Josiah Turner - PG - Arizona Transfer - Sacramento, CA - SMU

• 199 replies

paultzman

Re: Josiah Turner - PG - Arizona Transfer - Sacramento, CA
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2012, 03:35:38 PM »
Decent article and video of Josiah. Saga does give one pause!

“@ECoastBias: The long and winding road of Josiah Turner #stjbb http://t.co/8Z8PMUEa

Poison

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2012, 04:40:05 PM »
I wonder could we run Branch, Turner, Harrison, Sampson and Sanchez?

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2012, 04:56:12 PM »
Both Branch and Turner played against us at the Garden this year, correct?  The lure of playing home games at MSG!

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2012, 05:12:58 PM »
I wonder could we run Branch, Turner, Harrison, Sampson and Sanchez?

If we played man in the half court yes. Those are three tough, strong guards. And of course scoring would not be a problem.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Tha Kid

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2012, 05:15:15 PM »
Hey let's not forget that DOM POINTER was the highest ranked recruit that we got...I would not count him out as improving so much as to demand starting spot in 2 years, even if we added Turner and Harrison and Jakarr stuck around.
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2012, 05:34:48 PM »
Hey let's not forget that DOM POINTER was the highest ranked recruit that we got...I would not count him out as improving so much as to demand starting spot in 2 years, even if we added Turner and Harrison and Jakarr stuck around.

Dom Pointer is a pretty good comparison in terms of production. I actually think Dom will take a big step forward because of the addition of Branch. 

LJSA

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2012, 05:35:58 PM »
And Fordham confirmed it.  My question was whats going on with all the visits especially at positions of strength with minimal ships left.

If everyone stays for 2013-14, I count 13 (12, if Hooper's dad wants to foot the bill):

Wood
Branch
Turner
Greene
Harrison
Garrett
Pointer
Bourgault
Sanchez
Sampson
Nolan
Chandler
Hooper

I think Lavin will be looking to stick Nolan and Wood at the same postgrad school next season. And I'm starting to think Balamou might not be in the cards.

Gumby

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2012, 07:00:40 PM »
And Fordham confirmed it.  My question was whats going on with all the visits especially at positions of strength with minimal ships left.

If everyone stays for 2013-14, I count 13 (12, if Hooper's dad wants to foot the bill):

Wood
Branch
Turner
Greene
Harrison
Garrett
Pointer
Bourgault
Sanchez
Sampson
Nolan
Chandler
Hooper

I think Lavin will be looking to stick Nolan and Wood at the same postgrad school next season. And I'm starting to think Balamou might not be in the cards.

I like your optimism.  What comes next pick the Starting Five for 2014-2015?

Seriously, does Felix become the Dwight M. for this year's class?

We went from complaining about no word from Coach on recruits, to getting a few verbals, to a potential parade of "stars" arriving on campus in a week or so, to possibly dropping some verbals and a starter from last year.  It certainly is not a boring time on JJ.

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2012, 07:08:59 PM »
I don't know why people keep hating on Balamou, dude seems like a good prospect especially with this bunch.

Chilleb

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
I don't know why people keep hating on Balamou, dude seems like a good prospect especially with this bunch.
The kid is super underrated and undervalued. Aside from Jakarr I like him the most out of who've we've got so far.

DFF6

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2012, 07:14:51 PM »

We went from complaining about no word from Coach on recruits, to getting a few verbals, to a potential parade of "stars" arriving on campus in a week or so, to possibly dropping some verbals and a starter from last year.  It certainly is not a boring time on JJ.

Best recap of the day! 

Moose

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2012, 07:22:51 PM »
Both Branch and Turner played against us at the Garden this year, correct?  The lure of playing home games at MSG!

Must have been the U of Gay chants that peaked Josiah's interest
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2012, 08:08:12 PM »

Best recap of the day!
Yeah well we haven't gotten a commitment today, what did coach Lavin and his staff go back on vacation or something?

TONYD3

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2012, 08:17:50 PM »
Sorry if this was asked already, how can he be eligible next year if he played at Arizona last year?

Moose

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2012, 08:48:14 PM »
Sorry if this was asked already, how can he be eligible next year if he played at Arizona last year?

no
Remember who broke the Slice news

LJSA

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2012, 09:06:48 PM »

I'm not hating on him, and I was excited when Moose saw him and thought he looked really good. But it's been pretty quiet on the Balamou front, and with rumors of Wood and Turner possibly in the mix, he might be getting squeezed. When he signs that LOI I'll change my prediction. I think if Turner wants in, he's in. Which shifts Balamou to fifth guard if Harrison returns.

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2012, 09:07:08 PM »

Definitely. He seems to be a project and if we keep bringing guys in we'll need someone like that

LJSA

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2012, 09:09:20 PM »

Must have been the U of Gay chants that peaked Josiah's interest

He is from Sacramento. Lots of hillbillies up there.

DFF6

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2012, 09:56:18 PM »

Best recap of the day!
Yeah well we haven't gotten a commitment today, what did coach Lavin and his staff go back on vacation or something?

Nice!  Icing on the cake!

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2012, 10:35:24 PM »
The kid is super underrated and undervalued. Aside from Jakarr I like him the most out of who've we've got so far.

Id put him behind sanchez as well but I agree the kid is real good and real underrated.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.