Ashton Pankey - PF - Maryland Transfer - Bronx, NY

• 176 replies
Re: Ashton Pankey - PF - Maryland Transfer - Bronx, NY
« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2012, 02:25:17 PM »
Pankey visited Iona on Tuesday, than canceled his visit to Fordham on Wednesday. Ya boy.

NOt sure about Manhattan visit yet

« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2012, 02:44:28 PM »
AFTER he spoke to Maven.  ; )

« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2012, 08:23:54 PM »
Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille
Maryland transfer Ashton Pankey has committed to Manhattan, per a source. #boyshoops

« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2012, 10:04:24 PM »
Maryland transfer Ashton Pankey has committed to Manhattan, per a source. #boyshoops

Damn. Have to figure he wouldnt get the rock as much at Iona

MCNPA

« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2012, 10:08:31 PM »

He's an ACC transfer.  Its Iona.  Who's going to get the rock more?  The 5th Plumlee?   ;D

« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2012, 10:22:19 PM »

He's an ACC transfer.  Its Iona.  Who's going to get the rock more?  The 5th Plumlee?   ;D

Momo and Armand are going to dominate the ball, Laury will be the 3rd option come December. PMG said Pankey has a shin problem, might not be suited for the quick pace of Iona

« Reply #166 on: June 01, 2012, 10:36:53 PM »
Baldi you really think that Iona is THAT much more of an attractive option than Manhattan?  I don't know what the Jaspers have coming back, but I know people think their coach is going places.  I am sure that plus PT, etc, played a role.

MCNPA

« Reply #167 on: June 01, 2012, 10:55:02 PM »

Momo and Armand are going to dominate the ball, Laury will be the 3rd option come December. PMG said Pankey has a shin problem, might not be suited for the quick pace of Iona

Lol...  Iona still a mid-major dude, regardless of a decent regular season last year.

« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2012, 11:59:51 PM »
Baldi you really think that Iona is THAT much more of an attractive option than Manhattan?  I don't know what the Jaspers have coming back, but I know people think their coach is going places.  I am sure that plus PT, etc, played a role.

Oh I think Masiello is the best coach in the MAAC, hes going bigtime shortly. George Beamon is a player, could score with a nun. I love Rhamel Brown also.

« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2012, 12:02:34 AM »

Lol...  Iona still a mid-major dude, regardless of a decent regular season last year.

The bar has been set for Baldi and this Iona staff. They missed on Rhoomes and Pankey, plan B Tobe Okafor still in play, if not Im ready to go with what we got. THis Juco Desean Anderson and David Laury are underrated and youll know their names soon enough

« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2012, 12:21:01 AM »
I guess Pankey didnt like that 25 point loss that Iona dropped on his watch

nyc12

« Reply #171 on: June 02, 2012, 04:43:12 PM »
How come nobody is going after Majok Majok.   The kid was reportedly going to put Fairfield and Cooley in the MAAC drivers seat, now that he could be eligible coming out of JUCO nobody wants him?  I am surprised Grasso is not chasing him.

« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2012, 07:33:21 PM »
Great job by the Jaspers grabbing Pankey. My former co-worker Matt Grady is an ast at Manhattan so I want to see them do well.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

paultzman

« Reply #173 on: July 31, 2012, 04:49:37 PM »
“@JonRothstein: Manhattan still awaiting word from NCAA on waiver for Maryland transfer Ashton Pankey. Jaspers could dominate MAAC if they add the big man.”

« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2012, 05:29:48 PM »
Jaspers on the rise.....great coach and staff....

Moose

« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2013, 08:46:59 PM »
Complete joke this kid wasn't given waiver.
Remember who broke the Slice news

crgreen

« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2013, 09:19:18 PM »
Complete joke this kid wasn't given waiver.

Transfer eligibility might be the next big scandal to hit the NCAA.   We've got investigators getting fired, decisions being renewed.  So we're learning the integrity and character of some of these "decision makers"  is a murky area.

How much money is it worth to say, an unnamed Oregon booster, to convince some lowly NCAA "investigator" to approve immediate  transfer eligibility for someone like Arsalan Kazemi to frontline depleted Oregon (Kasemi pulled down 10.3 rebs as a Rice Junior LAST season, is is saving Oregon's bacon with 9.4 per game THIS year after "immediate eligibility"....

This lack of transparency in these decisions stinks to high heaven.