Around Big East

• 3954 replies
Re: Around Big East
« Reply #2840 on: January 02, 2017, 11:51:11 AM »
Villanova guard Jalen Brunson named @BIGEAST player of the week. St. John's guard Shamorie Ponds named conference freshman of the week.

I don't think Brunson can check either of our guards. Baldi eagerly awaiting the Nova game

« Reply #2841 on: January 04, 2017, 07:51:53 PM »
Want Nova to win this game at Butler. Come in undefeated to the Garden

« Reply #2842 on: January 04, 2017, 08:04:44 PM »
This guy Chrabascz is going to make an all Big East team

« Reply #2843 on: January 04, 2017, 08:16:48 PM »
What a fantastic game

« Reply #2844 on: January 04, 2017, 08:20:04 PM »
Beat Creighton and we will play Xavier for 1st place

Johnny23

« Reply #2845 on: January 04, 2017, 08:22:48 PM »
I'm rooting for Butler as that makes our win over them look that much stronger.

A minute 40 is an eternity though.

Johnny23

« Reply #2846 on: January 04, 2017, 08:28:56 PM »
Butler very lucky that Brunson wasn't fully behind the 3 pt line on that foul. Dumb play.

Johnny23

« Reply #2847 on: January 04, 2017, 08:33:53 PM »
Butler is going to win this game.

Nova goes down.

« Reply #2848 on: January 07, 2017, 02:10:24 PM »
Xavier/G'town knotted up at 66 w/54 seconds remaining in regulation.

« Reply #2849 on: January 07, 2017, 02:17:10 PM »
Xavier/G'town headed to OT tied at 68.

paultzman

« Reply #2850 on: January 07, 2017, 02:35:55 PM »
Dink smiling as JT3 goes down again. :)

« Reply #2851 on: January 07, 2017, 02:37:28 PM »
Dink smiling as JT3 goes down again. :)

:up:  Mainly, Georgetown in general.  But, unfortunately, he's coaching that bunch that I love to hate. 

« Reply #2852 on: January 07, 2017, 02:41:41 PM »
Unfortunately Gtown being winless in conference does not bode well for us.  That place has been a house of horrors for us recently, and with their talent level/experience, there is no way they should be 0-4.  They will take out their misery on us next game.  No way they start 0-5 with the guys they have.

« Reply #2853 on: January 07, 2017, 02:48:15 PM »
Unfortunately Gtown being winless in conference does not bode well for us.  That place has been a house of horrors for us recently, and with their talent level/experience, there is no way they should be 0-4.  They will take out their misery on us next game.  No way they start 0-5 with the guys they have.

You could also look at it another way, too.  It could bode well, as today's loss may have taken a lot out of 'em.  They played with lots of energy today, but you could see the wind sucked outta 'em in OT.

IMO, they could have serious problems dealing with LoVett and Ponds.  Our type of guards have given G'town fits in the past few seasons.  Monday night may not be any different.  I'd love to close the book on their season on Monday. 

If the game was at MSG, then I'd confidently pick us.  It'll be a tough one on Monday, but I think we have more than a chance to win.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 02:49:17 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #2854 on: January 07, 2017, 09:18:47 PM »
Jay Wright always seems to leave his starters in too long

« Reply #2855 on: January 07, 2017, 10:26:57 PM »
Think we will have major problems with Gtowns frontline and overall size.  Also that building has been a house of horrors for us lately even when we've been solid and beaten Gtown in the garden.  And Gtown has way too much talent to go 0-5 to start conference play. They will be in desperation mode - think they are there already.

You could also look at it another way, too.  It could bode well, as today's loss may have taken a lot out of 'em.  They played with lots of energy today, but you could see the wind sucked outta 'em in OT.

IMO, they could have serious problems dealing with LoVett and Ponds.  Our type of guards have given G'town fits in the past few seasons.  Monday night may not be any different.  I'd love to close the book on their season on Monday. 

If the game was at MSG, then I'd confidently pick us.  It'll be a tough one on Monday, but I think we have more than a chance to win.

« Reply #2856 on: January 07, 2017, 10:33:49 PM »
Think we will have major problems with Gtowns frontline and overall size.  Also that building has been a house of horrors for us lately even when we've been solid and beaten Gtown in the garden.  And Gtown has way too much talent to go 0-5 to start conference play. They will be in desperation mode - think they are there already.

If we lose, it won't have anything to do with their desperation mode.  It'll be based on what we do or can't do.  I'm confident in saying so. 

If they were playing Villanova on Monday, then you'd be saying Georgetown probably will be done after Monday.  But, they're playing us, so you use the desperation label.  Again, they've been desperate the past two games.  They still lost.  This game will boil down to what we can't or won't do.

Their frontline probably will give us problems, as out backcourt will give them fits.  If we make shots and share the rock, then we'll probably come away with a win.  Desperation or not.

« Reply #2857 on: January 07, 2017, 10:54:12 PM »
I hear what you are saying, but I also think their players know how tough this league is and that we are one of the lesser teams.  If they want any chance for a season they need to win at home against us.

« Reply #2858 on: January 07, 2017, 11:16:26 PM »
I hear what you are saying, but I also think their players know how tough this league is and that we are one of the lesser teams.  If they want any chance for a season they need to win at home against us.

Again, they've been in desperation mode for the past two games.  Monday's game will boil down to what we can't or won't do.  Not whether the Hoyas are desperate. 

We are supposedly the lesser team, and that will probably be the reason we lose.  If it was Villanova,  as I mentioned earlier, you would say Georgetown will be done Monday night. 

That's my point

« Reply #2859 on: January 08, 2017, 08:57:59 PM »
Xavier just picked up a comittment from a 6'10" big.  We need to get someone in asap.

http://www.scout.com/college/xavier/story/1744246-xavier-lands-juco-big-man-for-2017-18