 11:14:38 PM »
Update on weekend visit w his buddy, Sanchez

“@AdamZagoria: Johnnies Hosting Key Visitors This Weekend http://t.co/i5cD4VGy #stjbb”
this could be bad if both bourgault and balamou commit and both sanchez and obekpa go elsewhere

Dont see that happening in regards to Sanchez. I don't think we land Obekpa.

Right on the money! Wild card is Chandler.

To be completely honest, I am not sure that the staff likes Obekpa as much as Chandler anyway, not getting around the grades issue with the NCAA. Not trying to sugar coat this but Chandler is a far more well rounded post player than Obekpa on the first day they would be freshman on a college campus.

+1
If he's eligible I want Chandler playing Center for us over all other possible options.

And has his head screwed on proper.

Also true.

crgreen

« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2012, 12:41:57 AM »

+1

Agreed.  I think the only way we don't get Bourgault this weekend is if he feels he won't play major minutes, AND he wants to go somewhere where he will get 15+ minutes   ala Louisiana Tech, whatever that is.

That would be the school that sent Karl Malone to the NBA.  Paul Milsap to the NBA.  PJ Brown, Randy White, Mike Green, Magnum Rolle......Also 53 NFL players including Terry Bradshaw...

Poison

« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2012, 08:17:01 AM »
Hey CR, should he also look at San Francisco and City College?

crgreen

« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2012, 10:03:08 AM »
Hey CR, should he also look at San Francisco and City College?

Sorry, D-1's rebounding champion in 2004, 2005 and 2006 and I don't get that reference.  I guess it's over my head, and he's too busy getting 17 pts and 9 boards a game for the Jazz this season to really think about it.....

SJU85

« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2012, 03:46:04 PM »
I am thinking with San Francisco he is referring to K.C. Jones, Bill Russell, Bill Cartwright and Quentin Daily,

Poison

« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2012, 04:43:55 PM »
I am thinking with San Francisco he is referring to K.C. Jones, Bill Russell, Bill Cartwright and Quentin Daily,

All that I'm saying is that I'm not afraid of Pepperdine anymore than I'm afraid of the 1989 Oakland A's, the 1992 UNLV Runnin Rebels or the 1986 Edmonton Oilers.

« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2012, 05:46:54 PM »
Even if Marco B hits one or two timely shots per game he can be a big help off the bench.

Moose

« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2012, 06:31:29 PM »
Even if Marco B hits one or two timely shots per game he can be a big help off the bench.

Exactly.  Give me two 3's a game and I'm ecstatic.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2012, 02:17:23 PM »
Committed to St.John's!

« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2012, 02:17:53 PM »
Just committed, would of rather had Hooper but hopefully this gets Sanchez on board. Welcome to the team Marco!

Moose

« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2012, 02:18:27 PM »
Just committed, would of rather had Hooper but hopefully this gets Sanchez on board. Welcome to the team Marco!

I've been told Marco doesn't necessarily exclude Hooper from coming.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2012, 02:22:51 PM »
Welcome aboard Marco!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2012, 02:25:10 PM »

I've been told Marco doesn't necessarily exclude Hooper from coming.

I believe that. Gotta get Sanchez now

gman

Re: Marco Bourgault - SF - Monroe CC - St. Malo, France - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2012, 02:26:34 PM »
Nice, IMO that we got Sanchez.  I don't think Lavin takes this kid unles it was a package deal.

« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2012, 02:27:38 PM »
Nice, IMO that we got Sanchez.  I don't think Lavin takes this kid unles it was a package deal.

We Got Sanchez too!!!!!

« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2012, 02:38:25 PM »
hope his shooting is as good as it's being said, hopefully will provide spark off the bench