Around Big East

• 3954 replies

Johnny23

Re: Around Big East
« Reply #3140 on: May 08, 2017, 02:18:27 PM »
A not highly thought of 6'10 prospect plays on LI, in the Bronx and ends up at Creighton? Also originally from North Jersey.

Perfect example of scouring the area for all available prospects. Creighton's recruiting staff is on their game. Where's SJU's staff? It's not all about the 4 and 5 stars.

« Reply #3141 on: May 08, 2017, 02:28:27 PM »
A not highly thought of 6'10 prospect plays on LI, in the Bronx and ends up at Creighton? Also originally from North Jersey.

Perfect example of scouring the area for all available prospects. Creighton's recruiting staff is on their game. Where's SJU's staff? It's not all about the 4 and 5 stars.

I get your point, but Suarez is not a player worth bringing here for multiple reasons.

Johnny23

« Reply #3142 on: May 08, 2017, 03:07:34 PM »

I get your point, but Suarez is not a player worth bringing here for multiple reasons.

You see where I'm going with this. Also why wouldn't Suarez be worth bringing here yet good enough for Creighton?

« Reply #3143 on: May 08, 2017, 03:27:49 PM »

Staff is looking for 7 footers at Citifield

« Reply #3144 on: May 08, 2017, 03:35:47 PM »

You see where I'm going with this. Also why wouldn't Suarez be worth bringing here yet good enough for Creighton?

Creighton is rolling the dice.

Johnny23

« Reply #3145 on: May 08, 2017, 04:17:10 PM »

Those rolls of the die have worked out pretty well for them. Maybe we should get in on the action.

Johnny23

« Reply #3146 on: May 08, 2017, 04:18:10 PM »

Staff is looking for 7 footers at Citifield

Good to know they're at least recruiting the 5 boros.

QuanMan

« Reply #3147 on: May 08, 2017, 04:25:54 PM »
Mark Alstork‏
@Mark_Alstork

Follow
 More
@GeorgetownHoyas Here I Come! Thankful for the Opportunity To Be There. @CasualHoya Let's Get It 🤘🏽🤘🏽. Wya #HoyaNation #CoachPatEwing. 😊🙏🏽

Ewing picking up bodies at a quick pace. Alstork averaged 19ppg at Wright State last year, grad transfer 6'5 immediately eligible. Filler for Peak and Pryor.
Section 3
Section 116

paultzman

« Reply #3148 on: May 08, 2017, 04:41:50 PM »
Mark Alstork‏
@Mark_Alstork

Follow
 More
@GeorgetownHoyas Here I Come! Thankful for the Opportunity To Be There. @CasualHoya Let's Get It 🤘🏽🤘🏽. Wya #HoyaNation #CoachPatEwing. 😊🙏🏽

Ewing picking up bodies at a quick pace. Alstork averaged 19ppg at Wright State last year, grad transfer 6'5 immediately eligible. Filler for Peak and Pryor.

Casual Hoya @CasualHoya

Mark Alstork has NOT committed to Georgetown, despite the desires of the trigger happy Hoyas fans on twitter. He is on his way for a visit
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 04:42:21 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #3149 on: May 08, 2017, 04:45:22 PM »
Mark Alstork‏
@Mark_Alstork

Follow
 More

Casual Hoya @CasualHoya

Mark Alstork has NOT committed to Georgetown, despite the desires of the trigger happy Hoyas fans on twitter. He is on his way for a visit

Supposedly, Pitt is the frontrunner for Alstork, but that could change after his visit to Georgetown or his other remaining visits.

« Reply #3150 on: May 08, 2017, 05:18:33 PM »

Those rolls of the die have worked out pretty well for them. Maybe we should get in on the action.

On this one, I'm told not worth it

« Reply #3151 on: May 08, 2017, 05:23:50 PM »

Not worth it? Probably because the kid wants to play in the tournament

« Reply #3152 on: May 08, 2017, 05:55:04 PM »

Yawn.

« Reply #3153 on: May 08, 2017, 06:04:09 PM »

Yawn.

Exactly

Wods317

« Reply #3154 on: May 08, 2017, 07:30:44 PM »
I know a few people with connections to Adelphi and when I said this they were shocked. They didn't see him as a D1 player let alone at creighton for what that's worth.

goredmen

« Reply #3155 on: May 08, 2017, 09:17:52 PM »
Jon Rothstein‏
2019 PG Tyger Campbell has committed to DePaul and will reclassify to 2018, per his Twitter page. Top 25 player.

Evan Daniels
Dave Leitao's hire of Shane Heirman is paying off already. First Tyger Campbell. Strongly in mix for 5-star wing Brian Bowen too.

« Reply #3156 on: May 08, 2017, 09:32:35 PM »
A possible DePaul resurgence just in time for their new arena in downtown Chicago

Wods317

« Reply #3157 on: May 08, 2017, 09:51:24 PM »
Jon Rothstein‏
2019 PG Tyger Campbell has committed to DePaul and will reclassify to 2018, per his Twitter page. Top 25 player.

Evan Daniels
Dave Leitao's hire of Shane Heirman is paying off already. First Tyger Campbell. Strongly in mix for 5-star wing Brian Bowen too.

Hire Rice and bring in Antoine and Lewis. I'm kidding, kind of.....

« Reply #3158 on: May 08, 2017, 09:54:03 PM »
A possible DePaul resurgence just in time for their new arena in downtown Chicago

A week ago, I told a respective poster the same thing.  This is an extremely important time for DePaul, as Leitao is approaching his third season at the helm.  Leitao is attempting to save his job and bring some much needed momentum with the opening of DePaul's new arena.

So, he goes out and hires La Lumiere's head man, and he'll probably land MeanStreets' head guy shortly.  Brian Bowen could be DePaul's next commitment (2017 class player).

I'm not sure if this will have any long term ripples for DePaul, as they still have to win ball games.  But, I'm sure Leitao hopes this can quickly bring momentum and he ride the waves for the duration once things possibly get going.  We'll see.

« Reply #3159 on: May 08, 2017, 09:56:59 PM »
Jon Rothstein‏

Evan Daniels

Hire Rice and bring in Antoine and Lewis. I'm kidding, kind of.....

Sure, you're "kind of" kidding.  LOL     

Actually, you hire him because he has the necessary credentials.  If he brings in a couple of kids from his AAU team, then that's the cherry on top.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 09:57:21 PM by mjdinkins »