Josiah Turner - PG - Arizona Transfer - Sacramento, CA - SMU

• 199 replies

Poison

Re: Josiah Turner - PG - Arizona Transfer - Sacramento, CA
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2012, 08:00:18 PM »
Jesus, you guys are way too tough on a teenager arrested for "suspicion" of DUI by campus police at the school he just publicly announced he was transferring from.  You mean to tell me you guys never drove a single time when you shouldn't have? 

He's under 21, and Arizona has a zero tolerance policy.  Consuming soy sauce could have done the trick...who knows.  Let he who has not driven with even a trace of alcohol in their system cast the first stone. 

Jayson Williams could he his student advisor. Thankfully, Jayson hasn't killed anyone while behind the wheel. Yet.

desco80

« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2012, 08:05:38 PM »
Jesus, you guys are way too tough on a teenager arrested for "suspicion" of DUI by campus police at the school he just publicly announced he was transferring from.  You mean to tell me you guys never drove a single time when you shouldn't have? 

He's under 21, and Arizona has a zero tolerance policy.  Consuming soy sauce could have done the trick...who knows.  Let he who has not driven with even a trace of alcohol in their system cast the first stone.

+1  people make mistakes.   

I don't mind saying it, I got a dwi myself, when I was younger.   It can be a wakeup call for some people who think it's fine to drive after a few drinks.    Hopefully Turner learns from this.   

Taken in context with everything else in his life, it might be a sign to back off.   I'll leave that up to Lavin.   But on it's own this incident shouldn't be the sole basis for how we judge Turner. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:13:23 PM by desco80 »

Moose

« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2012, 08:09:31 PM »

Maybe the reaction would be different if he didn't already have 8 strikes against him.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2012, 08:11:52 PM »

Maybe the reaction would be different if he didn't already have 8 strikes against him.

Hello!! Plus 100

« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2012, 08:13:43 PM »

Hello!! Plus 100

Exactly, duh....

You have several red flags against you already and perhaps you are preparing to get a second chance and you get this on your resume.  Sorry that is a problem.

« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2012, 08:22:45 PM »
Disappointed like everyone else with this news but agree that we move on. All things considered I'd go for Galan in 2013.

« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2012, 09:21:39 PM »
At least he didn't steal a taco.  He went out like a man!
Unfortunate circumstance but I'm crying right now from laughing from your post.

Funniest thing I've read in a while. LOL

desco80

« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2012, 09:56:06 PM »
Not sure what his connection is again, but didn't someone say Rodriguez is radio personality in FL?

For what it's worth, he says..

Sergio Rodriguez ‏ @SRod021
#stjbb has J. Turner as #1 priority but after the DUI arrest felt that wood was safe bet and put the full court press on...
8:00 PM - 29 Apr 12

Gumby

« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2012, 10:43:30 PM »
Not sure what his connection is again, but didn't someone say Rodriguez is radio personality in FL?

#stjbb has J. Turner as #1 priority but after the DUI arrest felt that wood was safe bet and put the full court press on...

I have doubts about this guy's message.  Two different positions!  And look at the timing!  The whole week end was to be a "full court press".  What did Coach due when he got the message about Josiah, say while driving Darrick  to the airport, pull over on the LIE, lock the doors, and give Darrick the super hard Coach Lavin hard sell.  We apparently wanted both.

Moose

« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2012, 10:47:10 PM »

I have doubts about this guy's message.  Two different positions!  And look at the timing!  The whole week end was to be a "full court press".  What did Coach due when he got the message about Josiah, say while driving Darrick  to the airport, pull over on the LIE, lock the doors, and give Darrick the super hard Coach Lavin hard sell.  We apparently wanted both.

The guy is right.  Staff wanted them both here at same time to see just how serious Josiah was.  And we see how serious he was.  Both would have been tough to swing especially with 2 big men still in sights.
Remember who broke the Slice news

LJSA

« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2012, 10:59:43 PM »

I have doubts about this guy's message.  Two different positions!

Turner is a big PG with a score-first mentality. If Harrison left after next season, Turner would have been our SG. I'm sure Lavin would have kept repeating that we have two top PGs on the court at the same time, but Turner would have been the guy covering SGs, not Branch.

Poison

« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2012, 11:05:24 PM »

Turner is a big PG with a score-first mentality. If Harrison left after next season, Turner would have been our SG. I'm sure
Lavin would have kept repeating that we have two top PGs on the court at the same time, but Turner would have been the guy covering SGs, not Branch.

Harrison will leave after he graduates.

LJSA

« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2012, 11:33:55 PM »

Turner is a big PG with a score-first mentality. If Harrison left after next season, Turner would have been our SG. I'm sure
Lavin would have kept repeating that we have two top PGs on the court at the same time, but Turner would have been the guy covering SGs, not Branch.

Harrison will leave after he graduates.

If someone has had in his head for years that he's two and out, he just may leave early even if everyone advises against it.

Poison

« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2012, 11:41:36 PM »
I love DLo. He's not getting drafted.

desco80

« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2012, 11:48:34 PM »

Youre right.  3/4s of this board will disagree, but he's too small and not athletic enough.  Just look at Scottie Reynolds and Hardy, both BE player of the year type guys, yet they aren't sniffing the nba. 

« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2012, 11:53:24 PM »

Youre right.  3/4s of this board will disagree, but he's too small and not athletic enough.  Just look at Scottie Reynolds and Hardy, both BE player of the year type guys, yet they aren't sniffing the nba.

Yup, the NBA is all about athleticism. DLo is going to be a phenomenal college basketball player, but unfortunately is not cut out for the league.

crgreen

« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2012, 01:19:46 AM »

Yup, the NBA is all about athleticism. DLo is going to be a phenomenal college basketball player, but unfortunately is not cut out for the league.

Hope we can all agree to disagree.   BTW, have it on good authority from about 20 different schools message boards (and message board experts are ALWAYS the best barometers!) before the 2008 draft that this fat, slow, short, unathletic center from UCLA was an idiot for coming out early.  This Love kid will never be more than a journeyman if he ever even sniffs the league at all.... :D

« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2012, 01:57:00 AM »

Hope we can all agree to disagree.   BTW, have it on good authority from about 20 different schools message boards (and message board experts are ALWAYS the best barometers!) before the 2008 draft that this fat, slow, short, unathletic center from UCLA was an idiot for coming out early.  This Love kid will never be more than a journeyman if he ever even sniffs the league at all.... :D

Not saying there aren't exceptions. Love exceeded all expectations. I'm just saying overall the NBA draft takes athleticism over skill for the most part. But Kevin Love is 6'10'' 260lbs. DLo is an undersized scoring 2 guard. He wont get drafted for the same reasons Dwight Hardy didn't get drafted.

LJSA

« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2012, 02:01:30 AM »

Not saying there aren't exceptions. Love exceeded all expectations. I'm just saying overall the NBA draft takes athleticism over skill for the most part. But Kevin Love is 6'10'' 260lbs. DLo is an undersized scoring 2 guard. He wont get drafted for the same reasons Dwight Hardy didn't get drafted.

Love is 6'10" with three-inch soles.

« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2012, 02:03:53 AM »

Love is 6'10" with three-inch soles.

Well, that's what he is listed at, but I agree he looks shorter.