NBA TIDBITS

• 26 replies
NBA TIDBITS
« on: May 29, 2008, 10:32:41 AM »
Memphis' Joey Dorsey created a stir yesterday, saying he has inside information that the Bulls will take Michael Beasley with the No. 1 pick.

Re: NBA TIDBITS
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 09:49:05 AM »
Pistons' big-name stars may be traded
Posted: Wednesday June 04, 2008 07:04AM ET
Chauncey Billups and Rasheed Wallace are the most likely Pistons to go. Richard Hamilton and Antonio McDyess are most likely to stay. Tayshaun Prince falls somewhere in between. Dumars talked Tuesday about a lack of urgency in his players. Billups is as responsible for that as anybody. Dumars surely wants a renewed emphasis on defense, and Billups is the weakest defender among starters. Other teams will want Prince for obvious reasons: He is the youngest Pistons starter (28), he has a reputation as an elite defensive player, and he is versatile. But at times in recent years, Prince has not lived up to his defensive reputation

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 09:57:52 AM »
interesting. I think the Pistons definitely need to shake it up a bit. It wasn't the coach who was at fault but those vets were way to comfortable and definitely lacked urgency
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 10:02:31 AM »
interesting. I think the Pistons definitely need to shake it up a bit. It wasn't the coach who was at fault but those vets were way to comfortable and definitely lacked urgency

Wouldnt mind seeing the Knicks go after Billups, Rasheed Wallace disappears more often than not and is a headache.

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 10:10:10 AM »
From Espn.com

The Knicks are in a tough spot. They'd love to move up a few spots in the draft and get a player like Mayo or Bayless. But neither player will likely be there at No. 6. Their options at No. 6 are solid, but none of the players on the board will be able to turn this team around.
Would they be willing to sacrifice a good young player or two (David Lee or Nate Robinson) for the chance to draft a star? Or would they be willing to move down in the draft to pick up multiple assets?
I don't think Donnie Walsh likes where he's at and it will be interesting to see which way the Knicks will go.

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 11:37:04 AM »
I think they have to try and get Mayo...

also Eric Gordon seems to be a forgotten man.  I think he's going to be good as well.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 11:38:16 AM »
If both are available, who do you go with Mayo or Gordon?

Randomhero423

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 11:49:23 AM »
we must get oj mayo. 

westbrook may not be bad either.  i'd like to trade down though.

supposdely zach randolph/6th pick for evans/16th pick is on the table .  i wouldn't do it.

there's another rumor jermaine o'neal to the cavs for wally and eric snow.

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 12:27:43 PM »
If both are available, who do you go with Mayo or Gordon?

I give the edge to Mayo...

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 07:40:40 PM »
we must get oj mayo. 

westbrook may not be bad either.  i'd like to trade down though.

supposdely zach randolph/6th pick for evans/16th pick is on the table .  i wouldn't do it.

there's another rumor jermaine o'neal to the cavs for wally and eric snow.

i think mayo would be a steal for the knicks if they can get him at 6.

Randomhero423

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 08:07:01 PM »
defintely.  it all depends on minny imo.

i can see.
CHI- Rose
MIA - Beasley
MIN - Lopez
SEA - Bayless
MEM - Randolph

I have a feeling SEA will defintely pick Bayless.  so MIN/MEM are the wildcards.  MEM has a lot of young pg's and MIN also has foye/mccants.

it's gonna b interesting.

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 08:24:44 AM »
This kid was nice,  think he originally committed to BC but had some problems.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8216500/Ex-NBA-player-Herren-faces-drug-charge

Ex-NBA player Herren faces drug chargeUpdated: June 6, 2008, 12:12 PM EST add this RSS blog email print FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) - Former NBA player Chris Herren was charged with driving under the influence of drugs after police found him slumped over the wheel of his running car, which crashed into a utility pole.

Sgt. Thomas Mauretti said an officer found a hypodermic needle and a small blue bag in the car that he recognized as packaging for heroin on Wednesday. He said the officer believed the 32-year-old Herren had overdosed.
Herren was transported to Charlton Memorial Hospital, where he was listed in good condition Friday. He was also charged with possession of a class A drug and reckless operation.

No court date has been set. It was not immediately clear if Herren had a lawyer.

Herren played for the Denver Nuggets and Boston Celtics from 1999 to 2001.

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 11:12:50 AM »
This kid Mbah a Moute from UCLA has to be kidding me staying in the draft. Hes NBDL bound, he probably made more money at UCLA. Budinger and the kids from Carolina made the right decision to return IMO. Carolina has to be preseason #1

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 11:15:58 AM »
Is Bayless really worthy of the #4 pick?

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 11:21:58 AM »
Is Bayless really worthy of the #4 pick?

http://www.nbadraft.net/

Im not sure about that either, can Bayless shoot? Looks like Mayo's stock is rising with that doof Lopez from Stanford dropping. Think Donnie Walsh might take at shot at Alexander?

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 11:25:35 AM »
I don't like Rose at all. I also don't think Love is a top 5 pick. Some of these guys were great in college but I don't know if that translates into the pros. I like Russell Westbrook from UCLA or even more of a potential pick in DeAndre Jordan or Nick Batum.

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 11:36:06 AM »
Too bad the Knicks dont have a 2nd rounder. There will be some good players there imo. I like Gary Forbes and Sonny Weems, I think they both make a team next year

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 11:49:20 AM »
Chicago has been real bad in the draft lately...they need a low post scoring threat since Brand left...and have selected Joakim Noah and Tyurs Thomas lately(passing on Lamarcus Aldridge)...if they pass on Beasley it is a really dumb move IMO.

Randomhero423

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 03:08:49 PM »
this is what should happen.

1. Bulls - Beasley.  They need a scoring PF and then they will be fine.  So why not take the best PF in the draft?  hinrich can do at pg.
2. Heat - Rose.  No brainer.  he, wade and marion will be lethal together
3. MIN- Mayo.  BPA.  Although doesn't fill the void at C, jordan and lopez are not worth a top 5 pick, while mayo can easily end up hte best player in the draft.
4. SEA - Bayless.  They need a PG, he's easily the second best pg in the draft..
5. MEM - Anthony Randolph.  Randolph is athletic, and since they don't need to win now, no point in taking kevin love who has limited upside.  conley, gay and randolph can be very good trio as a fast break team.
6. NYK - Westbrook.  Very good defensively, good passer, not a great shot.  He can play PG/SG and will be great in dn'toni's system.  i would take love if they trade randolph.

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 04:56:21 PM »
random...not bad...I have not seen much of Randolph so I can't comment on that pick but I wasn't overly impressed by Bayless (didn't see him much) or Westbrook...and I just can't see Gordon dropping to below the 6th pick.