Max Hooper - SF - Harvard Transfer - Irvine, CA - ST. JOHN'S

• 296 replies

sju89tr

Re: Max Hooper - SF - Harvard Transfer - Irvine, CA
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2012, 04:52:51 PM »
Hooper update.  Looks like it is between Oakland and SJU.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/04/13/harvard-transfer-hooper-considering-st-johns-oakland/

Gut feeling it will be Oakland, can't blame the kid if he wants to get major minutes but I do think he could evolve into a 20 minute a game guy at St Johns by his junior year

sju89tr

« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2012, 04:53:45 PM »
Interesting he said in his quote "at least" 3 years eligibility left, wonder if he applied for a red shirt for his freshman year 

Moose

« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2012, 04:59:14 PM »
Interesting he said in his quote "at least" 3 years eligibility left, wonder if he applied for a red shirt for his freshman year 

Still get 5 years to play 4 so nothing weird about 3 yrs left.  Same as Branch.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2012, 05:10:40 PM »
Hooper update.  Looks like it is between Oakland and SJU.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/04/13/harvard-transfer-hooper-considering-st-johns-oakland/

Gut feeling it will be Oakland, can't blame the kid if he wants to get major minutes but I do think he could evolve into a 20 minute a game guy at St Johns by his junior year

Thats gonna be a tough sell especially since he didn't even play this past year but we obviously have alot of advantages. I hope he makes his decision before Marco makes his

« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2012, 05:30:56 PM »

I think he meant maybe he would get a waiver for his 4th.  I'm not sure why so many are enamored by a guy that didn't see any time at Harvard.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2012, 05:38:53 PM »
Does anyone know why he didn't get any minutes at Harvard?  Something seems odd that he played 4 minutes total all year. Even the last guys on the bench would garner more minutes.  If he's eligible for next year he'd be my top shooter choice but appears like Marco is lead dog.

« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2012, 05:52:28 PM »

I think he meant maybe he would get a waiver for his 4th.  I'm not sure why so many are enamored by a guy that didn't see any time at Harvard.

Not sure on why he didn't get minutes but he can definitely play, would be perfect for us

ras

« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2012, 06:24:29 PM »

I was under the understanding that Branch looses a year and only has 2 1/2 years of eligibility after 1 st semester. Am I wrong?

Moose

« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2012, 08:23:22 PM »

I was under the understanding that Branch looses a year and only has 2 1/2 years of eligibility after 1 st semester. Am I wrong?

Branch is a sophomore next year.  He just can't play until 1st semester is over.

ras

« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2012, 10:47:25 PM »

Branch is a sophomore next year.  He just can't play until 1st semester is over.
He gets 4 years to play 3.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 10:51:32 PM by ras »

« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2012, 10:50:37 PM »

He gets 4 years to play 4, not 5
Wrong. Moose had it right. Entitled to a redshirt year and to play 4. 4 + 1 = 5 at least how I was taught in math.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 10:51:04 PM by Celtics11 »

ras

« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2012, 10:54:40 PM »

Wrong. Moose had it right. Entitled to a redshirt year and to play 4. 4 + 1 = 5 at least how I was taught in math.
That makes sense to me, but many posters say otherwise.

« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2012, 10:57:47 PM »
If Hooper signs, Bourgault would not be offered?

« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2012, 12:32:38 AM »

That makes sense to me, but many posters say otherwise.

Yes he's entitle to play 4 but this past season was #1, even though he only played first semester.  Next season is #2, even though he'll only play 2nd semester.  He'll have 2 full years after that.

Gumby

« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2012, 09:16:56 AM »
Max is certainly a mystery.  He seems to have a great outside shot, but only played a few minutes early in the season for Harvard.  And none of us know why.

Now we hear it is between Oakland (???) and us for his services.  Another mystery!  Having a potential recruit decide between us and the Golden Grizzlies, the tension is mounting.  That should be telling us much about Max.

I figured maybe Max wanted to go back to play near home, so I originally thought Oakland meant some school across the bay from SF, not Rochester, Michigan.

With his shot you would have thought SDS would have been all over him.

If Max is considering Oakland, is he up to the challenges of the Big East? 

He does have a super outside shot.

I think Coach has his sights on Bourgault for being his sharpshooter.

paultzman

« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2012, 10:24:26 AM »
Max is certainly a mystery.  He seems to have a great outside shot, but only played a few minutes early in the season for Harvard.  And none of us know why.

Now we hear it is between Oakland (???) and us for his services.  Another mystery!  Having a potential recruit decide between us and the Golden Grizzlies, the tension is mounting.  That should be telling us much about Max.

I figured maybe Max wanted to go back to play near home, so I originally thought Oakland meant some school across the bay from SF, not Rochester, Michigan.

Bourgault a better get and IMO will come with his buddy Sanchez.

« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2012, 12:49:11 PM »
Apparently JaKarr has been hanging out with Hooper this week and is "in his ear" about joining St. John's

derk

« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2012, 03:18:13 PM »

Oakland Mi. They alma mater of Lawrence Wright, the former runnerup for Michigan POY. Remember.

« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2012, 09:22:03 PM »
Can someone provide some clarity about why Hooper barely played at Harvard?

Moose

« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2012, 09:36:45 PM »
Can someone provide some clarity about why Hooper barely played at Harvard?

Nobody knows