Josiah Turner - PG - Arizona Transfer - Sacramento, CA - SMU

• 199 replies
Re: Josiah Turner - PG - Arizona Transfer - Sacramento, CA
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 11:33:34 AM »
What the heck is going on????
Thats what happens when a random poster's post on a random site is thought of as news
Molloy '71

NYCoffey

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 11:39:03 AM »
Thats what happens when a random poster's post on a random site is thought of as news

I didn't realize that I stated it as fact. I actually asked to see if anyone knew if there was any truth to it being that it came from a message board.

paultzman

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 11:42:08 AM »
“@AdamZagoria: Josiah Turner may visit #stjbb this weekend, sources confirm to @SNYtv. Will confirm later if it's set.”

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 11:45:58 AM »

Welcome to message boards
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 11:46:42 AM »

Maybe the NCAA has given Us an extra scholarship
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Moose

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 11:46:53 AM »

And Fordham confirmed it.  My question was whats going on with all the visits especially at positions of strength with minimal ships left.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 11:49:18 AM »
if we cut out the BS, it appears he is coming for a visit. Once confirmed, we will go from there. Let's remind ourselves of where we were several months ago. Things have evolved nicely.

Poison

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 12:30:11 PM »
If you want to go the Final Four, you need more than 2 great guards. Greene's game really improved towards the end of the season. His defense is strong. I see him developing into a Paris Horne type with stronger ball skills. You need guys like that. Harrison's strength isn't his defense.

desco80

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2012, 12:37:58 PM »
If you want to go the Final Four, you need more than 2 great guards. Greene's game really improved towards the end of the season. His defense is strong. I see him developing into a Paris Horne type with stronger ball skills. You need guys like that. Harrison's strength isn't his defense.

True enough.   Guards dominate college basketball.  (In a typical season).

But if you're Turner why are you interested in St Johns right now?   Wouldn't you want to go someplace with young talent who is just missing a pg?  (like us last year, before Branch came).    Unless he's sure D'angelo is going pro, it just seems like he wouldn't want to risk the playing time.   
I mean if you have the choice to go anywhere, you'd pick a school that needed a pg right?

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2012, 12:44:15 PM »

I endorse this post.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Chilleb

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2012, 01:05:45 PM »

But if you're Turner why are you interested in St Johns right now?   Wouldn't you want to go someplace with young talent who is just missing a pg?  (like us last year, before Branch came).    Unless he's sure D'angelo is going pro, it just seems like he wouldn't want to risk the playing time.   
I mean if you have the choice to go anywhere, you'd pick a school that needed a pg right?
then whyd rosario go to florida with beal, walker and, boyton

Chilleb

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2012, 01:07:08 PM »
you guys think we might have pulled the trigger to quick on bourgault and/or hooper? with all these available guys now? we have 2 ships left for this year 1 for next right?

Poison

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2012, 01:10:38 PM »
you guys think we might have pulled the trigger to quick on bourgault and/or hooper? with all these available guys now? we have 2 ships left for this year 1 for next right?

I personally don't. We can't play against a zone. Well, except for Notre Dame's.

Gumby

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2012, 01:10:53 PM »

Well, CR, Moose and a whole of other posters have mentioned repeatedly over the years that great programs have a multitude of talented players at the same position.  A kid like Josiah I am sure is in fact looking at potential playing time at the PG position.  However, with his talent I  am also sure that he is thinking about the next level, the NBA.  We all know that Coach has one of the best staff's in the country when it comes to getting high talent players ready for the big time.  If he comes east, Coach will bring him to MSG, and that is also impressive.

Josiah, by the way, bring me back a pie from Umberto's if you can.

desco80

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2012, 01:26:55 PM »

then whyd rosario go to florida with beal, walker and, boyton

Good point.   And yours as well Gumby.   

Chilleb

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2012, 01:33:59 PM »
kind of bugs me we have this plethora of talent rolling into town in nolan, turner, goodman, wood and dont have enough ships to facilitate them. when just 2 weeks ago we did. a recruiting class of that sort would have been monster and top 5 worthy IMO
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:34:14 PM by Chilleb »

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2012, 01:36:49 PM »
kind of bugs me we have this plethora of talent rolling into town in nolan, turner, goodman, wood and dont have enough ships to facilitate them. when just 2 weeks ago we did. a recruiting class of that sort would have been monster and top 5 worthy IMO

no one has signed. lavin can and will do what's best for the team. the only scholarship committed IMO is Sampson.  Everyone else is TBD.

Moose

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2012, 02:08:09 PM »

Wouldn't get them all to come without bottom depth chart players like Marco and Hooper. 

Poison

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2012, 02:10:48 PM »

You need the Kyle Kurics and the Jakarr Sampsons. They play off each other. Sampson is more open down low because the defense must pay attention to Bourgault and Hooper. If you don't have a zone buster there is no reason to not zone us 24/7. As it stands now, Pointer, Garrett and Gift need serious work on their shooting. I hope they plan to spend the summer addressing it.

Moose

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2012, 02:37:44 PM »

You need the Kyle Kurics and the Jakarr Sampsons. They play off each other. Sampson is more open down low because the defense must pay attention to Bourgault and Hooper. If you don't have a zone buster there is no reason to not zone us 24/7. As it stands now, Pointer, Garrett and Gift need serious work on their shooting. I hope they plan to spend the summer addressing it.

Well Garrett will be working on his curveball